How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Russians, Japanese and Koreans have their own bars.

Indians, plenty of them around in bars.

Laos 'tourists' are found working in the bars.

Plenty of Americans in bars.

The Russian will not be back for some time. 

Yes, there are some Japanese and Koreans. 

The Indians go for freelancers and do not come from a drinking culture. 

I agree the Lao numbers are workers, not tourists, so no spend from them. 

Sure, some Americans in the bars, but at 1.2 million, they only make up 3% of the total. 

So, where are all the big numbers going to come from for the bars, clubs and gogo's here? 

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

The Russian will not be back for some time. 

Yes, there are some Japanese and Koreans. 

The Indians go for freelancers and do not come from a drinking culture. 

I agree the Lao numbers are workers, not tourists, so no spend from them. 

Sure, some Americans in the bars, but at 1.2 million, they only make up 3% of the total. 

So, where are all the big numbers going to come from for the bars, clubs and gogo's here? 

You really missed a nice weekend in Pattaya,  even to me Beach Road was an eye opener this afternoon. It's pretty obvious who has and where the money is being spent. 

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

You really missed a nice weekend in Pattaya,  even to me Beach Road was an eye opener this afternoon. It's pretty obvious who has and where the money is being spent. 

Yes the beach and beach road were jammed with Thais and their vehicles. But they are not going into any Western  bars whatsoever   regarding  Leavers question: Where are the numbers for bars going to come from?  That you are replying to. Of course to each their own, but I don't see any thing nice about the beach jammed with Thais and traffic. Anyway I guess it's mission accomplished for city hall: Removing all the seating on what was left of the promenade as well as beach side parking for the pickup crowd. Not very inviting for Western visitors who are the demographic that the bars and go go's rely on.

Edited by morrobay

16 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Yes the beach and beach road were jammed with Thais and their vehicles. But they are not going into any bars whatsoever 

Well they are, but they like the nightclubs and pubs in the evenings, and often into the early hours. They don't like the falang scene with the tatty beer bars or overpriced girlie neon scenery. I think people here are focusing on the  places that target the traditional Western tourists, which are empty.....  the numbers are not yet here to support that.... but a lot of vehicles were parked on the new market area on 3rd Rd, top of Pothole/Chaiyaphum,  Klang looked more like a car park too. Thais are supporting Pattaya..... 

Such a pity most of town is full of construction holes in the roads, and pavements looking like a Ukrainian walkway... two wasted years to tidy the place up!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well they are, but they like the nightclubs and pubs in the evenings, and often into the early hours. They don't like the falang scene with the tatty beer bars or overpriced girlie neon scenery. I think people here are focusing on the  places that target the traditional Western tourists, which are empty.....  the numbers are not yet here to support that.... but a lot of vehicles were parked on the new market area on 3rd Rd, top of Pothole/Chaiyaphum,  Klang looked more like a car park too. Thais are supporting Pattaya..... 

Such a pity most of town is full of construction holes in the roads, and pavements looking like a Ukrainian walkway... two wasted years to tidy the place up!

A slight excuse with Klang walkways due to legal dispute going on, could take years who knows. Walking St no good excuse they just chose not to fix the road

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

A slight excuse with Klang walkways due to legal dispute going on, could take years who knows. Walking St no good excuse they just chose not to fix the road

I strolled around a good bit yesterday, quite a few other roads with cables going in, to the North of town.....on 2nd Rd. Third Rd has a big construction area as does North Rd....

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Where would the city get money to get a lot of work done? 

It appears they got a lot of money to get a lot of jobs started....  then it dried up!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It appears they got a lot of money to get a lot of jobs started....  then it dried up!

Exactly. It's a good bet they did not envision the debacle covid turned into, or that it would take years to reopen?  

On 5/2/2022 at 6:01 AM, morrobay said:

Yes the beach and beach road were jammed with Thais and their vehicles. But they are not going into any Western  bars whatsoever   regarding  Leavers question: Where are the numbers for bars going to come from?  That you are replying to. Of course to each their own, but I don't see any thing nice about the beach jammed with Thais and traffic. Anyway I guess it's mission accomplished for city hall: Removing all the seating on what was left of the promenade as well as beach side parking for the pickup crowd. Not very inviting for Western visitors who are the demographic that the bars and go go's rely on.

By Western bars if you are talking the little strip of beer bars next to the Police Station I wouldn't blame any nationality, Thais or otherwise for not frequenting them. Motley Crew doesn't come close to describing the allure of the serving dragons in that complex or the general attractiveness of it, but there seemed the usual numbers along the front.

Pretty sure Hopf is popular with the Thai wealthier crowd, and surprisingly to me Hooters frontage was busy enough with non-Westerners, but they could have been Singaporean, Japanese, Thais or any other Asians with money. Not sure about Gullivers these days but used to be a mixed clientele when I visited it.

I expect come high season the Western tourists markets will be back in sufficient numbers to keep the better venues that target them ticking along. As per normal businesses will fold if they are unsuccessful and new ones will try their luck, as has always been the case in Pattaya.

15 hours ago, morrobay said:

I'm referring to the classic go go bars like the ones on the Pattalands 1 & 2 : Rodeo Girls, Classroom , Misty's IMG20220503162203.thumb.jpg.139002af2891d44c9783ccf47af33830.jpg

I think their historic and potential customer base are more likely to be found in the LK Metro, Soi Buakhow, Treetown area these days. I wonder how many on a night out would you seriously consider Pattayaland over the choice and variety of venues in that area. Times have moved on, and most will go where the action is. Relics of the past I'm afraid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

I know. I guess the message is I don't care for that bukow/metro environment at all.Never been there.The past beach promenade and the Pattalands are long gone. And  I'm not looking for a secondary replacement. I have enough girls on the Line.

I always liked the 'romance' of the bars, the flirting, teasing and touching.

Line is all about arrange to meet in a ST hotel and get straight to it.

But I can get that from the woman I live with, no need for extra cost.

ZERO interest in gogos, although I'd go with my pals..

• Like 2

Maybe for some but I get regulars from online/ LINE. I liked going to go go's just for entertainment as long as the music is good. Like super baby and supergirls on Soi Diamond. But when this whining half fast half slow slop the girls cannot even dance to started ,plus the cigarette smoke I gave up on them. 

Edited by morrobay

On 5/4/2022 at 6:02 AM, BritManToo said:

Line is all about arrange to meet in a ST hotel and get straight to it.

LINE is all about whatever you want it to be, same with other apps. 

I always tell the girl to meet me in a bar of my chosing.    Sometimes, I haven't got back to my place with them until the early hours, such was the fun company.  Drinks, dinner, dancing.  No problem. 

ST or LT, and anything in between, is usually no problem, in my experience. 

On 5/3/2022 at 7:39 PM, morrobay said:

IMG20220504092637.thumb.jpg.d2a77d2634bbdfa712df86a037849d31.jpgIMG20220504092814.thumb.jpg.407dbc9994c2950e0f4e2d3bf87e23fd.jpgIMG20220504092844.thumb.jpg.0035b1fa0d4e94bfcadbbc003557560e.jpg

Relics of a more civilized past ????. It's a younger, louder, cheaper crowd these days. Tree Town with beer in a plastic cup and dinner at Cheap Charlie's.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1

IMG20220504092844.thumb.jpg.e164c807cb23e8512eaaaf793bf10e2f.jpgIMG_20220513_111638.thumb.jpg.d5ff41aaf5a1f56db14db5a0d109c0d2.jpgIMG_20220513_111644.thumb.jpg.424ebaf80abfc0fd97b8b9215fa56123.jpg

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Relics of a more civilized past ????. It's a younger, louder, cheaper crowd these days. Tree Town with beer in a plastic cup and dinner at Cheap Charlie's.

And then there was the deliberate destruction of the promenade by city hall. They and their "influencers'' could not have that nice scene along the beach where foreigners enjoyed meeting the local women. Take a look at before and the sh*tshow now.IMG20220504092844.thumb.jpg.e164c807cb23e8512eaaaf793bf10e2f.jpg

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:57 PM, JimTripper said:

The younger and more tech savvy crowd will not be buying lady drinks and paying bar fines. 

Bars still catering to that out of date business model will struggle in the future.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

The younger and more tech savvy crowd will not be buying lady drinks and paying bar fines. 

I've entertained any number of "tech-savvy" kids that have visited the plant and they seemed to really enjoy buying lady-drinks and paying bar-fines. Of course they were young working guys with decent incomes, not skint retirees trying get get the absolute most bang-for-the-buck out of every encounter. 

Getting a woman online is like getting shoes online, if you don't care much about what you're getting, or if your getting the same ones all the time, it's fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I've entertained any number of "tech-savvy" kids that have visited the plant and they seemed to really enjoy buying lady-drinks and paying bar-fines. Of course they were young working guys with decent incomes, not skint retirees trying get get the absolute most bang-for-the-buck out of every encounter. 

Getting a woman online is like getting shoes online, if you don't care much about what you're getting, or if your getting the same ones all the time, it's fine.

Time will tell, but for sure, online will have an impact on bar profits in the future.

I disagree that meeting a girl online is for people who don't care about what they are getting, or it's for skint expats / tourists. 

The guy can message, request photos, then video call, then meet in a bar for drink.  Well, that's the way I do it.  I have had some great nights out, and in, with girls I have met online. 

A lot of the attractive girls have moved online.  If that trend continues, even your young cashed up tech savvy guys will be moving online for better looking girls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Time will tell, but for sure, online will have an impact on bar profits in the future.

I imagine they already have, much like Amazon has cut into the sales at shoe stores. 

I disagree that meeting a girl online is for people who don't care about what they are getting, or it's for skint expats / tourists. 

I don't doubt you disagree.

The guy can message, request photos, then video call, then meet in a bar for drink.  Well, that's the way I do it.  I have had some great nights out, and in, with girls I have met online. 

Sounds great a long as you have a lot more time than money, but yes, by all means let's do all that from our hotel room in the nine hours we have before we have to be back at the plant in the morning.

A lot of the attractive girls have moved online.  If that trend continues, even your young cashed up tech savvy guys will be moving online for better looking girls. 

What is attractive about a woman that is prostituting herself online? 

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

imagine they already have

Yes, they have, and it will continue to gain in popularity. 

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I don't doubt you disagree.

It's obvious you have no experience meeting girls online, and that's fine, but why criticize something you have no experience in?  

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Sounds great a long as you have a lot more time than money,

The money is the same, and as for time, how much time does it take going from bar to bar before you see a girl that you find attractive?

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

by all means let's do all that from our hotel room

I do it from a quiet bar near my place, over a drink.  Soon after, the girl arrives, I buy her a drink, and we take it from there.

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Everything.  ????  

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's obvious you have no experience meeting girls online, and that's fine, but why criticize something you have no experience in?

You have no experience in any type of hospitality or other business but still criticise on here endlessly.  Why is that?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Probably the same attributes as when she was shaking her stuff on a small stage!

10 hours ago, treetops said:

You have no experience in any type of hospitality or other business but still criticise on here endlessly.  Why is that?

Because he is nothing but a  know it all and always has to have the last word. Thats why i call him google.

11 hours ago, treetops said:

Because in his mind he is a bar guru that would make all bar owners billionaires if they were only as smart as him

oh, and now he's so proud he can pick up a hooker on Line app and save 800 baht bar fine and thinks that makes him 'young and Tech savvy' 

He probably also believes them when they call him handsum sexy man lol

Edited by aussiexpat