U.S. election betting odds tighten but still favour Trump over Biden

webfact

2 hours ago, tpazzi said:

My head is spinning listening to the Trump campaign representatives argueing:

"We must stop the vote counting in PA"(where they are ahead)

But... We have to keep counting in Arizona and Nevada"

(where they are behind)

Typical Trump and his enablers.  They don't care about being fair, just winning.  Can't wait to see Trump and his gang of criminals walk out of the WH.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder how you would feel if Trump supporters posted the sort of posts about Biden that you guys post about Trump?

It would have to be OK to post it given you guys got away with it for 4 years.

Bring it on!  Not much to bash Biden on other than conspiracy theories and his age.  Way more good material for Trump! ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Susco said:

Well, as I said already, in my opinion the person with the highest count of popular votes should be president, especially if he get's more than 50% of all votes casted.

Most Americans would agree with you as far as what should be.  But the USA operates under the rule of law, the Constitution specifies the process of electing the president.  Changing the Constitution is difficult as was intended.  So the Electoral College is what we got.

As on observer who is not keyed into all things American. How likely is it to change with Biden being ahead so much. How are his chances to score an other 6 points to get to the 270 ? Is this likely to completely turn around when they go on counting votes ?

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

As on observer who is not keyed into all things American. How likely is it to change with Biden being ahead so much. How are his chances to score an other 6 points to get to the 270 ? Is this likely to completely turn around when they go on counting votes ?

Last night (Thai time) Trump was roughly 100,000 votes ahead of Biden in Georgia. 2 hours ago he was 40,000 ahead. An hour ago he was 30,000 ahead.

There's power in those postal votes - Atlanta is very blue, and so is Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Over the next 24 hours, with Nevada most likely also in the pot, there's not much doubt that Biden will cruise across the 270 magic number.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Last night (Thai time) Trump was roughly 100,000 votes ahead of Biden in Georgia. 2 hours ago he was 40,000 ahead. An hour ago he was 30,000 ahead.

There's power in those postal votes - Atlanta is very blue, and so is Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Over the next 24 hours, with Nevada most likely also in the pot, there's not much doubt that Biden will cruise across the 270 magic number. It is now mathematically almost impossible for Trump to reach 270.

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Maybe  passing under the radar due to the fascination of the Presidential race is that the Senate seats are tied.  That  must be  causing McConnells  wee chin to  wobble. He may be forced  to be a witness instead of a smug sanctimonious control  freak.

If the Senate is tied who will have the deciding vote in the event of a tie? Kamala Harris? Could be interesting times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

There's power in those postal votes - Atlanta is very blue, and so is Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Over the next 24 hours, with Nevada most likely also in the pot, there's not much doubt that Biden will cruise across the 270 magic number.

Thank you, for your information. I really hope bidden wins. I don't know much about him but Trump is a total disaster.

I did expect there to be a larger margin though. Did not expect so many people from the US still to support him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

The US considers this an election.

The rest of the world considers it your IQ test.

In an amazing coincidence,  pollsters have discovered that the  IQ  of both candidates is within 2 percentage points of their ages !  

• Haha 1

No matter who wins it just shows America is as split as 4 years ago. 

Just like many countries in Europe. 

Kinda sad that they elect a president that probably will die while sitting in the white house and it's scary that those 2 senior citizens are the best US can put on the list.

And if the republicans want to win next time, maybe they shouldn't fear sending their votes by letter. 

(I assume Biden will catch up on Trump when all letter votes has be counted) 

It's absolutely crazy how many democrats used that option compared to republicans.

Ohh well, it's been fun to watch as always and the circus show will probably continue tomorrow if Trump lose. 

Personally I think if Trump lose it's because of the way he handled the covid-19 crisis. 

Many Americans including democrats actually got their jobs back and had more money between their fingers during his term, but he totally dropped the ball when it comes to handling this covid-19 situation.