International Criminal Court says it has jurisdiction in Palestinian territories

rooster59

42 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How's life in the Occupied Territories, Mr Ezzra? Who killed Yasser Arafat?

Ask his widow.  He was almost 62 years  when he married a woman almost 35 years younger.  He left a widow very rich living the Issan dream, I think. . She has beautiful homes in Malta and France.  No living with the common people for her.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How's life in the Occupied Territories, Mr Ezzra? Who killed Yasser Arafat?

What do you know about ' life in the occupied territories" huh? beyond what you read from bias antisemitic sources? fro your information, the ICC has authorized the spacial prosecutor to indict all, Hamas, the Palestinians and the Israelis on war crimes charges. it pays to read up and learn before making irresponsible snide remarks...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

I have never been an anti-Semite, but that vile blockade killer tactic by which they push the people of Gaza to the brink of despair.

And this is the LIFE in the occupied territories, Mr. Pattongo; Currently 95% of the water is not drinkable, they only have access to 4 hours of electricity a day and the unemployment rate is 45% without the ability to move freely to other areas.  The Palestinian State has little chance of survival to defend their land.

I hope that this Lady Prosecutor manages to accuse Israel of war crimes, once and for all.

The proposed ICC investigation is not concerned with the blockade on the Gaza Strip as such. And to be clear, the blockade is maintained by Egypt as well.

I would suggest educating oneself before posting - life in the West Bank is not quite the same as life in the Gaza Strip. Also, the two areas have separate leaderships with different agenda, policies and attitudes - if you feel this got nothing to do with the situation in the Gaza Strip, we'll have to disagree. There is no Palestinian State as such, at this time. And even what is is divided between the two leaderships.

Those not invested in Israel bashing would notice that the investigation also mentions war crimes by the Hamas.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

International Criminal Court says it has jurisdiction in Palestinian territories

President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told the ICC what they can do with their jurisdiction...I suggest the Israelis do likewise. 

U.S. blacklists ICC prosecutor over Afghanistan war crimes probe

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States...imposed sanctions on International Criminal Court prosecutor Fatou Bensouda...over her investigation into whether American forces committed war crimes in Afghanistan. https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-icc-sanctions-int/u-s-blacklists-icc-prosecutor-over-afghanistan-war-crimes-probe-idUSKBN25T2EB

Trump Administration Sanctions ICC Prosecutor Investigating Alleged U.S. War Crimes

The Trump Administration has leveled sanctions against the International Criminal Court's chief prosecutor, who is investigating allegations that U.S. troops committed war crimes in Afghanistan. https://www.npr.org/2020/09/02/908896108/trump-administration-sanctions-icc-prosecutor-investigating-alleged-u-s-war-crim

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Interesting you think Israel should not be investigated. Are they above the law? Free to do what they want?

Never said that, if you read my post you will see that all parties Israel, the Palestinians and the Hamas will be investigated...

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

The proposed ICC investigation is not concerned with the blockade on the Gaza Strip as such. And to be clear, the blockade is maintained by Egypt as well.

I would suggest educating oneself before posting - life in the West Bank is not quite the same as life in the Gaza Strip. Also, the two areas have separate leaderships with different agenda, policies and attitudes - if you feel this got nothing to do with the situation in the Gaza Strip, we'll have to disagree. There is no Palestinian State as such, at this time. And even what is is divided between the two leaderships.

Those not invested in Israel bashing would notice that the investigation also mentions war crimes by the Hamas.

That’s right about Hamas, but I have my own criteria and point of view very clear, especially when it comes to humanitarian issues.  If the United Nations recognizes the borders, logically there is a Palestinian State even if it lacks independence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarteso said:

That’s right about Hamas, but I have my own criteria and point of view very clear, especially when it comes to humanitarian issues.  If the United Nations recognizes the borders, logically there is a Palestinian State even if it lacks independence. 

About 200 countries already recognize a palestinian state, which is good.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Morch said:

Wasted breath trying to educate people with build in hatred and preconceived ideas and notions that Israel and the jews are always the evil one and the Palestinians are the poor underdogs.. and there are no shortage of them in this forum...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Wasted breath on people with build in hatred and preconceived ideas and notion that Israel is always the evil one and the Palestinians are the poor under dogs.. and there are no shortage of them in this forum...

You think palestinians have the upper hand?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So the answer is no.

But we do know Israel does.

No, the answer was what it was. If they could, they would. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Rings a bell? Also, many among them do not recognize any of the land as being Israel anyway.

I think you're aware of my views regarding the Israeli occupation, and if not, maybe the 'illegal' bit in a post above would give a clue.

44 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Well I guess they need to throw a few more rocks at the Israeli Apache helicopters, they might gain an edge, what do you think?

One stone at a time, eh? Again, what you post goes toward the Palestinian being unable to fulfill such wishes, not that they do not have them.

19 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So thats a good thing right? And all should comply with the investigation.

If the investigation is seen as even-handed or legitimate, yes. Or, for that matter, if parties acknowledge the court's authority to begin with.

With Israel, such compliance is relatively straightforward (if it was to happen, that is). With the Palestinian side, not so much. Hamas does not answer to the Palestinian Authority, and there's no mechanism in place to apply court rulings regarding the Hamas.