Attack at protest in Jomtien: "Ken" charged with assault after headbutting critical Russian

webfact

Attack at protest in Jomtien: "Ken" charged with assault after headbutting critical Russian

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pattaya police have charged protest leader Narathiwat "Ken" Khamma with assault after he headbutted a 52 year old Russian man in Jomtien on Sunday night.

Daily News reported that the assault drew blood and was near the Dong Tan police booth during "Khana Ratsadorn" protests for the ouster of Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha. 

Ken was taken to Pattaya police station after the incident where he said that the Russian had called protesters the "dregs of society" and said they were "a virus" damaging the local economy as well as the whole economy of Thailand. 

He said he had tried to reason with the foreigner but after he dared him to attack he did. 

Daily News further reported that the protesters marched on the police station to get Ken released. The police explained they had seen the attack that occurred right in front of them. 

Ken was bailed in the sum of 10,000 baht.

Business leaders in Pattaya have called for Ken to explain his actions as they fear the incident has caused considerable damage to Pattaya, said the media quoting unnamed sources. 

Soure: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-10

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying violence is justified?

Anyone headbutting another deserves jail time, IMO.

True, the Russian was beyond stupid for interfering but that doesn't in any way justify the cowardly act of headbutting him in front of his young daughter.

However, after living for so many years in Thailand I also know that Lady Justice was never granted a visa so will not expect the perp to serve the time he so richly deserves.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, bodga said:

She'll probably see far worse as she grows  up.

She will believe me but for now she is just a little kid and should be protected from seeing this kind of stuff.

Number one i blame her father and number two mister Ken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

I liked how Ken asked the farang “why do you live in Thailand?” 
An overweight farang, in Pattaya, with a half Thai kid. What did he think he is doing living in Thailand? 

Are you suggesting that all overweight farang in Pattaya are here for the beaches? 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, misterjames said:

What a POS who headbutts a man in front of his little daughter? that is the lowest thing ever she will be traumatised for life.

I agree, the fact that he was attacked while using his daughter as protection says a lot! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

only one? did he look around? there may have be others. 

actually after watching the video it is horrible for the young girl. 

it is illegal for farangs to attend political gathers in Thailand. 

What makes you think it's illegal for foreigners to attend political gatherings in Thailand?  I'd love to see this law.

• Like 2