What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

21 hours ago, Skallywag said:

The Wheel of Time available now from Amazon prime, the first 3 episodes on 1337x    eztv

Looks like a Game of Thrones type drama.  rated 9.1 on IMDB with 512 votes

I watched the first episode last night---its OK --no not like Game of thrones Skallywag, more -Shadow and Bone --Fantasy/magic some people have the Magic some do not, have the Orcs attacking (like Lord of the Ring) I often wonder how they get a high 9.1 rating before its release.

I didn't find it as good as Shadow and Bone or Witcher ...but early days --so give it another look.

Its Woman orientated --they seem to have the magic mostly.

The reviewers after where not as Keen on it as the ones that gave it 9.1--they are around the 5-6

Top review

5/10
Hoping for much more...
I was looking forward to WOT since its announcement. After the first episode, it appears to be a mediocre adaptation.

• Like 2

Started binge watching "Mr. Robot" (yes, I am years behind on my watch list) on Prime.   Series 1 was fascinating to me although early on I didn't like Christian Slater's acting as Mr. Robot (I think I was waiting for him to go way over the top as in "Very Bad Things").    I quit the watch in Series 2 as I got seriously sick of Elliot and his self-indulgence in his self-made problems;   I grew to like Slater's Mr. Robot acting a lot more though.    Can anyone offer up a reason to reconsider my "stop" decision?

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this series ,its really good , called Temple ,

series 1 and 2 available

The New rules Pet........you have to tell us where..??

I found it in silly sizes,  the smallest I have seen is nearly 6GB and there is one episode on TG at 35GB.....  a 40 minute TV show @ 35GB..... you must be able to see their nasal hair...... some of these sizes are getting mad..........:w00t:

Just season 2 looking for........

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I found it in silly sizes,  the smallest I have seen is nearly 6GB and there is one episode on TG at 35GB.....  a 40 minute TV show @ 35GB..... you must be able to see their nasal hair...... some of these sizes are getting mad..........:w00t:

Fmovies 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tjintx said:

Started binge watching "Mr. Robot" (yes, I am years behind on my watch list) on Prime.   Series 1 was fascinating to me although early on I didn't like Christian Slater's acting as Mr. Robot (I think I was waiting for him to go way over the top as in "Very Bad Things").    I quit the watch in Series 2 as I got seriously sick of Elliot and his self-indulgence in his self-made problems;   I grew to like Slater's Mr. Robot acting a lot more though.    Can anyone offer up a reason to reconsider my "stop" decision?

I liked Mr Robot - last season, S04 is when everything comes together, but was also the worst season.
If I remember correctly, S03 was good, but maybe not worth sticking with if it’s not your thing. It all got a bit too far fetched in the end. I watched all seasons as they aired, so just watched them as a weekly habit. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Now now Sanuk711.

Giddyup does have a point TBF.

Most of the recommendations on here are from the main torrent sites where memberships aren't needed.

If you get something on Chaos, it would help if you said that.

I went looking for Hidden Assets after you recommended it and couldn't find it on the main torrent sites.

I try and do the same if I see something on SBS on Demand for instance but sometimes forget.

Temple season 2 is on Lime on about 2.5gb and is on TPB as well.

• Like 1

I decided to download and watch, "Independence Day" (again) and was glad that I did, as it was an entertaining piece of nonsense but at least it had no pretenses as to what it really was, if you see what I mean!

I did watch, "Last Night in Soho" and thought it was okay, especially the songs/soundtracks from the 60s era, as well as having two very attractive women in it, although the plot does need to be closely followed to be able to make any sense of it all IMO.

It was Diana Riggs last movie before she went to the great stage in the sky, and Terence Stamp made an appearance, although I believe he is still alive. One other woman in the movie also died after making it, but I can't remember her name!

Before I forget, I did watch another movie called, "Night Raiders" which was a total shambles, as you had a movie set somewhere 20 years into the future or more, featuring Native American Indians, and somewhere in amongst it was a Maori
(NZ) who tried to destroy a large drone by performing a Haka in front of it, all completely out of context.

Then I noticed in the credits that it was part funded by the New Zealand Film Commission, so I suppose they had to put a New Zealander in it somewhere?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I stand Chastised........ Sorry to all.................especially Giddyup......

Nothing to be sorry about in my book.

A simple Google search will find any choices you want.

Next - can you come to my house and press the keys on the keyboard

Me - when I want to find something, learn something, I just do it.

Still working on 'Living Forever'

• Sad 1

"Star Trek"---Season 4

Has kicked off,---not had a chance to see it with all the boxing and football---but  not getting great reviews.

User reviews3.8K

Top review

2/10
Oh for goodness sake shut up!!!
Extraordinarily ordinary and boring characters Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla banging on and on in terribly worthy and self important tones about absolutely nothing for hours and hours. Episodes that don't know how to end with a score that seems to build to an emotional climax a million times and the crying... oh dear god the crying. So much crying. Just... stop. Please stop. Never before have I wished so hard for the Borg to show up and assimilate the entire cast just so they'll stop... talking!

helpful546

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Now 7.4 with 12k votes.

(The cast/crew/film studio/family and friends now outvoted).

Thought it was awful.

First it was cheap ......... video quality second rate, actors appeared to be new and talent-less.

And a bit too woke, all races mixed together in a small rural village = unlikely.

Too strong independent women orientated as well, for the low level of civilisation.

Game of Thrones it ain't.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - The Unlikely Murderer

Should be out today or tomorrow.

Summary: The assassination of Palme in 1986, Engström managed to elude justice right up to his death through a combination of audacity, luck, and a perplexed police force.

Thanks @Will27, as I downloaded and watched it and found it very good, actually about to watch the final episode tonight, so am looking forward to that.

As I said it was very good, apart from the wigs, which were dreadful; and this is nothing to do with the movie, but the police investigation into the murder was appalling, sloppy and beyond believable in its inadequacy.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

What is sBs?

Its an Australian TV channel, as far as I know. They have a great free catchup or maybe its just a straight streaming service.

Amongst a lot of shows, they have lots of Scandinavian series, and are often the only place to find the series with English subtitles.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/

You need a VPN to view the shows, but I paid 2000B for a Surfshark package, and its problem free. If you have Downie or tubedigger you can download the shows in 720 and share.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

What is sBs?

It use to called W-O-G  Chanel by the Australians  "Some" Australians  when I first watched it 40 years ago, mainly because it was the only Chanel that showed W-O-G -Ball (Soccer--Football) Even showed some world cup games that no other Oz Chanel was interested in.

**Had to spell "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" like that because it deletes.......... :w00t:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 4:03 AM, Saddic said:

E1-2 dropped...  E1 encapsulated the first novel's main points, and E2 went off trying to universe build...  Probably fine for fans of the books, but probably too intellectual (and slow) for norm'ees

The final episode for series 1 has just been released.

Capture.JPG.b6611d29d566db6206a4fc5f1160e127.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Its an Australian TV channel, as far as I know. They have a great free catchup or maybe its just a straight streaming service.

Amongst a lot of shows, they have lots of Scandinavian series, and are often the only place to find the series with English subtitles.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/

You need a VPN to view the shows, but I paid 2000B for a Surfshark package, and its problem free. If you have Downie or tubedigger you can download the shows in 720 and share.

@recom273 Thanks for the Downie/tubedigger info. 

• Like 1

The Hunt For Bible John---BBC1  22 Nov---2 parts Doco

Two-part documentary exploring the 1968 case in which three women were killed after a night of dancing, triggering Scotland’s largest manhunt.
The suspect’s now-infamous moniker, Bible John, came after a key witness described a man who picked up women, yet quoted extensively from the Old Testament and frowned on adultery. Despite one of the biggest manhunts in Scottish history, these brutal killings remain unsolved more than 50 years on.
The first part of this two-part documentary begins in 1968 Glasgow. Far from the Swinging Sixties of London, Glasgow was in a state of disarray, with appalling living conditions in much of the city and many of the tenement slums being torn down. Life was hard, but Glaswegians had a lifeline in the form of the dance halls. Glasgow was known for being ‘dancing daft’ and boasted many of the country’s top dance halls. But given the city's numerous gangs and hard-drinking reputation, there was always a level of violence simmering beneath the surface. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddie Mercury: In His Own Words-----21 November --Channel 5

If you are (were) into Queen--I thought this was a good Doco

Documentary telling the story of the Queen frontman's life and career, from the early days of the band to their show-stopping performance at Live Aid and their dominance of music charts around the world. From Killer Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody, through to The Show Must Go On, the film uncover the stories behind the songs through archive interviews with Freddie himself

I took both from Chaos----- but should be usual places  in a day or so.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

The Princes and the Press ---- 22 Nov BBC2

If you are a Royal watcher---this is on Chaos

Royal Family issues extraordinary blast at BBC for airing 'overblown and unfounded claims' in documentary about rift between William and Harry - as Meghan sends her lawyer on to insist the negative stories about the Duchess are 'false'

Lawyers for the Royal Family were on standby over the two-part BBC2 series, which included claims that insiders from other royal households had briefed against the Sussexes. Buckingham Palace has reportedly threatened a boycott on future projects with the BBC after courtiers were not allowed to view the program before the first episode was aired last night.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10231911/Royal-Family-issue-extraordinary-joint-statement-blasting-BBC-Princes-Press-series.html