Translation of Affirmation to Marry at Chang Wattana

LuckyLucas

Hello All

Ive got an appointment to get my affirmation to marry from the U.K. Consulate this Thursday 19th which is a holiday of some sort I believe.

I have been told I can get the translation done opposite Chang Wattana (the big pyramid building, right) and don't need to go in to the building itself as the translation firm can arrange for the translation to be stamped and posted to my home (in chonburi)

1. Is this true?

2. Are the translation offices open this Thursday?

3. How much does the service cost about?

many thanks to any wh can shed light and regards to all on here

LL

I went inside the MFA, up the stairs and in front of you are a couple of agents. I went to the left window and they did all the translating of the Affirmation and the copy of the passport, do not forget this copying has to be done at the Embassy, presented for stamping and sent back to my home address EMS. If I remember correctly this cost about 2100 THB.

The Thursday 19th is now a public holiday and so the MFA will be closed.   

When I done my affirmation to marry from the U.K. Consulate---I was surrounded by touts as soon as I walked outside. The translators are all quite near, and yes they posted it and married at Chonburi.

This is just an affirmation = a Statement, The consulate saying they witnessed you signing a statement----their not verifying the statement is true--just that they saw you sign it.  So I chose not to put all details in about being married/Divorced before, as did most of the people I knew at the time.

The price that worrab quoted was what I paid over 20 years ago....so some things are still value.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, worrab said:

I went inside the MFA, up the stairs and in front of you are a couple of agents. I went to the left window and they did all the translating of the Affirmation and the copy of the passport, do not forget this copying has to be done at the Embassy, presented for stamping and sent back to my home address EMS. If I remember correctly this cost about 2100 THB.

The Thursday 19th is now a public holiday and so the MFA will be closed.   

The MFA has its own translation service at one of the desks.... No need for agents or whatsoever.....Gets at the same time legalized...