What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Snowdon and Margaret: A Scandalous Affair----CH5 HD--4 Dec -

If your a Royal watcher---Ch5 released this last night ---Got from Chaos, but probably around the usual places.

-------------------------

Documentary examining Princess Margaret's marriage to Antony Armstrong-Jones, who was the first non-aristocrat to marry into monarchy for 400 years. The film tells the tale from the beginning, through their courtship, marriage and eventual divorce, using extensive and rare archive and interviews with authors, royal experts and those who knew them.

Dig Deeper: The Disappearance of Birgit Meier

I didn't mind this one.
RARBG with subs.

Summary: After Birgit Meier vanishes in 1989, police missteps plague the case for years. But her brother never wavers in his tireless quest to find the truth.

I watched Venom last night, I thought it was terrible, there was a constant relentless dialogue between the main characters and the alien characters for the whole duration ending in a fight scene at the end, reminiscent of the ghostbusters final fight scene.

I didn't care for most of it, bad CGI, random story, unlikable characters, and way too many <deleted>ty one-liners and forced "humour". Low effort cash at its best.

BBC Scotland's

Wha's Like Us

Everything you ever wanted to know about Scotland's depiction in movies but were afraid to ask.

Plus the Simpsons:

So much more than Braveheart.

Scots might know most of the scads of movies (from very old to more recent) mentioned in this show, but I only knew a small number.

Based on the clips, many looked very intriguing and I don't think you need to be a Scotsman to like them.

Some random examples:

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Scots might know most of the scads of movies (from very old to more recent) mentioned in this show, but I only knew a small number.

The legend of Barney Thompson was a classic---but you forgot the most famous one "Trainspotting"...the only one to make the top 10 in British movies.

Another Favorite --way back in the early 90s, when you had to go to a "fringe" Cinema in Sydney to see anything decent --was the quirky crime one "Shallow grave" still running on Pirates, the movie that made  Ewan McGregor a star.

Anything by Danny Boyle was good.

54 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The legend of Barney Thompson was a classic---but you forgot the most famous one "Trainspotting"...the only one to make the top 10 in British movies.

Another Favorite --way back in the early 90s, when you had to go to a "fringe" Cinema in Sydney to see anything decent --was the quirky crime one "Shallow grave" still running on Pirates, the movie that made  Ewan McGregor a star.

Anything by Danny Boyle was good.

Yeah, I didn't forget to mention Trainspotting. I intentionally didn't mention it because it is in very well known category internationally and of course I've seen it.

I was trying to highlight little known outside Scotland, UK, etc. films that may be hidden gems to most. The tv show mentioned gives samples and commentary about scads of those.

• Like 1

I must thank whoever recommended the documentary, "Platoon: Brothers in Arms", because I thought it was very good indeed and would never have thought that the "film stars" would have put up with so much hard training, muck and filth in order to get the film to seem realistic.

Also downloaded the Russell Crowe version of "Robin Hood" and thought it far superior to the Kevin Costner version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Also downloaded the Russell Crowe version of "Robin Hood" and thought it far superior to the Kevin Costner version.

Mentioning Russel Crowe, I just watched L.A. Confidential with him as a thuggish cop, and Kevin Spacey as a corrupt cop.

Enjoyed watching it again.

• Like 1

Outback Car Hunters  - TV Series

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15515628

Car fanatics GT and Dave set off on a road trip to riches across the Aussie Outback in search of abandoned or forgotten classic cars as well as other memorabilia - to buy and sell for profit.

Wheeler Dealers it isn't but quite interesting if you like that kind of thing.

Season Pack 1 available on RARBG, sorry no subs.

1101495181_OutbackCarHunters.jpg.0f810d10fcb07d9c3b0e3e873ee12f11.jpg

????

• Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, Daffy D said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, "The Rescue" the long awaited cave rescue has appeared.

Available with subs on RARBG:-

The Rescue  - 2021 - IMDB Rating 8.3

A chronicle of the enthralling, against-all-odds story that transfixed the world in 2018: the daring rescue of twelve boys and their coach from deep inside a flooded cave in Northern Thailand.

Haven't watched it myself yet, but interesting subject and a  8.3 rating it should be quite watchable ????

761639522_TheRescue!.jpg.1ac81ec0f57441ebb26656c9d50e0fe7.jpg

Wow, what a documentary/movie – – riveting and so well made, and quite emotional at the end, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and recommend it.

From what I could see on the IMDb info, it cost about $1 million to make and only just about broke even on worldwide takings to date, which surprises me no end, because it is absolutely excellent.

• Like 1

You Don't Know Me---- BBC1 Crime 5/Dec----4 episodes 2 today---2 next week ...................................... TVCHAOSUK

I have just watched the first episode---a lot of it will take place in court----

*** ????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero, a young man from south London, is in the dock for murder.
The prosecution barrister relates damning evidence to him in the closing speech. Hero decides he wants to tell his own story, rather than the version that his barrister decided was in his best interests, and exercises his right to present his own closing speech.
He fires his barrister and tells the jury that he is innocent, sharing a very different sequence of events that placed a law-abiding car salesman in the frame for murder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Curse of Oak Island  -  TV Series

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3455408/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Rick and Marty Lagina, two brothers from Michigan with a life-long interest in the mystery of Oak Island, renew efforts to discover the legendary treasure with sophisticated machinery.

Series 9 well under way  -  available from RARBG and EZTV

Getting a bit tedious now but feel got to keep watching not to miss the Eureka!  moment when they might actually find something.

1904605016_OakIsland.JPG.fe7dc3157b54fbf760438554d603f1e2.JPG

• Like 1

Lee Child's Jack Reacher is coming in Feb, 2022 .  Amazon prime TV series with Alan Ritchson, 39 years old and 1.9 meters tall.  Finally we get a proper Jack Reacher instead of the little old stunt man man Tom Cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1