Pattaya: "Drunk" Brit's night out - faces DUI and fleeing accident scene charges

webfact

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Not at all, I can get <deleted> with the best of them, I just don't drink and drive. Come to think of it, Im drinking wine right now, but the car and the motorbikes are in the car port,  all tucked up for the night. 

Dont drink and ride. But drink and drive you will still have better skills on the road than most thais.

Why should foreigners get a larger sentence than locals. One law for all and all that.

Feeling the love! So many upstanding foreigners and expats on here and some really stupid ones too because if I had damaged a motorbike taxi at a rank I would have got out of dodge fast as I could.  IF he was drunk and he looks ok so it's an accusation at the moment, then he is an idiot but running he did the right thing or he could have been another farang near death or dead in hospital and a 500baht fine for the leader of the 14 thai men who put him there. A story often told in thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He is now facing charges of DUI and fleeing the scene of an accident. 

wait, what?  charges? 

jinkies!  i thought dui and fleeing the scene were national sports, with amulets awarded to those that come up with the most amusing excuses.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

idiot

it would help the local public transport if people used it instead of going on drinking binge and driving

the police should be setting up random road stops from 12 - 5am to catch and charge them - the only way to stop it

many here won't like my comments and I know why

"many here won't like my comments and I know why", wow you know what people are thinking??

The problem is, as you must well know, the 'random road stops' are abused by the police to obtain bribes. So the police get the cash illegally and let the driver go! Doesn't sound like a good idea?

Don't get me wrong its stupid to drink and drive, but until the police stop being corrupt and lazy and do their job properly, nothing will change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patts said:

And you're the one making excuses for drink driving, stereotyping the military and think people who DUI shouldn't receive hash punishments because it could affect their life; never mind the injuries, death and damage they cause to other peoples life's! 

This guys deserves a big fine and ban from Thailand.  

The man has been summoned. LOL.

NICE.JPG

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't excuse him nor his bad behaviour, you are right this moron has no excuses.

However maybe be it's not usefull to punish his thai wife and maybe his child too

privating both from their husband\father and mybe the only income source

they are not responsible for the fact he is an idiot

I get what your saying, but if someone is put in jail the family is punished too. Why should this be any different. I have actually heard of cases where immigration deported ppl after a DUI. But was a bit more serious then this with people getting hurt. 

Personally i think that everyone that uses alcohol or other drugs and then operates a vehicle should get punished roughly. Its so selfish to put others in danger for ones own pleasure. 

But this is the same like people in our home country wanting (foreign)thieves to be deported too. We don't do that with our own thieves either so its not that crazy a thing to ask or think.

Only now it is one of our own maybe that is why some are so lenient. 

*just read that in the US it could mean deportation*  So its not just Thailand with extra punishment for non locals.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Muzzique said:

He should have thought about the consequences before driving a lethal chuck of metal around risking killing someone else's wife, father, mother sister, brother or child.

Luckily he just hit another chunk of metal and not a person. Could just as easily lost control and mowed into a group of people.

Then like a coward he ran away. Shame on him.

Driving while drunk is a despicable criminal act and kills far more people than COVID ever could.

Throw him out and he misses his family he can take them with him.

I say revoke his visa for life and anyone else who thinks DUI is not so serious.

Before he goes have him meet a family who lost someone to a drunk. Then let them show him the effect it has had on them and how their lives have been destroyed. 

I totally agree with the first part of your post

however imo you are wrong with the punishment

if you throw him out of thailand and revoke his visa for life

you punish at least 1 innocent people (His thai wife) and maybe another (If they have a child)

maybe he is the only source of income for the family.

if you think this irresponsible idiot is going to be impacted by this, you are wrong

he will just still act with this bad behaviour in his country of origin, or somewhere else

forgetting quickly his wife and child. It's what the irresponsibles do.

It should l be more usefull to hit him where it's hurt (The wallet) with a big fine then

something to try to make him back on the ground (Hence the hospital stage, or even

a therapy if he has an alcool problem)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

idiot

it would help the local public transport if people used it instead of going on drinking binge and driving

the police should be setting up random road stops from 12 - 5am to catch and charge them - the only way to stop it

many here won't like my comments and I know why

I am not one of the people not liking your comment but i think 5am is a bit early to stop doing the random roadstops . For me they can do them whole day everyday , there are a lot of daydrinkers as well . And i would say everybody that drinks take public transport but TIT so even the drivers of public transport should be stopped and checked as a lot of them drink and drive as well .

No sympathy for this dickwad, if I drink my Mrs drives, she doesn't drink but I do muchly, taxis are so much cheaper than the pile of 5h!t this geezer just brought down on himself, Jodrell banker, serves him right, and I'm a Brit, absolutely no sympathy for this lowlife.

• Like 2

Every single guy who pops in for a few at a local on his MB or car is guilty of driving drunk. If this idiot had stayed on scene he could have handled it without the cops.

I went to my local yesterday afternoon on my big bike, had 3 beers and went home. Technically I was guilty as was the other half dozen farang.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Sad 1

For every 1000 times the exact same thing happens in Thailand with a drunk Thai, find the one time it happens with a Farang and plaster it all over the media, because everyone knows - foreigners are bad!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zaZa9 said:
7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would this be the first time ever someone in Thailand is charged with fleeing the scene of an accident ?

'Fleeing the scene',  is so common here I  always assumed it mustn't have been against the Law...

I always understood the law to be that someone involved in an accident has 24 hours to report at a police station. 

I really don’t know what the law is on this though. I do know this is the first time I’ve ever read that someone is being charged with fleeing the scene. 

It would be interesting to know the actual law on this.