Time to move on, maybe?

4 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

right now its dead like anywhere else but pre-covid,  Manila was fun

I'd think Angeles City or Subic Area a bit cheaper and layed back. For a newbie I think Manilla would be high stress.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SailingHome said:

I do not have the bank balance to extend the current marriage visa nor get a retirement visa.

If you haven't got the funds for that than you won't have any funds to move Anywhere.

Only option is an Agent and maybe next year you may have the funds for a Marriage extension  THB 400 K that's only Half of the retirement extension .

That's If you're still married than.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SailingHome said:

Well, 10 years in Thailand, turning 50 this month

So you came here at 39-40 with what you thought was enough funds to last you for 27--29 years before the reduced pension kicked in....but they only lasted 10

Have you thought about a "Go-Fund" me page? ....there are some very creative people on here that could help you set it up..... maybe along the lines of Can you help--.."All my money went on Sin-Sot" or.....no one told me not to build a house on Papa's land.....etc

Anyway you must have had some fun at that age---- so you have got the memories, and whatever steps you now take--- you gave it a shot , so Good luck in the future.

Try to stay here until the weather is warmer back home

• Like 2

I should be more specific. From USA and have a good disability pension. I live very well on it in Thailand, and spent a year in Phils in Tangub and Cebu. 

Normally, extending my marriage visa is no issue, but without 400k in the bank and the missing direct deposits due to bank errors, I can not renew nor convert to retirement.

USA is not quality living for me.

Please PM or post if you know an agent. 

Not possible to come to the Philippines at the moment. Only if you are married to a Pinay AND the wife must travel with you. Husbands not allowed to come to visit wife. Covid-19 test at the airport. 2 days quarantine in a pre booked hotel. If result negative, free to go, otherwise another 14 days quarantine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The O.P. wants to bring his Thai wife along, or not?

Depending on the size of his pension there are probably multiple decent options in Latin America, but not sure how a Thai wife could be included with that.

In general, whether it's wise for them or not, Latin America is opening up a lot faster than Asia.

• Like 1