Dozens of developers to join visa-for-property scheme: TPC

snoop1130

It would have been a good idea to run a survey and see how many foreigners are in Thailand over all, how many own a property and what kind of property before they all jump on the greedy wagon to flog properties to foreignness...

• Like 1

Attract foreigners by investing in Thailand in exchange for a temporary 5-year visa? It is more like a 5 year lease and cannot reassure investors.

I think a genuine easy-to-obtain resident visa would be much more effective. And not only for the new people willing to settle in Thailand...

People seem to be confused about how a property developer can offer a visa. Surely they can just pay for an Elite visa for their customers? They have a condo worth 10 million or more and then just whack an extra 500,000 to the price and pretend it comes with a free Elite visa. I don't know how it would work with residency but buying their customers an Elite visa doesn't require them to work for immigration.

Having said that, it's mental and I have no idea who would go for it. Not that anyone can right now anyway.

37 minutes ago, Raphus said:

Thailand still doesn’t understand that 80% of the worlds population are stuck in their countries and saving money due to global uncertainty.. 

maybe when Thailand finally wakes up it will have already collapsed as an economy!

Oh no, can't be true, my friend told me all farang are super rich, no limit to their money and their governments are rich and give every citizen, regardless of age, working or not working a big salary every month.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think something is lost in translation.

10 million properties?

And 30 property companies involved?

So, each company would average around 330,000 units?

The Base alone in Pattaya is 1,000 units.  So, 330,000 of those times 10?

And, there will be 10 million condos available with a price of 10 million b?

Maybe I am missing something, but none of it makes any sense.

10 million Baht properties, not 10 million properties however, I am sure you knew that. ????

11 minutes ago, mar zarych said:

Why would anyone in his right mind spend $333,000.00 USD for the right to a visa that in easily and cheaply obtainable in any number of other ways ? Do not forget to add in the interest and HOA fees, property tax etc. 

Also, if one buys into a new and largely unsold project and it remains that way, there will be less HOA fees paid each year (Common Areas Fees for cleaning, maintenance, insurance, repair and service etc). After a few years your investment will start to look shabby - I know as a friend rents (at a now bargain price) in one of these places. His is a highend project in Bangkok and they still have a large percentage of unsold units. Still the sales office won't discount by much. The place shows neglect after just 3 years since completion. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, welshguy said:

Hmnn.

I wonder when the stampede to buy these 10 million?, condos./long term visas will start?!

When the stampede starts for the golf quarantine! Oh no all the golf clubs that were interested have pulled out due to not being able to make any profit 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, bkk6060 said:

10 million properties?

this is what you are missing ".... in exchange for investing at least Bt10 million in property"

On 12/21/2020 at 6:24 PM, welshguy said:

Hmnn.

I wonder when the stampede to buy these 10 million?, condos./long term visas will start?!

I have read this and the original article. Nowhere can I see 10 million properties, just property to the value of Bt10m.

It is asking far too much for far to little anyway, the usual Thai style "deal".

21 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I have read this and the original article. Nowhere can I see 10 million properties, just property to the value of Bt10m.

It is asking far too much for far to little anyway, the usual Thai style "deal".

"Most have high enough purchasing power to buy Elite cards priced at Bt500,000 to Bt2 million. To be eligible for an Elite Flexible One membership card, applicants must spend at least Bt10 million on condo-style property under the scheme."

I did read it squire.. 

Copied and pasted it for you.!  

I never mentioned 10 million condos..........I said the stampede to get a visa .....providing you buy a condo for 10 million baht?!!

I doubt there are 10 million residences, in Thailand... for the Thais..............  let alone 10 million condos! for farangs to buy!

Edited by welshguy
spelling

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

But is it sanctioned by the the immigration Bureau and the committees above the Immigration bureau?

The OP says 'grant' visa, 'offer' is a bit different but in reality property developers aren't in a position to grant or offer any form of visa.

Another view, the old saying - 'would you buy a used car from this person?'

Same applies to property developers and their sales people, many have no hesitation to offer to sell you the Sydney Opera house. 

Well if they are going to launch it with much fanfare you have got to expect it is. No doubt there will be some small print in it.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:49 AM, bkk6060 said:

10 million properties?

Is there a Bt before the 10 million?

3 hours ago, Milad said:

Thailand is a sh*thole country. They have nothing but expect too much, empty expectations and no real return. They think other countries are <deleted>*king stupids and idiots like Thai government and Thai people. 

Thanks for showing everyone what a mouth piece you are. Your English is as poor as your IQ I am willing to bet. Best you stay in your own narrow minded, rude and prejudice country where you can sit and write this garbage. Thailand doesn’t need people like you here. That’s for sure.

Edited by Jud Canada

15 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

Best to read the article properly BT 10,000,000 . 

You and the other guy complaining about people's inability to read; the thread title was quite different and didn't make sense before it was changed. 

19 hours ago, jrward42 said:

People seem to be confused about how a property developer can offer a visa. Surely they can just pay for an Elite visa for their customers? They have a condo worth 10 million or more and then just whack an extra 500,000 to the price and pretend it comes with a free Elite visa. I don't know how it would work with residency but buying their customers an Elite visa doesn't require them to work for immigration.

Having said that, it's mental and I have no idea who would go for it. Not that anyone can right now anyway.

It’s a government sponsored plan to stimulate investment. The developers simply apply for the program.

• Like 1

Rentals are a dime a dozen in Thailand. As soon as they get shabby move to a newer one. 

And that was in the good times, I cannot imagine how it is now.

Buying a condo in Thailand if a retired westerner is a fools game.

17 hours ago, Jud Canada said:

Thanks for showing everyone what a mouth piece you are. Your English is as poor as your IQ I am willing to bet. Best you stay in your own narrow minded, rude and prejudice country where you can sit and write this garbage. Thailand doesn’t need people like you here. That’s for sure.

He’s not wrong. For the most part, Thailand is a dump, as are most countries in the region. The government is completely out of touch with everything that doesn’t involve oppression and submission, and they absolutely count on foreigners being dumb and desperate enough to buy into their silly schemes. 

Why would anyone pay 10 million baht for a condo so they can get a 5 year visa that only costs 500,000b?  That takes a special kind of stupid. And lucky for Thailand, there is no shortage of stupid foreigners. However, most foreigners coming to live in Thailand don’t have 10 million baht. 

• Like 1