London to bangkok flight

Hi,

Im coming on a tourist visa next month and was in the process of booking my flight.  I was going to book London to Bangkok direct with thai airways that seemed the best option. 

Then i read in the thailand asq facebook group that someone said that this is repatriation flight for thai people.  So even if i can book with the airline i might not be allowed on the flight as its a repatriation flight?

Does anyone know if this is indeed true or fake news?

Thanks

Edited by bear9
spelling

1 hour ago, hydraides said:

Personally I would book with Qatar  Airways, They are allow unlimited change of dates and good with refund (Safer option at the moment if Thai government decides to ban all incoming flights again)

I doubt Thai Airways will be good with refund as they are a bankrupt company 

Thanks the unlimited change policy looks good with Qatar i will go with them

Happy New Year.

As long as you have the official Certificate of Entry (CoE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy London, Insurance, and ASQ hotel confirmation,  you may fly with Thai Airways. But you must list your name with the Embassy for your intended flight date after approval of all necessary documents. FYI....Thai Airways depart London every Sunday (one flight per week). Hope the info helps. Good luck

This is from Eva Air:

EVA Air will suspend all transit services via TAIWAN staring from the midnight of January 01(local scheduled time)

Effective from 01JAN2021(local flight schedule departure time), foreigners will be restricted from entry nor transit via Taiwan. In addition to the negative COVID-19 test report, all the passengers entering Taiwan will also need to provide the proof of quarantine place from 15 Jan 2021.

Funny thing is Eva is still selling tickets to BKK from LAX???

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammare

To the OP you had better check if you can come anyway, before buying your ticket. Reason London is in Tier 4 and no one allowed to exit the UK from a tier 4 at present. 

By the looks of it it'll stay in tier 4 for some time. Just a thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

To the OP you had better check if you can come anyway, before buying your ticket. Reason London is in Tier 4 and no one allowed to exit the UK from a tier 4 at present. 

By the looks of it it'll stay in tier 4 for some time. Just a thought.

You can travel out of or through tier 4 if you have a good enough reason.  Work, business, education or going home would all suffice.  Going on holiday wouldn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You can travel out of or through tier 4 if you have a good enough reason.  Work, business, education or going home would all suffice.  Going on holiday wouldn't.

Technically true, but we've been in Tier 4 for a while now (London and South East of England) and unless you draw attention to yourself, nobody checks. Now whether you'd be checked at the airport, I don't know.  "Let your conscience be your guide"

As for choosing an airline, I'd say look to see what Emirates is offering. I spoke to them last week about my reissued ticket, good to April 2022. They are, IMO, the most helpful of all the airlines, and I'm reading how they and Dubai airport are handling the Covid situation - take a search around the 'net.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

This is from Eva Air:

EVA Air will suspend all transit services via TAIWAN staring from the midnight of January 01(local scheduled time)

Effective from 01JAN2021(local flight schedule departure time), foreigners will be restricted from entry nor transit via Taiwan. In addition to the negative COVID-19 test report, all the passengers entering Taiwan will also need to provide the proof of quarantine place from 15 Jan 2021.

Funny thing is Eva is still selling tickets to BKK from LAX???

AFAIK, the Eva flight from London to Bangkok is direct - it then proceeds to Taiwan.

However, I have no idea what Eva will do about that - the aircraft presumably has to return to Taiwan at some point, so will they only allow foreigners to book as far as BKK, with Taiwanese nationals only from there on, or will they cancel the whole flight? And are there enough Taiwanese wishing to fly FROM Taiwan to make the return route viable? 

Questions worth asking perhaps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

I don't think Eva and reliability should be mentioned together given they've just cancelled LHR-BKK for January at least.

nothing on their website!!! But since Heathrow is in a Tier 4 area, not suprised really.

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

nothing on their website!!! But since Heathrow is in a Tier 4 area, not suprised really.

Several days ago they announced they cancelled all flights to London.

https://focustaiwan.tw/business/202012290018

26 minutes ago, treetops said:

I don't think Eva and reliability should be mentioned together given they've just cancelled LHR-BKK for January at least.

I can confirm EVA has cancelled its London - Bangkok - Taipei service for all of January, which is the four flights on 10, 17, 24 and 31 January. The South African lady from customer service had no idea if and when they would start the route again. However, the ticket is valid for 1 year from the date of issue. I will be using Luftwaffe through Frankfurt instead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hydraides said:

Personally I would book with Qatar  Airways, They are allow unlimited change of dates and good with refund (Safer option at the moment if Thai government decides to ban all incoming flights again)

I doubt Thai Airways will be good with refund as they are a bankrupt company 

Thai Airways website states refund policy suspended. You can take a repatriation flight if seats available I believe and you can change flight date... especially since they require a negative PCR test to check in. For foreigners Qatar seems better choice, though of course there is a stop over in Qatar.

19 hours ago, bear9 said:

Then i read in the thailand asq facebook group that someone said that this is repatriation flight for thai people.  So even if i can book with the airline i might not be allowed on the flight as its a repatriation flight?

At one point the RTE London stated that priority would be given to Thai passengers and that if there were no seat left in economy, foreigners may be offered a seat in business class. When my Mrs flew back in October there were 2 or 3 foreigners in economy.

I'm sure you're aware but all the entry requirements apply no matter what airline you fly with.  When I go over in April I'll most likely be booking with Thai because of the reliability problems with other airlines but I will be checking the situation with other airlines first.

Agree with others, up to now, Qatar seem to have been the most reliable but you can check them all by keeping an eye on flightradar 24.

5 hours ago, Upnotover said:

The OP said he was coming on a Tourist visa. Looks to me he want's to come on a holiday. If that's the case he's a tad bu//ered. Things can change but at present those are the UK rules. 

Edited by fredob43

7 hours ago, davidcraig said:

There are no (repeat NO) direct flights from the UK to BKK. Eva and BA have stopped all flights. Thai Airways are only repatriation flights for Thai citizens. I flew via Zurich, but that is now closed. The only options are Qatar, Emirates and Etihad.

What's the situation with flying from Zurich? I've not seen anything