Pattaya: Beautification of Walking Street begins TODAY - just as pubs and bars can reopen

webfact

Pattaya: Beautification of Walking Street begins TODAY - just as pubs and bars can reopen

4pm1.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

Work will begin today on the beautification of Walking Street, Pattaya with the start of cable burying.

It coincides with the easing of restrictions in Pattaya after the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic abated. 

Pubs and bars will be allowed to open up to 11 pm. 

A meeting last week presided over by the mayor Sontaya Khunpluem and Thanu Surachaisikhawit from the PEA explained to operators in the red light area what it would all mean.

One of the main inconveniences will be the installation of a big box. Exactly where this is was not explained in the We Love Pattaya story that reported earlier news about the start of the work today.

The mayor has said Walking Street will be beautiful as a result of the work that will continue all this year. 

It was beset with delays after a plan to run the wires in a drainage pipe became the subject of review. 

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-01

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

The big, man size, cream coloured, boxes are something to do with controlling the electrics, methinks, and will be placed one every 16 metres or so. I saw something about it on YouTube, but forget exactly which channel. Owners were worried about placement, I supppose nobody wants a big box stuck outside their establishment, also whether they could personalise them with stickers and what have you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nausea said:

The big, man size, cream coloured, boxes are something to do with controlling the electrics, methinks, and will be placed one every 16 metres or so. I saw something about it on YouTube, but forget exactly which channel. Owners were worried about placement, I supppose nobody wants a big box stuck outside their establishment, also whether they could personalise them with stickers and what have you.

These new boxes are briefly mentioned around the 3:30 mark in this video 

• Thanks 1

I'm still sniggering about the Police raid on Pattaya's famous walking street. Allegedly they investigated with a thoroughness that would put Sherlock Holmes to shame and found nary a trace of prostitution anywhere!

I'm not sure that changing the electricity distribution system will change much else about walking street!

Anyway, Walking Street has a long ways to go to match this rat's nest in Chiang Mai!

Berts cables.jpg

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for posting the video.

What it is I'm still not sure (it's obviously not an 'alternator' as the narrator suggested).

Is it some cross-connection point? Why do they need these anyway?

Other countries don't have these boxes 'every sixteen metres' - all the cables are underground and feed to each building via a tee-off in the ground, going to the meter at each premises.

Exactly.......Nobody puts above ground boxes every 16 meters ANYWHERE.....The question is what is their purpose?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

Thought the sea side was being pulled down for encroachment

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: They just say that every couple of years. Does it give someone in charge the opportunity to earn 'income' from the encroachers by saying it?

About twenty years ago (IIRC) it was once again' all coming down' and the military got involved. They dismantled one token building. That was it.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

bout twenty years ago (IIRC) it was once again' all coming down' and the military got involved. They dismantled one token building. That was it.

Was that not a hotel  with a few extra floors, or some residence building over the canal, neither being anything to do with the 101 businesses?