Nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

Oh yeah....they were so magnanimous in defeat.

And what pray tell did trump do on his first day in office?hummmmm?I rember and you wonder why normal Americans were and still are up in arms about that and thousands of other trolls and humiliations not to mention the sheer epic incompetence and graft.and just 3% of Americans belive trump won the election 

According to Rasmussen :

" among Biden voters, only 56% say they were voting for Biden. Twenty-nine percent (29%) of these voters say they were voting against Trump, while a surprisingly high 15% are not sure." 

This is interesting,

after 4 years of Mr. Trump presidency, so many people (29% of Mr. Biden voters) preferred to vote for someone/anyone else than again for Mr. Trump. 

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

In the op is a link. Why don't you post one yourself for us to read the complete information in stead of your selection.

@TopDeadSenter

And again, please show the poll. I just tried to find it myself but can not, The main mention of the 49% you mention is this  "The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters say they voted for Democrat Joe Biden.", which is something completely different from your claim.

Looks to me your claim is non existent.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of percentages, I just read an article which analyzed all the counties that voted Dem/Rep.  It appears that Trump counties accounted for only 29% of all US GDP.  So in addition to the Trump base being less educated, they're also less productive!

[Counties won by Democratic President-elect Joe Biden make up 70 percent of all U.S. economic output—or gross domestic product (GDP)—a new post-election study finds.]

[Meanwhile, Trump voter counties make up less than one-third of the country's economic output, a Brookings Institution study said.]

[Brookings Senior Fellow Mark Muro told Newsweek Thursday that Biden won 94 of the biggest GDP counties, while Trump won only six]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-counties-make-up-just-29-percent-of-u-s-economic-output-2020-election-study-shows/ar-BB1aXiBz

And these Trump followers  vote like Trump billionaire supporters.

Edited by Opl

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Three things:

1- would he be able to run for president from inside a prison?

2- would he be able to run from a foreign country?

3- if either above situation does not come to pass,  it's pretty damned certain it will NOT be as a Republican

And there are the questions of health, mortality, and the ravages of age. 

Teddy Roosevelt split off and started his own Bullmoose Party.  DT will start the Bull (insert vulgar word for doo-doo here) party.

if he is in prison I would assume it would be for a felony so NO, he would not be able to run for President. I do assume if he is an American (which he is unfortunately) that he could base a campaign from anywhere that would have him. I do think he would have to come back to America to conduct official business if he was elected (as we have seen by recent events, Germany does not like foreign leaders conducting official business on their soil)

9 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

if he is in prison I would assume it would be for a felony so NO, he would not be able to run for President. I do assume if he is an American (which he is unfortunately) that he could base a campaign from anywhere that would have him. I do think he would have to come back to America to conduct official business if he was elected (as we have seen by recent events, Germany does not like foreign leaders conducting official business on their soil)

Afaik felons can run for president. He must be a US resident though.

Edited by stevenl

2 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

if he is in prison I would assume it would be for a felony so NO, he would not be able to run for President.

As mentioned above. Been a few posts on here re there is no law/rule against it and somebody has tried it in the past.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, polpott said:

Its the great flaw in the American system of democracy in the modern world, it just doesn't work any more. Central government is the only way forward. Amply illustrated by the pandemic response which should have been rolled out to all states from a single central body not allowing each state to go its own way. That's why there are so many infections and deaths in the US.

Another is the voting system. All states have their own electoral laws creating challenges and chaos everywhere. Also when electing the president of the United States, you are electing a single person representing all states equally. The electoral college system makes a nonsense of this. In a democracy its one person, one vote and the person with the highest number of votes becomes president.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Wanted to write back earlier but got sidetracked. I am trying to keep some balance looking at the USA. Understand my investment emotionally in the country. My DNA goes back to South Jersey before the founding ... my DNA was a Valley Forge, and in burning the British tea at Greenwich, NJ in 1774. I have done that tracing because I am a student of and have a great respect for history (my profile is public for anyone curious). I am very disheartened currently, remember I am well aware of the good, bad and ugly in US history. Still I have promoted reaching for positive ideals while recognizing we continue to fall short. I believe in those ideals but ... I am faced with the reality. Representatives reliant on campaign contributions and then having some obligation to help those who funded their election ... the American political system ... corrupted by money. Never mind the SCOTUS declaring that corporations are citizens just like you and I. Ha! Yes, we will be dealing with that ruling citation later dealing with robots and AI. Justice system? Corrupted also by money ... ha! Same crime, you get the Public Defender, I have the money to pay the "Dream Team". The US with a higher percentage of its citizens locked up than any other country claiming to be a democracy ... Medicine? I can buy travel insurance that will cover me anywhere in the world ... except for the US due to the US cost being so unreasonable. Well, all this could be addressed but ... as we both recognize, the system is corrupted by the money interests. Bottom line ... I am faced with the fact of 70+ million Americans supporting the words, policies and actions of The Donald and his ilk. Yes, the majority won the election (we will see if the working middle class noticeably improves). But an American majority of only 500,000? I have lost my country ...

• Haha 1

Trump is not going to concede.  

With all the legal maneuvering going on, this election may end up in the House of Representatives per the 12th amendment. If that happens, Trump will win.

This is the nightmare scenario Pelosi warned about. Sadly for her and her fellows, the blue wave did not materialize.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presidential-election-2020-house-of-representatives-involvement-nancy-pelosi/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

Trump is not going to concede.  

With all the legal maneuvering going on, this election may end up in the House of Representatives per the 12th amendment. If that happens, Trump will win.

This is the nightmare scenario Pelosi warned about. Sadly for her and her fellows, the blue wave did not materialize.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presidential-election-2020-house-of-representatives-involvement-nancy-pelosi/

Good luck with that eventuality coming about.

• Haha 1