U.S. vote count edges Biden closer to win as Trump mounts legal challenges

snoop1130

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm not American, so maybe there's something about the counting that I don't understand.

Many states have been declared as Trump or Biden wins - before all the votes have been counted.

One example: Arizona declared as a win for Biden.

So far the vote count is Trump 1,400,000 and Biden 1,470,000 a lead of  just 70,000.

But, there are still almost 400,000 votes uncounted.

Surely this means that Trump could still win, theoretically.

What am I missing?

I'm taking these figures from the Guardian live update https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/nov/03/us-election-2020-live-results-donald-trump-joe-biden-who-won-presidential-republican-democrat

I am watching CNN live and they have just covered Arizona. They have refused to call Arizona although I have heard that Fox News did. I would agree with CNN's cautious approach. In previous elections you could extrapolate based on a representative sample of the vote. But now, because of drop off votes, postal votes which outstrip the number of on the day votes, this is no longer possible, especially in states where the state legislature does not allow counting or even preparation of postal votes (such as taking them out of their envelopes) until the day after the election is over.

This is what I'm seeing for Pennsylvania as of 1 pm TH time. The final Nov. 6 deadline in Pennsylvania will be about 16 hours from now. Lots of mail-in ballots not yet tallied into the results:

655617228_Pennsylvania4.jpg.69b4e4acc8d1b9ca3059cc86f8ca514d.jpg

https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/

1251912969_Pennsylvania1.jpg.1d562699d90b57b07f2dca06561e7f71.jpg

1258322603_Pennsylvania2.jpg.6e98baa72dcc54a8e1d0083f4b8d3ebe.jpg

https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx

1662384116_Pennsylvania3.jpg.870b23191a7eaa3991f955b06ff3162e.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

This is what the Secretary of State's website is showing for Arizona right now:

426528417_Arizona1.jpg.2a9f640ce54fae7a5d44e5c3e528e296.jpg

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/18/0

AP appears to be using slightly older tallies:

792297057_Arizona2.jpg.c0f037f6e1025196d4bcea0330306bd4.jpg

Google search result source

And CNN has the exact same figures as Sec State. Funny how the vilified MSM again shows that they're mainstream for a reason; they're sane and mostly correct.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

This is what I'm seeing for Pennsylvania as of 1 pm TH time. The final Nov. 6 deadline in Pennsylvania will be about 16 hours from now. Lots of mail-in ballots not yet tallied into the results:

(charts take up space, waste pixels)

not final.  military and overseas ballots can still be tallied if they arrive by tuesday, nov 10.

normally the numbers would be irrelevant, but if the final provisional tally on nov 06 is tight enough for a recount, the last few batches could be decisive.

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

not final.  military and overseas ballots can still be tallied if they arrive by tuesday, nov 10.

normally the numbers would be irrelevant, but if the final provisional tally on nov 06 is tight enough for a recount, the last few batches could be decisive.

As I understand it, PA will count all mail-in ballots that arrive by Nov. 6, but that doesn't mean that they actually have to be counted by the 6th.  

10 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

As I understand it, PA will count all mail-in ballots that arrive by Nov. 6, but that doesn't mean that they actually have to be counted by the 6th.  

sure, they have until december 08 to finalize the totals and certify the results, but in the current environment i'm sure they will make every effort to count all ballots received on the 6th as they arrive in real time live streamed for all to see.

The only fully legit gripe at this point is the polling. 

Newt Gingrich came on tv and accused Biden of fraud and cited no specifics. It has gotten laughable. How can you accuse a campaign of fraud and not even cite evidence? Photos, witnesses? They are just saying things. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/03/election-ballot-delays-usps/

USPS data shows thousands of mailed ballots missed Election Day deadlines

The Postal Service ignored a federal judge’s order to sweep processing plants on Tuesday after more than 300,000 scanned ballots could not be traced.

From the article you posted:

In 28 states, election officials must receive ballots by the end of Election Day to be counted.

Voting and postal experts say the mail agency should be able to process 97 percent of incoming ballots — or completed ballots sent to election officials. But data shows the Postal Service missed that mark seven out of eight days. And in the five days ending Monday, processing scores dropped, from 97.1 percent to 89.6 percent on Monday.

That sounds like a lot of legally voted and submitted ballots that may not have made it to the various election authorities before their counts closed -- to the extent they were in any of those 28 states with hard Election Day cutoffs for mail-in ballots.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Redline said:

December 14, 2020: Electors Vote in Their States

His is the actual end of the election 

Nope.  The election actually occurs on Jan. 6 when the new Congress accepts the result of the Dec. 14 voting by the electors in their respective states.  Although rare, there have been cases when the Congress rejected the votes of some electors even to the point of flipping the election.  Only then does the fat lady sing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

If Biden takes Georgia, Fox News will have to give the Presidency to Biden as they've already given him Arizona.  Will be interesting. 

I think Pennsylvania will probably be called before Georgia so they won't have to face that problem. With Pennsylvania Biden doesn’t need Arizona.

• Like 1