STV London

The embassy in London does not issue STV's since the UK is not a low risk country.

See: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

They do issue the new single entry tourist visa.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Sorry if this has been done before but do you apply for a COE and then a visa or vice versa. What can you do if you get a 90 day visa but then takes 2 months to actually get there depending on flights/ASQ hotels. Thanks.

You apply for the visa first. A a single entry tourist visa is valid to use for entry to the country for 3 months from the day it issued. You would then get the 60 day entry the visa allows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Hi, has anyone done a STV at the London Embassy. How easy is it, I have sent them 2 emails with no reply. Thanks.

The STV ( Special Tourist Visa) is not available from the London Thai Embassy but you can apply for the  new single entry tourist visa  on line -Register first and then apply for visa

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Edited by Tim16
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for the visa first. A a single entry tourist visa is valid to use for entry to the country for 3 months from the day it issued. You would then get the 60 day entry the visa allows.

I have a retirement extension with multi entry . I am a UK passport holder.

If I was to go to say, Cambodia, a low risk country, could I apply for a STV there to get back in or even for a visa for this medical 2 week check up treatment they were talking about? Maybe, even a single entry tourist visa?

My bank in Cambodia will issue me a letter of invitation for business reasons, I have full insurance $100,000 Covid and everything else for both countries, I can get a Covid19 test done in Bangkok.

I can get to Cambodia, it's getting back into Thailand that will be the issue.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Think you will find that non o based on retirement or extension with reentry permit has recently been added to list.

You can obtain your COE along with other requirements and enter Thailand

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Why do you want to apply for a STV is you have a valid extension based upon retirement.

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

If I was to go to say, Cambodia, a low risk country, could I apply for a STV there to get back in or even for a visa for this medical 2 week check up treatment they were talking about?

The embassy website is only showing the new single entry tourist visa. See: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-7962-visa-to-thailand?menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you want to apply for a STV is you have a valid extension based upon retirement.

The embassy website is only showing the new single entry tourist visa. See: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-7962-visa-to-thailand?menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Hi UbonJoe,

Thank you,

Just coming up to speed with this welcome development.

I have retirement extension with multi entry based years ago on an 'O ' VISA, .

Do I just apply in Cambodia at the Thai Embassy for a COE and should I book an ASQ before leaving Thailand?

I have money, insurance and all that stuff. I use the 800K a year method and have quite a bit more than that in my Thai bank. I understand Silk air is now flying to Cambodia from Singapore, so I could hopefully take that route from Bangkok as opposed to South Korea.

Anything else I need to worry about?

Edited by Scouse123

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

UbonJoe,

The website in Phnom Penn is not showing anything about people with retirement extensions being accepted, is it because its a new development and they have not yet updated their website?

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

The website in Phnom Penn is not showing anything about people with retirement extensions being accepted, is it because its a new development and they have not yet updated their website?

They just have not updated their website yet.

It is now shown on the online certificate of entry application. Link: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/image.png.ea0725259e43dc2b805e300e5b5d582b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you will find that non o based on retirement or extension with reentry permit has recently been added to list.

You can obtain your COE along with other requirements and enter Thailand

Well taking you literally it is not yet on the list for the Thai Embassy in London website. Although a couple of people have posted they got a COE from London with Retirement extension and valid re-entry permit. They do include Non-Imm-O based on retirement as a qualifier, but seem to preclude an extension by then saying...If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa.

I do hope they get around to making the situation clear as I expect many in this situation are ready to return.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa.

I see your point. However as we know Thai imm sites and statements in general just about refer to everything as VISA. 

I think what it means is that if your extension has expired. Of course you would also require valid reentry permit.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I see your point. However as we know Thai imm sites and statements in general just about refer to everything as VISA. 

I think what it means is that if your extension has expired. Of course you would also require valid reentry permit.

Typo?.... if your extension has expired so has the re-entry permit.

And a new Visa requires Health Insurance, the 400/40k  one.... wonder if that is needed for those with the Retirement Ext and valid Re-Entry Permit, to get the COE.

Edited by jacko45k

The Thai Embassy in Phnom Penn has just emailed me to say they will update their website on Monday and those on retirement extensions will be permitted entry to Thailand, obviously following all the other criteria as well.

Just need to check now what airlines are flying that route as I do not wish to go via South Korea!

one confusion i've had trying to apply for an STV through the website ( as a non-thai) is,  it says  Stage 1 fill in the form and apply.   step 2 (when application approved) book Asq and flight.

But when you initially try and complete the form, it does not let you press ENTER as 1 of the documents required on the initial step, is to download an ASQ hotel paid confirmation ?

any clues, as it also says if u apply incorrectly, it can take time until you can re-apply. 

3 hours ago, marlene72 said:

one confusion i've had trying to apply for an STV through the website ( as a non-thai) is,  it says  Stage 1 fill in the form and apply.   step 2 (when application approved) book Asq and flight.

Which website are you using to apply for the STV.

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can anyone confirm?

For the new single entry tourist visa 500k baht is required in the bank for 6 months.

It is the last one on this webpage. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For the new single entry tourist visa 500k baht is required in the bank for 6 months.

It is the last one on this webpage. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Thanks. What do you think Joe? They can't keep up this requirement for too long surely? 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks. What do you think Joe? They can't keep up this requirement for too long surely? 

For as long as there are restrictions due to covid 19 it will still be the same. After applications go back to normal it will revert to the old requirements for a single entry tourist visa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For as long as there are restrictions due to covid 19 it will still be the same. After applications go back to normal it will revert to the old requirements for a single entry tourist visa.

But would they relax the restrictions for people travelling from lower risk countries... Malaysia for example? Or do you think it will it be judged on a passport basis, i.e. your nationality. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But would they relax the restrictions for people travelling from lower risk countries... Malaysia for example? Or do you think it will it be judged on a passport basis, i.e. your nationality. 

I think the requirements will remain the same at all embassies and consulates for all nationalities.

The STV can only be applied for at embassies and official consulates that are low risk countries.

Malaysia is not considered a low risk country. Cambodia and Laos are low risk countries.

The embassy in Phnom Penh has the same requirements for the new single entry tourist visa as London.

• Like 1