Twitter permanently suspends Trump's account, cites 'incitement of violence' risk

rooster59

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This is actually a big deal.  Twitter was Trump's primary vehicle to spread lies and attack people.  Without it, he's practically impotent.  Yes, it should have been done sooner, but better late than never.  Besides, if Trump was still President, he'd have several avenues to go after Twitter and other media companies.  As an ex-President, he's can't do much. 

I don't agree.  Trump is still head of the GOP and has millions of clueless followers who treat him like an idol.  He's not going away any time soon.  Sadly.

Great article to read, explains a lot.

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2021/01/09/the-terrible-scenes-on-capitol-hill-illustrate-how-donald-trump-has-changed-his-party

7 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't agree.  Trump is still head of the GOP and has millions of clueless followers who treat him like an idol.  He's not going away any time soon.  Sadly.

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2021/01/09/the-terrible-scenes-on-capitol-hill-illustrate-how-donald-trump-has-changed-his-party

Time will tell.  The reason most in the GOP fear Trump is they fear his base.  What's his base?  It's mostly his 88 million Twitter followers.  Think about it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Time will tell.  The reason most in the GOP fear Trump is they fear his base.  What's his base?  It's mostly his 88 million Twitter followers.  Think about it.

Do you realy think those 88 millions is his fan, or mostly a diverse group who follow for political reasons also opponements as those who is there for the entertainment as curiosity ? 

I doupt his true blod fan base is that great, but I might be wrong. Two million blood fans, can do alot of harm for sure. 

37 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Shame they didn't do so a long time ago. God knows how many mistruths have been told through it and picked up by his followers.

Thing is before retaliation was something they would have to be worried about. Even when wrong and breaking the rules Trump could have done something with his presidential powers. Now its sure that this loser (ellection) will be gone soon they have the balls to do so.

Here's Twitter's official statement:

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

Oh the mother of all tantrums poor Donald must be beside himself in rage how else can he play the victim his thumbs may fall off oh dear they have also restricted his access to the nuclear (foot ball)imo he has been neutered 

I prefer the word castrated..

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Did you tell the people who are the co chairs of the  GOP? 

Chairwoman - Ronna McDaniel          Co-Chair- Thomas Hicks Jr.

4 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Did you tell the people who are the co chairs of the  GOP? 

Chairwoman - Ronna McDaniel          Co-Chair- Thomas Hicks Jr.

Trump is the head of the GOP.  No denying that.  Hopefully, they get control back and restore the party to what it was 30 years ago.  Traditionally conservative, ala William F. Buckley.