What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On Netflix. 

Contrary to what I recall from being fed over the years about remote-viewing programs being a waste of American's tax paying money, and despite that the programs ran for 20 years, this documentary highlights the little publicised successes.

For those who don't have Netflix this is a brief summary reference of the above documentary.

• Thanks 1

Nail Bomber: Manhunt.

Netflix.

"The story of how one man held London to ransom for 13 days in 1999. The far-right extremist detonated three bombs in Soho, Brixton and Brick Lane, hoping to start a race war. Instead, as the documentary reveals, he inspired ordinary people to stand up and take action, helping to catch him and ultimately bring him to justice."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:25 AM, recom273 said:

tbh, there so much other foreign TV that I missed over the past 10 years, that im

happy to wait until sonarr updates the files.

There is an amazing forum thread on a torrent site I belong to, i spent a couple of hours compiling this trakt list. Which communicates with my download client.

https://trakt.tv/users/recom273/lists/hidden-gems?sort=percentage,asc

I added plenty of recommendations from this thread too.

@recom273forgot to thank you for the Trakt link, much of it I already have, but there was some very interesting series that I'll soon try. ????

• Like 1

This looks promising. Hard to believe by looking at the trailer that he's 83. Available on TG, first 2 episodes. Has English subs and Ita/English soundtrack.

serie-Luck-su-Sky-e1621934396216-1.jpg

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

This looks promising. Hard to believe by looking at the trailer that he's 83. Available on TG, first 2 episodes. Has English subs and Ita/English soundtrack.

serie-Luck-su-Sky-e1621934396216-1.jpg

Giddy

Unless there's a new series out, this one is over 10 years old, so the whole series should be out there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Giddy

Unless there's a new series out, this one is over 10 years old, so the whole series should be out there somewhere.

No, you're correct, this is from 2011-2012. I'd never heard of it before, not sure how I missed it. No wonder Dustin looked so young, he was only 73 when this was made, not 83 like i thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Another good drama from the Beeb.

Available on iPlayer and probably the usual places.

I really enjoyed this series, so many surprises ,mind you looking deeper as it was the BBC it ticked most of the boxes 

set in S WALES,  it had a lesbian couple.a gay boy ,the police chief was a woman and black as was the second in command ,men were down the line ,just a shame they did not have a non binery ,i think i will complain????

after saying that excelent story 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:35 AM, bluesofa said:

I've just finished watching the complete series of The Pact (2021) from the BBC. I had to binge-watch it, couldn't leave it alone.
Billed on IMDB as a thriller, the acting was excellent. It was full of suspense right until the last minute.
There were more twists and turns than a Thai government vaccination policy.
It's the most powerful series I've seen in a long time, I'm willing to admit the end moved me to tears.

Just finished binge watching this series. Very good. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, faraday said:

What the af is going on....?

Why the three month break?

IMG_20210528_054414.png

Yup, I hate it when they do this ..

Like, what happened to The Detectives: Organized crime .. Prince Phillip has a lot to answer for, or is Easter still running on extra time?

122C018D-59ED-4D83-B3D8-3FC19E10379D.jpeg

• Like 1

Mike Tyson: The Knockout

Two part series with episode 1 out there now RAR.

Summary: A special documentary series on the life of boxing legend Mike Tyson. “Mike Tyson: The Knockout” will put viewers ringside for the main event that will chronicle the former champion’s climb, crash and comeback, from his difficult childhood to becoming undisputed world champion to his 1992 rape conviction and his personal struggles.

• Like 2

The Beast Must Die

First 2 episodes out here now on RAR.

Summary: Jared Harris, Cush Jumbo & Billy Howle star in this gripping revenge thriller set on the Isle of Wight. A mother sets out to avenge her young son’s death, while a detective tries to unpick the web of tragedy and steer a course to justice.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, bluesofa said:

Apparently this will be the last series:

Thanks Bluesofa--- enjoy that series..... last one huh...OK but Barry will be coming out  July/August

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A little disappointing that Guy Ritchie doesn’t put more of his earlier instantly recognisable signature on this and relies a little too much on each character trying to out “ macho man “ each other .

This IMO was a really disappointing Guy R movie, Just seem to be the Hollywood narrative of a Crime movie--a superman walking around, If he had a wooden gun he would have beaten all the bad guys with machine guns- FBI saying yes we know, but let him kill who he wants to, because there to good for us to get....(gimma brake)

Don't want to say anymore (spoilers) ---America has done some good crime movies , this certainly wont go down as one of them, & for sure the worse Guy R movie I have seen.

I eventually managed to download the two series of "For All Mankind" and watched the first episode last night, and I was very disappointed, in fact I found it boring, with average acting and with nothing to recommend it!

Furthermore on the download that I had, there was a Mexican family involved somehow, and there were no subtitles to show what they were saying, and I was tempted to switch it off halfway through, but did wait until almost the end, but then I'd had enough.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

On 5/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, bluesofa said:

I just watched them both last night, I was afraid it would lose its appeal in series 3 .. but it’s still a winner.

After every 24 mins you wish there was just another 10. There’s always a little story within each episode that never closes. Quality. 
I hope Nash Edgerton goes on to write some more dark stuff in a similar vein to this and gringo.

Reading the article reminds me, I have a copy of The Magician but never got around to watching it.

Sorry if it's been posted before just started watching last night  ????

Manhunt 2019    --  3part TV Series with Martin Clunes.

Fact-based drama looking at the work of Colin Sutton, the Senior Investigating Officer in the hunt for Levi Bellfield, who was the killer of at least three women.

Manhunt is the real life story of how the murder of French National, Amelie Delagrange, on Twickenham Green in August 2004 was eventually linked to the murders of Marsha McDonnell in 2003 and the abduction and murder of Milly Dowler as she travelled home from school in 2002. Walking home following a night out with friends, 22 years old Amelie was savagely attacked and struck several times on the back of the head with a hammer. Although relatively experienced in murder investigation, DCI Sutton was assigned to the case by London’s Metropolitan Police. Hard working and instinctive, Sutton dedicated himself to finding Amelie’s killer. With very little evidence, his painstaking approach and the diligence of his fellow officers gradually led to breakthroughs in the case.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Like marrying his cousin ?

Or........, Elizabeth—though only 13 years old—said she fell in love with Philip, and they began to exchange letters----https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II

...& now her son is wanted by the FBI for going with someone who is 17.

Edited by sanuk711

American Traitor:---Movie--released date May 27th

Dowloaded but haven't viewed it yet, Has good write ups---Al Pachino  plays lead.

*Blurb--An American woman named Mildred Gillars broadcast Nazi propaganda during World War II. She was dubbed Axis Sally by the American GIs who simultaneously loved and hated her. The story plunges the viewer into the dark underbelly of the Third Reich's hate-filled propaganda machine, Sally's eventual capture, and subsequent trial for treason in Washington D.C. after the war.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

American Traitor:---Movie--released date May 27th

Dowloaded but haven't viewed it yet, Has good write ups---Al Pachino  plays lead.

*Blurb--An American woman named Mildred Gillars broadcast Nazi propaganda during World War II. She was dubbed Axis Sally by the American GIs who simultaneously loved and hated her. The story plunges the viewer into the dark underbelly of the Third Reich's hate-filled propaganda machine, Sally's eventual capture, and subsequent trial for treason in Washington D.C. after the war.

Just had a peek on Rotten Tomatoes.

The reviews were dreadful.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Sorry if it's been posted before just started watching last night  ????

Manhunt 2019    --  3part TV Series with Martin Clunes.

Yes I had seen the 2019 Manhunt Daffy, but decided to check on it---& they are bringing out a season 2 same cast----Another true story of same detective....as yet not given date.

Daily Express What is the plot of Manhunt season 2?

The first season of Manhunt was about DCI Sutton trying to track down a serial killer who was later revealed to be Levi Bellfield.

In series two, the show will once again be based on the diaries of the detective who, this time around, is looking for a notorious serial rapist.

The rapist's 17-year reign of terror had left thousands of elderly people in south east London living in fear.

The man responsible was arrested in 2008 and then sentenced to a minimum of 27 years in prison in 2011.

• Like 1