Archaeologists uncover ancient street food shop in Pompeii

rooster59

Astonishing to learn how advanced were these people were 2000 years ago compare to say, the region and the country we live in, even the interior walls of my apartment are painted in a very similar wall paint as in the picture... just an observation...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

Yeah

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I liked the whore house there.  With paintings on the walls to describe what you could get inside each room. 

Yeah in those days you probably had to paint them a picture so they can understand what is on offering... replaced in modern days with red lights, blurring of a music and some lassos standing outside with shorts beer signs saying 'Helloooo daalling'.... 

Edited by ezzra
  • Haha 1

I thought the population estimate stated, 13,000, was too low, but according to google it's about right. I've been there two times in the past 4 years, and the place seems much larger than a town of 13K.

Herculaneum nearby, which suffered the same fate, is interesting because about 2/3 of it, as I recall, is still buried under the new town and its houses, so it is going to be a long time before the treasures there are uncovered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1