Thailand to get 2m doses of vaccine from Feb: Anutin

snoop1130

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

just yesterday they have approved 1.6bln for an unspecified vax, the next weak another 1.17bln for unspecified vax.

why this secrecy, lack of transparency?

$17 per shot is quite much, the top of what in Europe they are buying (and selling).

Already 6bln was spend on astrazeneca. Looks, like another 6bln for this same company. They would be in the second part of 2021.

money is flowing fast, but no vaccines

If the vaccine origin is not disclosed, the origin is immediately obvious.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anutin did not identify the manufacturer of Thailand's first batch but said the ministry had negotiated a purchase price of US$17 per dose. Next week it will ask the Cabinet to approve a Bt1.17 billion budget for procurement of the 2 million doses.

Correct me if i,m wrong, but has a Budget for Vaccine procurement already been passed.?

If it has, what has happened to the original Budget. Why does the Money for these few Vaccines not come from the Budget that has already been approved.

This could possibly be a procurement of some Vaccine other than the Oxford one, but ant an inflated price due to the urgency

• Like 1

13 hours ago, misterjames said:

They ordered 26 million doses of the Oxford vaccine from UK but I speculate the Oxford vaccine will go to the richest people while the poor will probably get some shady Chinese one.

If you follow the recommended precautions like washing hands,wear a mask, social distancing there should  be no need to be vaccinated. 

Bangkok and it's surrounding provinces have water from the tap which is chlorinated  perfect for sanitizing  around the home..Shower, Wash clothes, wipe over surfaces, mop the floor, wash plates,utensils in the water ,all becomes germ free..The water from the tap is 100% drinkable. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago,  Percy P said: 

If you follow the recommended precautions like washing hands,wear a mask, social distancing there should  be no need to be vaccinated. 

Bangkok and it's surrounding provinces have water from the tap which is chlorinated  perfect for sanitizing  around the home..Shower, Wash clothes, wipe over surfaces, mop the floor, wash plates,utensils in the water ,all becomes germ free..The water from the tap is 100% drinkable. 

Great. So, you're willing to wear a medical band refusing Covid treatment and carry a DNR statement -- just in case, right? I'm sure you have the courage of your convictions. 

Edited by Ebumbu
  • Like 1

The good news is the Astrazeneca shots only need to be chilled. The bad news is that after two shots the max protection is 70%. So not as effective as the others. 

2 shots @ $17 = a few drinks. Better than paying for a hospital intensive care stay?

• Confused 1

Serum the major producer of the AZ vaccine in India has a production capacity of almost 100 million doses a month starting this month.

A delivery of 2 million to Thailand in February is not impossible and if anything seems light.

India will keep a lot of Serum's production but physically it probably cannot deliver more than 50 million doses to its population per month.There's a lot to go around.

The AZ vaccine is also made elsewhere including the UK and Australia. Judging from the Australian reports you need about 3 months to brew your first commercial batch and then it's business as usual.(Over simplified I know.)

12 hours ago, RR2020 said:

In my view this is for sure a Chinese vaccine.

Nobody else can offer anything........... Pfizer, Moderna and Ox/Az are all booked up.  Russian has limited Sputnik and not exporting yet.  Only China is looking for guinea pigs to tests its many many vaccines on.

CCP force test on own people regardless of what the side effects are. I certainly wont be getting a vaccine from the CCP. No time for bullies and thugs.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He has instructed the Food and Drug Administration to prepare regulations for the vaccine's approval.

you think Thai FDA will do clinical trial or lab test to see if it i safe for the precious THAI people or just put an OK  stamp & collect payment for their services ?

'public health volunteers first to receive vaccine'

But not employed healthcare providers and medical staffs who must be in contact with covid-19 patients for testing & treatment nor long-term care facility residents and staffs?

Thereafter, what about front line employed essential workers and people aged 75 years and older?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations.html

Odd priority.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is US$17 the cost to the govt and then free to Thai folks?

Or, is US$17 paid by each Thai citizen?

Please, the minister is a busy man and farang are not highest on his list, when he contacts me, I'll let you know! I would think that 2 million doses for a population of 68 million is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

'public health volunteers first to receive vaccine'

But not employed healthcare providers and medical staffs who must be in contact with covid-19 patients for testing & treatment nor long-term care facility residents and staffs?

Thereafter, what about front line employed essential workers and people aged 75 years and older?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations.html

Odd priority.

Even in the US, some states are not following the CDC guidelines.  Again. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/29/covid-vaccine-priority-group-elderly/

Texas, Florida and some other Republican-led states are bucking federal advice to provide early doses of the new coronavirus vaccines to front-line workers, choosing instead to prioritize the elderly — a decision exposing fissures in the nationwide immunization campaign.

12 hours ago, misterjames said:

Not my words but Anutin's I guess you don't remember what he said about foreigners? 

Yeh that's why I said it ???? 

Anutin is right, in a way, farangs are dirty. Why do you think western nations are out of control and now new Brit strain????

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thailand is part of COVAX. Part of their policy is non-transparency.

Also keep in mind that these vaccines generally require two doses.

So in general, divide by two.

So these numbers are needless to say -- NOT IMPRESSIVE. 

But the opportunity for corruption is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

sooner the better! Just buy them Thailand and let's get back to normal. Should be free, but 17$ no big deal, just do it!

1 million recipients will not get things back to normal!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

sooner the better! Just buy them Thailand and let's get back to normal. Should be free, but 17$ no big deal, just do it!

So something that is paramount to opening borders and getting economies rolling again needs to be charged 17$. Makes you wonder!