What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

13 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

How do they continue to get away with it all?

Simple - those in power made sure that their agenda was protected.

The sons and grandsons and great grandsons of those same people have maintained the fairy tale to this day.

Don't Rock the Boat

Maintain the Status Quo at all costs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Simple - those in power made sure that their agenda was protected.

The sons and grandsons and great grandsons of those same people have maintained the fairy tale to this day.

Don't Rock the Boat

Maintain the Status Quo at all costs

We are not what we say we are nor stand for what we say we stand for.  God Bless Us!

53 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Watched this as am a Stephen Graham fan but frankly was disappointed. Graham stars as head chef in a trendy/popular restaurant dealing with the daily problems of staff, customers and trying to juggle 10 dishes at the same time.

It all adds up to a stressful experience, hence the movie title, as tempers are flared during the course of the evening.

Halfway through you will begin to wonder if anything is actually going to happen or is it just a fly on the wall documentary.

While Graham’s acting is up to his usual high standards I feel the movie is let down by a non eventful yet predictable storyline.

Gets some good reviews but someone commented that this is what would happen if Gordon Ramsey had starred in Uncut Gems which summed it up for me.

A tense 90 minutes which promises to deliver a thrilling climax but unfortunately didn’t !

Fair enough - Sad to hear that it didn’t make the grade. I will give it a look as it seemed an interesting method of film making. Sad, it had some good reviews.

8 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Thank you.  An excellent documentary which I somehow seem to have missed.   If you havn't read or heard of it before there is an excellent book on the subject by Jim Garrison, DA of New Orleans 1962-74 titled "JFK: On the Trail of the Assassins" which discloses a lot of the same especially Lee Harvey Oswald's ties to the CIA, the cover-ups, the misinformation, etc.

How do they continue to get away with it all?

A good 'must see' follow up is 'RFK Must Die.'

On fmovies.

Edited by bobandyson
  • Thanks 1

Watched a couple of movies this week. First was Marshland (La Isla Minima) which is a Spanish crime drama about 2 cops chasing a serial killer. It was pretty good IMHO. I think it was recommended by @userabcd - so thanks for that. Second was Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (from Marvel Studios) which I found quite entertaining and enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Great Escape----Doco Channel 5 November 25 2021

3 Parts all out Rarbg etc

The Doco of the great escape --not quite like the Steve McQueen 1963 movie. ... a little grimmer.

There is a lot of new footage and documents not seen before--I found it quite interesting---well put together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just downloaded and watched the first episode of a new series set in a coastal town in  N Ireland( know it and have lived quite close) well its about a new muslim female detective who has just started working there,its a bit like a soap opera ,all the people in it act as if they have never been to Ireland but think thats how they talk and act and as for the new detective being there,well i have more chance of winning the lottery next week .

But if you want to watch it for the lovely coastline give it a go its called HOPE STREET.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, seedy said:

Is she also a Lesbian with a disability ?

If not - then the whole series is not PC !!! 555

Damn i was saving the fact that she had a walking frame and was non binery for another post,mind you the way tv series are going these days it will be a normal set up .????

The Harder they Fall ( 2021 )

Liking this, has a Tarantinoesque feel about it.

Idris Elba and Regina King (Lydia from Southland) star in this Western about revenge and rival gangs etc, etc.

Plenty of blood and gore and profanity in this movie but what sets it apart from the usual western offerings is that the main protagonists are black !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10696784/

Gives it a sort of surreal , filmed in an alternative universe, type of feeling especially with the soundtrack ranging from Bob Marley to Hip Hop.

As strange as it sounds it actually works well as an action movie and I enjoyed it.

available on Netflix and fmovies.

City of Angels: City of Death

A few episodes in, It's pretty good.

RARBG

Summary: Documents the chilling 70s-80s era of rampant serial killers in Los Angeles. Features first-hand accounts from the detectives, who tracked down these killers bringing justice for the victims and survivors.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 centimeters per second.

Not the best Japanese anime I've seen, but really gut wrenchingly sad if one understands the premise behind the 3 separate but linked short stories within the movie.

The Japanese really have a handle on portraying very emotional feelings in an animated form. Perhaps that's why they make anime rather than live action.

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

This is a pretty cool documentary and flashback. If you liked Platoon, you'll really like this. A bit about the Philippines when it was filmed at that time so some might connect to that. It's in the torrents but also on youtube. The torrents are clearer versions of course.

It was an excellent doco.

4 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

This is a pretty cool documentary and flashback. If you liked Platoon, you'll really like this. A bit about the Philippines when it was filmed at that time so some might connect to that. It's in the torrents but also on youtube. The torrents are clearer versions of course.

Thanks. Was Excellent

Edited by seedy

Hard Landing: Airbus in Crisis (2021)

MV Group

Then there was the World Trade Organization (WTO) investigation, which found that over the years Airbus received around $22 billion of unfair subsidies paid by France, Germany, and the EU. The WTO subsequently allowed the US to impose tariffs on up to $7.5 billion worth of EU goods in 2019.

Not long after, in early 2020, Airbus was hit by a corruption scandal and fined 3.6 billion euros. A number of employees were accused of having paid several millions in bribes worldwide over many years to boost sales

20 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Harder they Fall ( 2021 )

Couldn't get on with it at all........so switched off after about 20 mins!

But for those lucky enough to be able to get BBC iPlayer, there is a great documentary on Freddie Mercury, called "Freddie Mercury: the final act" (or similar).

It featured a lot of other pop/rock stars and was very interesting I thought. He denied he had AIDS right up until the day before he died, then announced it, and died the next day.

Edited by xylophone