What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

The Last Duel 2021 on 1337x eztv now.  Jousting with Matt Damon and Adam Driver.  Ben Affleck and Matt Damon write their second script.  Medieval Men who wear armor and sport mullets (Matt).  Jodie Comer as well

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, recom273 said:

Just as I suspected - Gomorrah - aired on sky without subtitles.

But I was amazed to see that sBs are running a weekly episode, and you can catch-up on the previous seasons too.

sBs is a real treasure trove - cheers @Will27 - it’s especially good that you can download the shows and watch them offline. 

For those who don't access SBS on Demand, the first 4 episodes of Gomorrah are on RARBG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

I appreciate the info on SBS.com.au.

However, I'd like to warn others about something which I haven't seen mentioned - SBS interfupts Gomorrah with commercials.

I'm surprised anyone is willing to watch it under that condition.

I agree that it is a bit of a PITA having to watch commercials, but I guess that's why the service is "free". I also agree with @IvorBiggun2, in that I am prepared to put up with the commercials to watch something that I can't easily find elsewhere.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I appreciate the info on SBS.com.au.

However, I'd like to warn others about something which I haven't seen mentioned - SBS interfupts Gomorrah with commercials.

I'm surprised anyone is willing to watch it under that condition.

Tbh, I didn’t realise as I can’t use a vpn on my apple Tv (easily) so I always download the files first, which removes the ads, but I can see it’s an irritation. You can easily use a program called “tubedigger” on windows or “downie” on a Mac to download to your HDD and you end up with 720p files around 500mb each. Worth looking into if you regularly watch foreign SBS shows.

The torrent files are out with English subs now - 

Gomorrah.S05E01.Episode.1.1080p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-playWEB

Gomorrah.S05E02.Episode.2.1080p.HMAX.WEB DL.DD5.1.H.264 playWEB.mkv

Gomorrah.S05E03.Episode.3.1080p.HMAX.WEB DL.DD5.1.H.264 playWEB.mkv

Gomorrah.S05E04.Episode.4.1080p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-playWEB  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, recom273 said:

The torrent files are out with English subs now - 

Gomorrah.S05E01.Episode.1.1080p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-playWEB

Gomorrah.S05E02.Episode.2.1080p.HMAX.WEB DL.DD5.1.H.264 playWEB.mkv

Gomorrah.S05E03.Episode.3.1080p.HMAX.WEB DL.DD5.1.H.264 playWEB.mkv

Gomorrah.S05E04.Episode.4.1080p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-playWEB  

What url?

Edited by JimmyJ

Tv series - When Missing Turns to Murder.

This one is quite good.

RARBG

Summary: British true crime documentary series using powerful and emotional testimony from families and friends when a missing persons enquiry turns into a murder investigation.

Anyone been watching Succession ?

New season has been pretty dry, but after this last episode (#1 son gives himself a birthday exposition) I get the feeling they added a new writer to the show, someone with a psych degree.  Each of the central characters are going coo-coo in their own particular way.  I get the impression someone in the family is going to go postal.  We can take bets on who(m).

Saw Sirocco (1951) last night.  Bogie as a slightly less moral version of Rick.  B&W and no location filming (it's supposed to be Damascus), all shot on a studio lot.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:42 PM, BritManToo said:

And a bit too woke, all races mixed together in a small rural village = unlikely.

Too strong independent women orientated as well, for the low level of civilisation.

Hahaha... I guess you haven't read the books, published before "woke" was a thing.

Love it when peeps don't seem to have a clue what they are on about... ????

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, bendejo said:

B&W and no location filming (it's supposed to be Damascus), all shot on a studio lot.

On that note, and on the advice of a friend who recommended that I watch the original movie, "The Third Man" I downloaded and watched it.

I did so because he said it was one of the best movies ever made and also because it starred Orson Welles, so I waited with bated breath to see it......and I was very disappointed, but then again I should have expected that; the sets/backdrops were all done in a studio and were pretty amateurish, as were the scenes where three guys were driving in a jeep, and, and...........

Thinking about it, I knew there was a reason that I didn't download movies that were made any earlier than the mid/early 60s, because I've encountered this before and have also been disappointed. Lesson learned.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I did so because he said it was one of the best movies ever made and also because it starred Orson Welles, so I waited with bated breath to see it......and I was very disappointed,

Its made in 1949...I thought was the best movie I had seen, when we had to watch it at school in the late 50s....

Vienna postwar split into 4 zones---the only way to connect unseen is to walk the Sewers --you could commit a crime in one zone and if you got to another zone not be arrested. ---the world  was  in a children's pandemic "meningitis"--the only cure then was Penicillin. 

The dilemma that he has when he finds his best friend is not only dealing in the "wonder Drug" but is watering it down.

Olson Wells  tries to cut his best friend in on the money in a famous dilemma  offer--they are very high up and Orson Wells asks his friend see those dots down there (people) supposing I should offer you Thousands of pounds, for a few of those dots to disappear--- "Tax free old man--Tax free" would you take it.

There are still no movies of this era that make that list----seems a shame

1 The Third Man 1949 Carol Reed
2 Brief Encounter 1945 David Lean
3 Lawrence of Arabia 1962 David Lean
4 The 39 Steps 1935 Alfred Hitchcock
5 Great Expectations 1946 David Lean
6 Kind Hearts and Coronets 1949 Robert Hamer
7 Kes 1969 Ken Loach
8 Don't Look Now 1973 Nicolas Roeg
9 The Red Shoes 1948 Powell and Pressburger
10 Trainspotting 1996 Danny Boyle
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I found the Gomorrah files  with subs.

I watched episode 1.

I've seen all the previous seasons. as well as the "early years" feature .

If you had no previous experience with Gomorrah,

would you bother watching episode 2?

I thought ep. 1 totally uninvolving and uninteresting.

A lot of meaningless arbitrary action devoid of plot.

Even though I've seen earlier seasons, none of what was going on had any meaning to me.

Edited by JimmyJ

18 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

the world  was  in a children's pandemic "meningitis"--the only cure then was Penicillin. 

Caught that when I was a kid - first bullet I ever dodged

As it turned out, one of many

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Its made in 1949...I thought was the best movie I had seen, when we had to watch it at school in the late 50s....

Vienna postwar split into 4 zones---the only way to connect unseen is to walk the Sewers --you could commit a crime in one zone and if you got to another zone not be arrested. ---the world  was  in a children's pandemic "meningitis"--the only cure then was Penicillin. 

The dilemma that he has when he finds his best friend is not only dealing in the "wonder Drug" but is watering it down.

Olson Wells  tries to cut his best friend in on the money in a famous dilemma  offer--they are very high up and Orson Wells asks his friend see those dots down there (people) supposing I should offer you Thousands of pounds, for a few of those dots to disappear--- "Tax free old man--Tax free" would you take it.

There are still no movies of this era that make that list----seems a shame

1 The Third Man 1949 Carol Reed
2 Brief Encounter 1945 David Lean
3 Lawrence of Arabia 1962 David Lean
4 The 39 Steps 1935 Alfred Hitchcock
5 Great Expectations 1946 David Lean
6 Kind Hearts and Coronets 1949 Robert Hamer
7 Kes 1969 Ken Loach
8 Don't Look Now 1973 Nicolas Roeg
9 The Red Shoes 1948 Powell and Pressburger
10 Trainspotting 1996 Danny Boyle

For me........an average movie, and none of the above "cut the mustard" for me.