The week that was in Thailand news: Keeping a watching brief on the political situation

rooster59

Things seem to be calming down a bit ??? ... Interesting Historics Rooster. - Thanks. ... And yes, the Hitting the Wife ... (In her Car which she had driven in front of him I would imagine, in an effort to block him off ? ) ... and then not stopping, as he was with the Mia Noi, ...  who might have found things a bit hot, if he had  ...  ....  Yes a Great one that I also noticed. ... Thanks.

• Haha 1

I really enjoyed the read this week, Rooster. Many thanks. 

Picking up on longevity in broadcasters and golf, I saw that Peter Alliss has been reporting on the Masters for 52 years. That must be some sort of record. Though, it has to be said, he looks and sounds really old. I recognised neither his face nor his voice. 

The current weather in my part of Loei is cool mornings (19°) and warm afternoons (30°). Enjoy your stay in my beloved province. 

Ps. I have stock in CPF ... but well, I do NOT want to ever profit from others Misfortune, ...  like I have No Tobaco Gamboling, Advertising or major packaging companies either ... And mostly Good and useful technology. ... Hospitals and the usual economics .... But it is GOOD to know about CP and their position. Thanks. ... (So what do we do about it ? With a lot more Obvious Villain's around for us to try to Deal with ??? ) ... ???

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Ps. I have stock in CPF ... but well, I do NOT want to ever profit from others Misfortune, ...  like I have No Tobaco Gamboling, Advertising or major packaging companies either ... And mostly Good and useful technology. ... Hospitals and the usual economics .... But it is GOOD to know about CP and their position. Thanks. ... (So what do we do about it ? With a lot more Obvious Villain's around for us to try to Deal with ??? ) ... ???

You should reconsider your investment regarding packaging. Packaging is essential to modern life. How do you feed a city without packaging? How do you move goods from a factory to a customer without packaging? How do you move the components for a TV or Car from the supplier to the assembly line without packaging? How do you distribute medicines and medical equipment without packaging? Even a simple bottle of wine or can of beer is packaging? Should we all stop drinking?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

What a fantastic read, thanks Rooster!

HOW did the commissioners get this approved? Outside of BKK, the commission had seen a report that said CP would have a monopoly of around 90%... The 10 remaining percent being mom/pop stores we assume, as CP owns everything else - Makro, Big C, Lotus, 7/11, Central Plaza's... the list goes on!

Talking about rich families that control Thailand, after the initial 'public outrage' that lasted about 6 weeks, we seem to have forgotten about the red bull heir who is still successfully evading police 'efforts' to find him...

Red Bull heir ? More like:- "

“They seek him here, they seek him there. Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell? That demned elusive Pimpernel”.

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934 film) - Wikipedia

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pj123 said:

You should reconsider your investment regarding packaging. Packaging is essential to modern life. How do you feed a city without packaging? How do you move goods from a factory to a customer without packaging? How do you move the components for a TV or Car from the supplier to the assembly line without packaging? How do you distribute medicines and medical equipment without packaging? Even a simple bottle of wine or can of beer is packaging? Should we all stop drinking?

Yes, you are right, I will moderate it to better Packaging. Thanks. ... In Thailand it is just SCGP Siam Cement Packaging which I think is mostly Paper ? I think ? They have a very big Paper wing, ... still that have chemicals also so maybe it is plastics also ... I only got it as an IPO but did not sell it straight off, (Stag it) .....  as I usually do.

The Packaging hat I dropped with a bit of despise, was in Australia and Cigarettes' was a major part of what they were Packaging. ... Yes Sensible Packaging and also Environmental friendly / Sustainable. ... I will look in to SCGP. - Thanks

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Thanks for the weekly news update with your ability to give us some chuckles

as well.  I do hope that Thailand does change its visa requirements for the better,

and get rid of the 90 day reports on the longer 6 month to one year visas.

If a person has to just phone in their location to a government number

every 90 days , well that is okay, but to have to do a border run or pay someone

a fee during the 90 day check up, that is just greed.  Anyway thanks Rooster

stay safe and healthy.

Geezer

I'm going to immigration for the 3rd time tomorrow to renew my retirement visa first time they didn't like my bank statement took 3 days to get a new one second time they wanted new pictures of me in mine and my wife's house same house only thing that changed was I'm a year older and copies of my passport that they already have in the stack of papers they have on me my visa expired Saturday but the lady (and I use that term loosely) said as long as I do it tomorrow I won't be fined for overstay 

Still hope a full consideration around scam COVID real story affairs, then it will be finish with freedom obstructions and families miss consideration.

We, little and honorable honest people, can only be protected by the law, when the law stay clean, far from lobbyist story.

Shock dii

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Red Bull heir ? More like:- "

“They seek him here, they seek him there. Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell? That demned elusive Pimpernel”.

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934 film) - Wikipedia

what the relation with French citizen there does it means ? i don't know this citation origin.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Most posters on Thaivisa were aghast...

unfortunately a large number of posters on Thai Visa are perpetually aghast. It could be genetic or possibly attributable to childhood trauma.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

What a fantastic read, thanks Rooster!

HOW did the commissioners get this approved? Outside of BKK, the commission had seen a report that said CP would have a monopoly of around 90%... The 10 remaining percent being mom/pop stores we assume, as CP owns everything else - Makro, Big C, Lotus, 7/11, Central Plaza's... the list goes on!

Talking about rich families that control Thailand, after the initial 'public outrage' that lasted about 6 weeks, we seem to have forgotten about the red bull heir who is still successfully evading police 'efforts' to find him...

Keeping a watching brief on political developments, using this forum, would be somewhat more possible if events (such as using water canon on peaceful protesters) were actually reported.

TVF's inscrutable silence in such matters, which are being reported elsewhere within and outside the country is making it look rather silly.