U.S. vote count edges Biden closer to win as Trump mounts legal challenges

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

Don't know if Pennsylvania has different election laws from the rest of the US, but as far as I'm aware the election law allows mail-n ballots to be posted until closing time on election day, and the post stamp provides prove for that.

Even as a Trump supporter, I'm sure you will be aware that something that is sent by post, arrives after it is posted. Not?

Each state has its own laws on such technical date matters.

• Like 2

OK.

Big drama in Georgia!

45 has a 18.5k lead.

Only 50K votes still needed to be counted. 

Meaning Biden needs about 70 percent of those 50k.

But coming mostly from heavily democratic precincts.

But 70 percent is alot.

Not making any predictions.

Except its going to be close.

Wow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Each state has its own laws on such technical date matters.

Yes I looked it up after your comment, and for Pennsylvania they have to dropped of at certain locations before 8pm on election day.

As I believe those drop of point will be spread all over the state, I think it is normal that it takes some time to collect them and transport to the counting location

Not sure why people think so much about fraud. Its the US not Thailand. I would not expect large scale fraud in the USA. Certainly not dirty tricks like this. If it comes out then a party is ruined. I mean it would place a huge stain on a party. Also crimes like that are usually committed by a group that always makes it hard to keep it secret. 

Seems more that Trump supporters want to stop mailed in ballots as they favor Biden. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure why people think so much about fraud. Its the US not Thailand. I would not expect large scale fraud in the USA. Certainly not dirty tricks like this. If it comes out then a party is ruined. I mean it would place a huge stain on a party. Also crimes like that are usually committed by a group that always makes it hard to keep it secret. 

Seems more that Trump supporters want to stop mailed in ballots as they favor Biden. 

Obviously not the same Protestant ethics as Dutch Protestants! ????

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, I know, but these aren't army votes. They are piles of mail ballots coming in late in a state that is going slow on counting - a state that is a crucial swing state.

late?  state supreme court already ruled ballots postmarked by election day can be received thru friday the 6th.  military and overseas ballots until tuesday the 10th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump is like little boy in group, onlyone who have leave whitout lolli!

But i really dont get one thing! How many state have count millions vote's in one day and now they cant count few hundred thousand in one or 2 day!!?

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Trump is like little boy in group, onlyone who have leave whitout lolli!

But i really dont get one thing! How many state have count millions vote's in one day and now they cant count few hundred thousand in one or 2 day!!?

Machine votes vs. paper mailed in ballots.

Next 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

OK.

Big drama in Georgia!

45 has a 18.5k lead.

Only 50K votes still needed to be counted. 

Meaning Biden needs about 70 percent of those 50k.

But coming mostly from heavily democratic precincts.

But 70 percent is alot.

Not making any predictions.

Except its going to be close.

Wow!

Update could be better news for Biden.

62k to be counted rather than 50k.

3 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yes I read that but it might get deleted by the moderation since you didn't post a source

Also its so stupid. He's behind in Nevada which under their law will legally count ballots that arrive 10 days after election day.

Looks like he will loose Pennsylvania too.

A headstart of 700.000 votes are dropping fast.

Seems like Biden will win Pennsylvania with about 95.000 votes or so if the trend continues. 

Edited by Virt
Missed a 0 :D

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, according to the law they don’t have to be there before the voting stops. 

No, they just have to get counted. Hardly a mess. 

He’s trying every dirty trick as expected to steal the election and violate the people’s right to vote. If you find that “the right thing” be it. 

Just as the Dems were trying to "steal" the election in 2016. Recounts were filed in Nevada (completed), Wisconsin (completed), Michigan (rejected/halted) and Pennsylvania (rejected/halted).

I'm using "steal" in inverted commas because it's the right thing to do when you have close contests - on both sides. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Dems would be doing exactly the same or worse if the situation was reversed.

Nothing will be stolen. Any legal processes that will eventuate from this will ensure everything is above board.

Anyway, if Joe Biden wins, welcome to your first ever female president: Harris. She'll destroy what's left of your country once they "fix" the covid problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

Jill Stein (Green Party) called some of the recounts last time, not Democrats. But either way, recounts are relatively standard in close races. What isn't standard is accusing the other side of fraud with no evidence. Making it so mail in votes couldn't be counted until election day, and then declaring victory before they could be counted. Refusing to say you will accept the results of the election. Or telegraphing that you would claim fraud and declare victory before the election even happened.

Obviously evidence will be presented to the court. They will decide to reject it or not. That's what courts are for. If there's no reason, then nothing will happen. You probably read the wrong news as reasons have been given, and Trump doesn't make such decisions without a legal team. If the reasons are not valid, you will find out soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1