Tales of Woe ! .....What tales have you heard ?

CharlieH

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So you are smart, intelligent, well educated, have a great career, are from a financially wealthy background, and obviously you are also handsome. And it was easy for you to find a woman like you describe.

And then, with your stunning, smart, intelligent and well educated wife, you spend a substantial part of your time on Thai Visa. Yeah, sure...

Surfing the internet over the morning coffee or chilling in the afternoon, filling in the hours during flat time at work...   Time spent on here, reading the news, surfing Facebook, in a pub with friends, playing football, wakeboarding, out riding the motorbike etc etc all of it bears no relationship whatsoever to the type of lady I’m married to - attempting to draw such a flawed conclusion perhaps explains why you may lack the understanding that the experiences of others may be well beyond your own; what seems perfectly normal to someone else seems beyond possibility to you. 

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No

What most farangs would call a trophy wife are girls who most (successful) Thais wouldn't touch - and definitely wouldn't marry.

landing.jpg.21e0a255dcbafdd8286dd51102cf20e8.jpg

That might be true for a decade or two ago, but these days, thai men is men to, and I see the thai men put up with quite alot of <deleted> just to be with a woman. Even the more educated and priviliged ones. 

By the way, the girl in the pic look superhappy and know she is a lucky one who can dance for money

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

That might be true for a decade or two ago, but these days, thai men is men to, and I see the thai men put up with quite alot of <deleted> just to be with a woman. Even the more educated and priviliged ones. 

By the way, the girl in the pic look superhappy and know she is a lucky one who can dance for money

We only have to look at Thai Miss Something competitions to get an idea what many Thai men want. And at the same time we have always the farang comments that many bar girls look better than those misses.

I am sure some Thai guys will also take a brown girl. But likely only after they failed with all the "white" girls.

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

We only have to look at Thai Miss Something competitions to get an idea what many Thai men want. And at the same time we have always the farang comments that many bar girls look better than those misses.

I am sure some Thai guys will also take a brown girl. But likely only after they failed with all the "white" girls.

Hehe, ai, well here we are ????

to be true, I have never falled for any of those ideal women you see in the west, that is supposed to be 10 out of 10. Always liked them a bit shorter and a bit shubbier, and maybe different style and dressing, and Im sure men world wide is attracted to something different than we see as role models. Or ? And taken out of my more serious relationships in Europe, not one of them looked the same. 

But I remember back when I was young, how they talked about diverorced women, as some kind of illness. I think things is changing here as well, and now especially when you see more upperclass girls dressing more slutty than before, and more middle class women try to dress upperclass. 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Surfing the internet over the morning coffee or chilling in the afternoon, filling in the hours during flat time at work...   Time spent on here, reading the news, surfing Facebook, in a pub with friends, playing football, wakeboarding, out riding the motorbike etc etc all of it bears no relationship whatsoever to the type of lady I’m married to - attempting to draw such a flawed conclusion perhaps explains why you may lack the understanding that the experiences of others may be well beyond your own; what seems perfectly normal to someone else seems beyond possibility to you. 

I have to agree with you on this, especially as a retired person, I have a lot of free time to fill.

Already banged the misses, had a 5Km walk, cooked and eaten a bacon and egg sarnie, and downed my first wine cooler ....... and it isn't even 10am ........ another 12 hours to fill before bed-time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure I agree, did you ever watch the Miss UK or Miss USA competitions, not much there I wanted.

Had the pleasure of working with a group from the Miss World contestants one year, there was ALOT I wanted....555555

Nowadays I am like the dog chasing a bus, wouldnt know what the hell to do if I caught it ! ..5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Had the pleasure of working with a group from the Miss World contestants one year, there was ALOT I wanted....555555

Nowadays I am like the dog chasing a bus, wouldnt know what the hell to do if I caught it ! ..5555

I'd know what to do, but be too tired to do it.

pS,

I'd do wonder woman in that photo.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, GreasyFingers said:

I know of one that had a lovely mature lady that he came to live with for three months every year. For her age she was a good looker and did tend to all of his needs while he was there. Except one time she said she had got a job in a bank in a different town, but not too far away, while he was in Thailand. Everything was accepted but she lost her new job after a week.

In reality she had 6 mentors paying her money from overseas and would normally be able to coordinate the visits, but one arrived unexpectedly for a surprise visit. Most of us knew what she was doing but she was still a charming women looking after her men.

The relationship ended after the above episode but he was better off with her than the next one that got him.

Good story and if one of the boyfriends happen to visit out of turn She will take one out of town and when the other one goes to the bar where she works he will be told by her workmates that mama sick lady go back village. dont know when come back.which is B.S..

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

Good story and if one of the boyfriends happen to visit out of turn She will take one out of town and when the other one goes to the bar where she works he will be told by her workmates that mama sick lady go back village. dont know when come back.which is B.S..

That reminds me of my farang friend who had a couple of girlfriends simultaneously and it seemed for a while that he was able to manage that situation.

Until one day he returned home and three of his girlfriends were sitting on his veranda comparing notes...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There in exists the problem. You are using your imagination because you have no frame of comparison beyond country girls you pay 20,000 baht per month.

He's on record as saying 1000 baht is his maximum.

34 minutes ago, sipi said:

I fell for the "do you want to buy a baby Buffalo" scam. I actually quite like Buffalo and when the misses asked for 3000 baht to buy me a Buffalo I gave it to her, expecting to neither see the money or Buffalo again.

Blow me over, she turned up an hour later with my own pet Buffalo.

A case of what the hell do I do now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

In Australia  when I was younger I went to bed with a lot of very good looking women but I also woke next to  plenty of ugly ones too . One  was so ugly that I took her home before daylight in case my neighbour saw her.

That reminds me of a guy in a movie who said something like: Most guys would f%$# a lot of women. But we wouldn't want to be seen with many of them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

‘They’ say that about riding scooters, great fun but you wouldn’t want your mates to see you riding one ! 

It used to be a Lada ????

well I had a guy in the Neighboorhood in Hua Hin, coming riding on his Forza and looke quite proud and also kind of looked down on us on a pcx. Strange thing but I could not care less, until I got my 500x and a year later my 1000 versys. His kind of look and attitude changed every time ???? 

I have to say I kind of felt satisfied next time I met him on my pcx after those meetings. He was not the same  ????

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of a guy in a movie who said something like: Most guys would f%$# a lot of women. But we wouldn't want to be seen with many of them.

Not me, I'd rather do it alone than bang a 6 or less.

That was a problem in the UK, but no trouble at all in Asia.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

It used to be a Lada ????

well I had a guy in the Neighboorhood in Hua Hin, coming riding on his Forza and looke quite proud and also kind of looked down on us on a pcx. Strange thing but I could not care less, until I got my 500x and a year later my 1000 versys. His kind of look and attitude changed every time ???? 

I have to say I kind of felt satisfied next time I met him on my pcx after those meetings. He was not the same  ????

Imagine he would have seen you on a decent bike. ???? 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

I had a very good friend   from the U.S.  who  was worth a considerable sum, due to savings, and  two very generous pensions.

He was in his early sixties when he met, and later married a 20 year old Thai girl, who had worked  in the hotel of a friend.  On  taking her   to the U.S. for a holiday,  the  U.S. Embassy  then insisted   she must change her surname to his before they would issue  a visa. This was done.   Before leaving on holiday, my friend bought land  and built a very large  house on it.  As, then, because of having a farang surname, the wife couldnt  buy or own land,  this was  put in the mother in laws name.  Off they went to the U.S. for several months. On return to Thailand,  my friend was approached by a Thai man, who proceeded to haggle over the price  he wanted to pay for the house the mother in law was supposed to ow.n  It turns out, while   they were in the U.S.  , the dear old soul  had proc eeded to sell the house, as was her legal right.  By threats of cutting off the very generous monthly allowance my friend was  giving both the old soul, and a lazy good for nothing brother of the wife, the sale was stopped.  My  friend then proceeded to build another, much smaller, basic house next door to the original, and re,located  mum in law into that, after, somehow, getting  both land plots transferred to his wife

p.S.  My friend died some years later, sadly, he was a good man.   The wife promptly  took on a worthless poor  Thai  as her" companion",

and  still retains the right  to some part of   my friend pensions.

That story drew its conclusion at my mate who is 60 and his 20 year old girlfriend .....bwahahaha ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️