Online 90 days report

Hi

I tried to apply for 90 days report through the immigration online website but after completing the first page and trying to move to the second one i couldn't do it and received a message that say

Contact immigration office in your residence area.

Does someone know why the system wont let me continue to do my report online?

That normally indicates the your record could not be found in the database it checks when submitting page one.

A error in one of the required fields on page 1 can cause that message to come. Double check to be sure you entered everything correctly.

Have you done one online before?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That normally indicates the your record could not be found in the database it checks when submitting page one.

A error in one of the required fields on page 1 can cause that message to come. Double check to be sure you entered everything correctly.

Have you done one online before?

Hi

Thats the first time i tried to do it online.

Before i did it at ubon ratchathani office(its was my first extension) but the asked me to do it online for the next time.

K double checked and i cant c any mistakes.

Any more advice?

8 minutes ago, cobyco said:

Thats the first time i tried to do it online.

Before i did it at ubon ratchathani office(its was my first extension) but the asked me to do it online for the next time.

Did you complete only the required fields other than your first and middle names.

Use the drop down menu for your nationality? Use the calendar for the date of your most recent entry to the country?

Select the correct mode of travel. Leave the flight number blank since it is not a required field.

I assume you are within the 15 days before to the day next report is due.

I know that the site is working since I did my online report 2 days ago to Ubon immigration and got instant approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah....after my first retirement extension in October, no longer can use online, after more than 3 years of no issues. My guess is they never update the permission to stay dates so the system thinks you are on overstay and flags you when you try to do your 90 day. Will go to IO next week...sadly...crappy Nonthaburi office with nothing but the  office in vicinity...at least CW or MTT have loads of shops to make the visit worthwhile.

10 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yeah....after my first retirement extension in October, no longer can use online, after more than 3 years of no issues. My guess is they never update the permission to stay dates so the system thinks you are on overstay and flags you when you try to do your 90 day. Will go to IO next week...sadly...crappy Nonthaburi office with nothing but the  office in vicinity...at least CW or MTT have loads of shops to make the visit worthwhile.

That appears to only happen to people that have done 90 day reports online before. I think it checks the info from previous reports.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That appears to only happen to people that have done 90 day reports online before. I think it checks the info from previous reports.

I'm hopeful that once I file a 'hard' in office report next week...I can go back to online...but not holding my breath

For the life of me I cannot get the online 90 day report to work. I leave flight number blank and fill in all other fields. I use the correct browser. I have not left Thailand since I entered on Dec 1st 2019 so that is the date I use. Fortunately I have Thailand Elite so they'll do it for me, but I would greatly prefer to do it online if I could get it to work because I still have to personally visit their office for them to update the report.

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Only works if you use Google Chrome. I did my 90-day report on Jan 5, 2021 after renewing my Retirement Visa in late December, and it worked fine, but ONLY on Google Chrome.

May be the case for you, but for me it works using either Brave, Edge or IE browsers.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

5 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm hopeful that once I file a 'hard' in office report next week...I can go back to online...but not holding my breath

Upon checking back through my records I see that I was able to use the online system OK for my first 90-day report after my latest retirement extension at Rayong last July, having also submitted the previous report online.

11 hours ago, cobyco said:

Hi

I tried to apply for 90 days report through the immigration online website but after completing the first page and trying to move to the second one i couldn't do it and received a message that say

When you've filled in the first page and press enter, or submit, or whatever it is, if all you get is a blank page then try pressing F5 to refresh it, that should take you to the second page (and do the same thing there if it gives you a blank page after pressing submit). That worked for me a year ago, anyway, after several years of trying to get the wretched thing to work. It seems that once you've managed to do one online submission it all goes smoothly, at least I've had no problems with the last four reports.

Good luck, if you can get it to work it's a real boon, especially in these Covid-ridden times!

40 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Upon checking back through my records I see that I was able to use the online system OK for my first 90-day report after my latest retirement extension at Rayong last July, having also submitted the previous report online.

Likely depends on how lax the office is in updating records. In Nonthaburi, they are notoriously difficult with everything else so I don't xpect they're updating people's records after extensions. Just my take.

Edited by tonray

I have never been able to get it to work. At my most recent in person renewal I asked the officer why. She took my passport, fiddled around on her keyboard, then said everything is correct, but the system just doesn't work for some people. Handed back my passport and said goodbye. ????

• Thanks 1

" ... My guess is they never update the permission to stay dates so the system thinks you are on overstay and flags you when you try to do your 90 day.  ..."

This is basically the problem I have. I did a successful online report back in March. 

Changed to an Elite Visa in June - And my Visa Expiration Date in some particular register was not updated, so it appears I am on overstay. Senior guy in KK immigration spent some time with me last October. Claimed it would get fixed. (I doubted that). Was back to KK Immigration last week -- They told me it was a system glitch & there was no way to fix it for now. 

btw - You may be able to see an additional error flag with your Expiry date if you apply for an account & password on the Immigration Website. That was how I knew what was probably holding me up.

It's a two hour drive, so next time I'll try mailing in. I'll save the whingeing ... 

Edited by kbb
Additional info

I did it today again and was very surprised. I sent it and I got immediately within seconds the message that it is approved. Obviously a computer does this job now. 

There is also the information in a pop-up that the first reporting you have to do at the immigration. This also the first time if you got a new passport. 

14 hours ago, cobyco said:

Hi

If you are one day over the 90 you can not renew online and you will see this message. Just a thought. 

3 hours ago, curtklay said:

I have never been able to get it to work. At my most recent in person renewal I asked the officer why. She took my passport, fiddled around on her keyboard, then said everything is correct, but the system just doesn't work for some people. Handed back my passport and said goodbye. ????

Given what I am hearing, could this be an anti-virus software problem/cookies/ or specific VPN companies or connections?  Windows version the same (check), using Chrome or another browser that has been successful for some (check).  Would be nice to have what anti-virus software, being used, are cookies on in your browser, and whose VPN (if using one) to try and diagnose.

Other suggestions:

• Try different browsers. For me neither Chrome or Firefox worked, but Safari does.
  • Turn off any VPN.
  • Only complete the required fields.
  • Use the dropdown if it is an option for a field, and use the popup calendar to select date.
  • Check the calendar. You cannot do ONLINE reporting earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date. If the 15 days falls on a weekend or holiday, you might have to wait until the next work day. 

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Given what I am hearing, could this be an anti-virus software problem/cookies/ or specific VPN companies or connections?  Windows version the same (check), using Chrome or another browser that has been successful for some (check).  Would be nice to have what anti-virus software, being used, are cookies on in your browser, and whose VPN (if using one) to try and diagnose.

I use an I-Mac, no VPN or anti-virus. Tried all the browsers. Followed all instructions to the letter. Still get told to go into the office. I think it's a simple matter that their system is f***ed up. After all, TIT.

If going in person is a problem, mail it in.

13 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Only works if you use Google Chrome. I did my 90-day report on Jan 5, 2021 after renewing my Retirement Visa in late December, and it worked fine, but ONLY on Google Chrome.

Firefox works ok for me.

• Like 1

This is off topic, but I sometimes wonder about the original intent, or purpose, of 90 day reporting online.

If 90 day reporting is to confirm that you are still in Thailand, alive, and at the same address, reporting in person might presumably do this. Reporting online could be done from anywhere in Thailand (or the world for that matter) and by anyone with the correct log-in information. So reporting online seems to defeat the purpose.

Of course, you could ask why anyone would want to 'cheat' on their 90 day reporting. What would be the point?

Logic would seem to lead to the conclusion that 90 day reporting is pointless and a waste of everyone's time and resources. But I guess we all know that!

I've successfully processed my 90 day report online before but as soon as something changed, for instance, a change to apartment address (TM30) or a new TM6 from an overseas flight then the system craps itself and rejects with that same message.

I had to visit IO to manually report 'for the first time under the changed info' and then the online system worked again for me until the next change of details.