Police spokesman denies Thai borders are porous - those who sneaked in to face serious charges

webfact

14 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Didn't Anutin say that everyone who had crossed the border should present for tests and quarantine.

Now the Police General (who has failed to control the borders) is telling them that they all will face charges.

Left and right hands...

I don’t think I’ve seen one instance of the other knowing what the other is doing , their is no team work in govt , they are all mouthpiece and boss 

• Like 2

"They face 2,000 baht fines for contravening immigration requirements. But face much more serious sanction for breaking emergency decree laws and Covid specific health requirements. 

These are 2 years jail and up to 40,000 baht and 1 year jail and up to 100,000 baht fine respectively for the two more serious charges."

Thats laughable when you see FB videos posted of WS establishments ie. Pin-Up and Insomnia, the majority of bars and GC's where no social distancing or mask wearing is to be seen, apart from some staff members 
  • Like 1

After a long time i had to sign in. What a joke statement of Rtp. Had a good laugh. I witnessed opositee this statement. The border patrol guy was sleeping and if there was 100 people passing him he would not know. To be safe i woke him, ask if i can have walk, said no problem and thats it. The other, legal crossing  not far away you just walk to Myanmar buy booze and walk back. No passport or document chack. Nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A Royal Thai Police (RTP) spokesman speaking on behalf of immigration denied that Thailand's borders were porous

Oh really!!! This is a photo of the typical border country between Burma and Thailand in the Mae Sai/Doi Tung area:-

Mountain colors of Thai-Burma border, a photo from Kanchanaburi, Central |  TrekEarth

• Like 1

I did a border run in Mai Sot a couple years ago. When I was walking across the bridge to get my stamps on the Myanmar side I looked down and  watched men with rafts taking passengers across the river . If the border patrol just went 50 meters from their air conditioned booths, they would have seen the same thing. Also on the same trip my sister in laws X husband was diving. He is the owner of a large shirt manufacturing factory in Mai Sot. He also has passenger vans that he says are for tourists.  We stopped at one of the check points going back to Tak. He had a longer conversation with what looked like the big boss there. I asked my girlfriend at the time what was the problem. She told me to be quite.  Later she said they were talking about the cost of children (brown envelope money)coming with their parents illegaly in his vans. So what I saw was even at the border crossing there is a constant flow of illegal entries.  

Edited by BTB1977
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

I did a border run in Mai Sot a couple years ago. When I was walking across the bridge to get my stamps on the Myanmar side I looked down and  watched men with rafts taking passengers across the river . If the border patrol just went 50 meters from their air conditioned booths, they would have seen the same thing. Also on the same trip my sister in laws X husband was diving. He is the owner of a large shirt manufacturing factory in Mai Sot. He also has passenger vans that he says are for tourists.  We stopped at one of the check points going back to Tak. He had a longer conversation with what looked like the big boss there. I asked my girlfriend at the time what was the problem. She told me to be quite.  Later she said they were talking about the cost of children (brown envelope money)coming with their parents illegaly in his vans. So what I saw was even at the border crossing there is a constant flow of illegal entries.  

Same here between Thailand and Malaysia, wide open. Common knowledge. When i was in down south with the GF she went across several times. So did anyone that wanted to go.