Trump and 17 states back Texas bid to undo his election loss at Supreme Court

webfact

9 minutes ago, mr mr said:

now you're a bore. what are you even talking about ? i said that 7 million votes more is a large number. as the world changes so should your mind. 

keep onto your left vs right sunshine i don't play. personally i would rather see a scientific totalitarian system put into place. 

Nice try you also said the number shouldn't be ignored. Then you claim elections don't matter anyway. Which is actually an argument in favor of that number being ignored. And now you try to turn it into a left right thing. 

But thanks for calling me sunshine. I guess you're acknowledging that I did shine a light on the contradictions in your statements.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mr mr said:

my stance in 2016 was the same. rich people getting into power and controlling poor people. same old same old. 

politics is a bore really.

Agree. Up till Trump it was just the same people taking turns, IMO, and the ordinary folks always got screwed by the rich, IMO. No wonder the populace revolted and elected Trump, IMO. Love or hate Trump he made politics interesting.

Seeing as it's, IMO, going back to business as usual in American government, it'll be interesting to see if the populace revolts again in 2024.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. Up till Trump it was just the same people taking turns, IMO, and the ordinary folks always got screwed by the rich, IMO. No wonder the populace revolted and elected Trump, IMO. Love or hate Trump he made politics interesting.

Seeing as it's, IMO, going back to business as usual in American government, it'll be interesting to see if the populace revolts again in 2024.

Why do you think you are agreeing with what Mr Mr wrote. He said it didn't matter who got elected. 

4 minutes ago, mr mr said:

let me make my stance perfectly clear so as to avoid any further assumptions. i believe our species is totally lost.

I have no disagreement with your last sentence. However, I think it's too late to reverse. Look at the way China is using technology to control their population. IMO the western way of life is doomed, but most can't see it, and think electing that guy or that woman is going to make a difference. Far as I'm concerned, it makes no difference whether Trump or Biden run the US- the result will be the same.

Only difference is that Trump made politics interesting for a while, IMO.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only thing that can make it worse for him now, IMO, is if the senate stays GOP.

I think he has been working on it to prevent it to happen.

Trump campaigns for Georgia’s Republican senators ― but will that help or hurt?

https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2020/12/05/trump-campaigns-for-georgias-republican-senators-but-will-that-help-or-hurt/1929153

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Safe harbor day is well passed and all except one states have certified Biden won. The path to his inauguration is well casted and Trump will exit hopefully with dignity and decorum. Resistant and denial is futile except for the purpose of milking his gullible supporters. 

you must be kidding!  dignity and decorum?

i've read (anonymous sources) he's planning on holding a rally to kick off the 2024 campaign DURING the inauguration.

Trump reportedly wants to hold a 2024 campaign event during Biden's inauguration

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-reportedly-wants-to-hold-a-2024-campaign-event-during-bidens-inauguration/ar-BB1brMYZ

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Perhaps, some, like me, see it as an attempt to disrupt and derail the electoral college process. If, somehow, Trump can get it to a "one state, one vote" in Congress then he will retain the Presidency.

I don't know how he can do it, I suspect that he doesn't either, but like a 4 year old who has managed to climb into the cab of a railway locomotive he is pressing every button he can to see what happens!

Over 70 million Americans certainly hope Trump does derail the E C process, and gets his second term.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Great, thats what i asked for.

You do understand this isnt a case per se. this is an application for the court to allow them to file a case.

So do tell, why does texas have standing to warrant filing a case against other states.

Their case as I understand it is that the way the election was run in certain states caused harm to Texas by the outcome. 17 other states agree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Their case as I understand it is that the way the election was run in certain states caused harm to Texas by the outcome. 17 other states agree.

So the argument is that a state has no constitutional right to determine how it runs its election, and you think thats a strong case.

Btw, 17 other states do not agree, 17 people from those states agree.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

you must be kidding!  dignity and decorum?

i've read (anonymous sources) he's planning on holding a rally to kick off the 2024 campaign DURING the inauguration.

Trump reportedly wants to hold a 2024 campaign event during Biden's inauguration

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-reportedly-wants-to-hold-a-2024-campaign-event-during-bidens-inauguration/ar-BB1brMYZ

I'd love to see that. The ultimate put down to Biden.

Given that Biden will probably hold a social distancing event and Trump won't, Trump will have a bigger turn out, IMO.

????

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Turns out this is just a case of sour grapes. The issues being raised have already been dismissed at lower courts. It's like being put on double secret probation. It didn't work before so you try doing the same thing in a different court. "Mom said no so let's try dad."

• Like 2