PM concerned about drunk driving during New Year holidays

rooster59

Then first start with mandatory practice driving lessons. Teach how to.drive, teach responsible behaviour. And a driving license with punishments points. Red light, drunk driving, accident, speeding, etc. To many occasions you loose your license.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Another meaningless comment from the General .'concerned about' ... Laughable ineffective country

I quite like the laid back attitude here. A fresh change from the draconian west. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fishtank said:

If he was that concerned he would actually do something about it.

The man is a waste of space.

One has to wonder why people come to live here if they don't like the way the country is run and policed.

In some countries it would be called freedom, but apparently not here?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

he Department of Land Transport has announced that there will be no training or testing to obtain a driver's license at all offices from 2nd January 2021 until further notice  

I know the test is a joke but even so haha
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

He can be as concerned as he likes, but actions speak louder than words! There is no enforcement, hence no respect for the law! Drink driving is a problem in any country, but they take a very serious view of it with hefty fines and a minimum 12 months disqualification for first offence and often imprisonment for a subsequent offence. In addition there are mandatory alcohol awareness courses plus any insurance premiums afterwards are raised considerably. Drink drivers will not be caught whilst sitting drinking coffee under an awning, they need to be out patrolling the roads in cars or proper motorcycles. Policing in this country is a disgrace! Concern doesn't catch criminals! 

Actually there were a lot of traffic police at intersections on Sathorn & Rama IV yesterday, which I assume was driving related. For once motocys stopped at red traffic lights.

The solution to Thailand's horrendous road death toll is exactly the same as for any other place on earth, it isn't a hidden mystery that needs endless committees to investigate. For whatever reason the decision is to not do anything about or it would have happened long ago. Seems the odd press release feigning concern is just for PR.

• Like 1

Why does this Man always make these statements.

He always " concerned or "worried "  about something.

As a prime Minister he should be Concerned and Worried enough to actually do something about the Carnage inflicted on many innocent People on the Thai Roads.

After all, its his Job.

• Like 2

Dear Sir,

I will say this once again,

Please put the human rights violation rubbish back in the drawer & put 200 mufti cops on the roads NOW.

I know the increase in petrol costs will require an increase in budget but needs to be done.

Drunk drivers very rarely drive in a straight line & have an amazing ability to behave at road blocks.

I see it every day