Why hold on to the old Pattaya nightlife scene when the new emerging one looks so good?

webfact

Why hold on to the old Pattaya nightlife scene when the new emerging one looks so good?

LogoX2-1.png

Whenever I post anything in any way connected with the Pattaya nightlife scene – such as Walking Street – there is a polarisation of opinions. The same goes for when writing about how Pattaya may re-emerge after the International borders reopen, some say it will return to normal and others say it will be different.

For most parts, no one is sure of the future landscape in Pattaya, but for some things there are glimpses of the signs.

My first memories of the Pattaya nightlife scene were open beer bars throughout the town and agogos in Walking Street. It was, for want of a better phrase, an older gentleman playground. You would rarely see couples or families, it was space catering for men. I am not going to pretend anything otherwise.

And, I must admit, as a single guy I loved it.

But as the years progressed the scene had to change and it did. Pattaya saw more families and couples arrive and the traditional open beer bar has slowly been disappearing. As it stands Soi LK and Walking Street are the key party areas for foreigners still enjoying that chrome pole type experience.

I am no killjoy but the market is still evolving in Pattaya and this scene was already being hit for years from falling numbers and Covid then drew a halt to everything.  The question is how will the Pattaya nightlife scene re-emerge?

It would be a fair assertion that when the town does re-open we will see a surge in visitors hungry and missing their Pattaya vacations – and nightlife. Who can blame anyone after a year that made many housebound for large periods across the world?

But, things are changing in Pattaya and to many, it is going unnoticed.

We are seeing the quality, Bangkok style venues open that fundamentally cater to the Bangkok Thai but for sure will start turning the Western heads. I have been quite amazed and excited at what I am seeing.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2020/12/07/why-hold-on-to-the-old-pattaya-nightlife-scene-when-the-new-emerging-one-looks-so-good/

LogoX2-1.png

• Confused 5
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 2

The old Pattaya is gone.  There will y a new Pattaya that will still have the bars but I think walking street as it is known is dead.  For the foreseeable future Thai families and young people are where the money is and walking street offers them nothing

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

Nonsence, Pattaya is not finished !! there are still thousands of punters out there that  are busting their ring gear to get back and  have a pocket full of $$$ to spend.All the bar and club owners and new investors will be ready to go with new and better establishments.There is just too much money to be made when the gates open.Thats what I reckon anyhow.been going to thailand /pattaya since 1988.

Believe me it will be next year maybe they can start open the borders as normal again, and that is one year until happens. Many new investors have entered by then, and maybe they will have new ideas how Pattaya will look like. At least they had time to think where to go next. 

• Like 1

The old Pattaya was receding at the turn of the Century as the internet took off and was finally completely mullered as Smartphones were introduced into Thailand in 2011

Just grateful that I had a good 10 years before the turn of the Century

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 12:23 AM, noise said:

How long will it be before those men will once again be in a financial position to tell themselves "I will take my 2 week vacation and a 2 week's, a month's pay, and go to Pattaya?"

Remember the age old expression :

' Lust will find a way '

Hmmmm.....or is that love ?  Can't remember.  Well, what's the diff ? In the end , they both end up with naked , quivering flesh .............  cosplay not withstanding.

26 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Pattaya will be back.  It will be different.  There will be different groups that will want different attractions and Pattaya being Pattaya will find a way to accommodate the new, the old, and changing demographics that visit.

Sure Pattaya will be different ,but with all its faults its still not a bad place including Jomtiem. Youve got open air bars on or near the ocean  and clean fresh sea air..providing the Chinese tour buses dont return. Compere this to the philipines where the main holiday places might have similar activities but are  very different .For example Angeles where most of the bars are enclosed and the city is filthy dirty and I would say not as safe to walk around as Pattaya and you annoyed by beggars everywhere you go , also there is nothing to do in the day there unlike Pattaya where you can sit in a beachside bar and have lunch.This is why Pattaya will always survive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I might have been interested in Pattaya ten years ago, but not now. IMO there would be a lot of older retirees here that could not give a toss either.

Even if they all looked like this, which they probably don't.

thaihoneys.jpg

If they all looked like that i think news will be spreading like wildfire and hordes of tourist(men and boys) will come even if the baht was 1 on 1 with the dollar ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wavodavo said:

Nonsence, Pattaya is not finished !! there are still thousands of punters out there that  are busting their ring gear to get back and  have a pocket full of $$$ to spend.All the bar and club owners and new investors will be ready to go with new and better establishments.There is just too much money to be made when the gates open.Thats what I reckon anyhow.been going to thailand /pattaya since 1988.

and who is going to be spending all that money? The only chance for Pattaya to get back to anything like the way it was is if a real government takes office, and I do not see that happening anytime soon. If the present unelected "PM" leaves office for any reason, there will probably be another soldier ready to take his place.

Thailand, not just Pattaya, was losing lots of tourists mainly because of the soldier "governments" ridiculous visa policies way before the pandemic came.

Edited by possum1931

6 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

This guy is absolutely delusional.  ???? There will never be sustainable Thai tourism in Pattaya and none of the businesses would want to pursue such nonsense. What a laugh ????????????

Well tell me what the are all the bar/ go go owners owners gonna do with their properties.???  Maybe turn them into coffee shops for all the new style of smashed advocada eating  /  Soy Latte sipping / tourists that will come in droves ?

Ok, so Pattaya will lose some business but England and Germany still cold in winter and plenty of old farts have money to burn. Big deal.

Direct flights to Angeles city are waiting and peso has no chance to compete with any currency.

And, most important, internet everywhere helping waste money.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, wavodavo said:

Sure Pattaya will be different ,but with all its faults its still not a bad place including Jomtiem. Youve got open air bars on or near the ocean  and clean fresh sea air..

I don't know about that.  The air in Pattaya & Jomtien is still quite polluted and I'm one who likes the open air bars in both places!