Vaccination = no quarantine?

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Have there been any developments on this? Or just one of those ideas that was floated and probably won't come to fruition? 

Cheers 

Still up in the air... as having a vaccine does not mean you cannot carry the infection and transfer it to others?

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Have there been any developments on this? Or just one of those ideas that was floated and probably won't come to fruition? 

Cheers 

Once the majority of Thais have been vaccinated a quarantine for incoming persons is probably not required anymore.

People who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to quarantine if they are exposed to the corona-virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday in updated guidance on its website.

In the updated guidance, the CDC said such quarantining is not necessary for fully vaccinated people within three months of having received their last doses as long as they do not develop any symptoms. "Fully vaccinated" means that at least two weeks have passed since a person has received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine.

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

People who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to quarantine if they are exposed to the corona-virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday in updated guidance on its website.

In the updated guidance, the CDC said such quarantining is not necessary for fully vaccinated people within three months of having received their last doses as long as they do not develop any symptoms. "Fully vaccinated" means that at least two weeks have passed since a person has received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine.

Great but the CDC is an American agency, not Thai.

Can't seeing this being anything but a cluster you-know-what here in Thailand. There would have to be agreement on which vaccines would be approved and how to verify the person has been vaccinated.  Further, the ASQ crowd is making big money off of the quarantine requirements.  Look at how messed up the insurance for retirement visa issues still is.  Just my 2 baht worth.

To be fair the idea has been floated all around the world but as to the effectiveness no one

is sure so not actually approved at this time.

The only problem I see  letting  "Vac holders" in without any form of Q time who still could be carriers & have picked it up say on the flight.

The jury is still out

6 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Can't seeing this being anything but a cluster you-know-what here in Thailand. There would have to be agreement on which vaccines would be approved and how to verify the person has been vaccinated.  Further, the ASQ crowd is making big money off of the quarantine requirements.  Look at how messed up the insurance for retirement visa issues still is.  Just my 2 baht worth.

Plus I wonder where I can buy a fake vaccine certificate, no doubt already printed and on sale.

There is no immediate plans to eliminate the quarantine. there was a plan to reduce it to seven days but that got shelved with the second wave in the USA and Europe . but with vaccinations being administered in Europe ,the US , China and other countries, they are preparing for a vaccine passport that will allow vaccinated people to travel without restrictions or fewer restrictions. It is a wait and see, I think by this spring we will have a clearer picture. 

My personal opinion is that they should eliminate the requirement for covid insurance for those vaccinated for obvious reasons.  

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Plus I wonder where I can buy a fake vaccine certificate, no doubt already printed and on sale.

Going rate in London £150.  

Hospital in Bangladesh was busted for selling thousands of fake immunization cards for ~£50 each.

Seems immigrant laborers will be " vaccinated" long before local folk will!

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Still up in the air... as having a vaccine does not mean you cannot carry the infection and transfer it to others?

Possibly a valid medical observation but irrelevant to the practical issue. It has been obvious since at least last summer that the vaccines were going to be the narrative the governments needed to re-open their countries, regardless of their precise efficiency in preventing the illness or their ability to reduce transmission.

As it happens, the vaccines have turned out to be surprisingly effective in both preventing the illness and in reducing transmissibility to around 37%.

That's more than good enough to give them the greenlight to restart their economies. All the nonsense about not risking a single life was always just rhetoric. Anyone with any common sense knows that this is the game plan.

On 2/11/2021 at 4:12 AM, Kelsall said:

The money the ASQs are making needs to be balanced against the money they could make from tourists who aren't coming due to the quarantine. Hopefully they will move towards the latter.

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Vaccines won’t stop the spread, it only reduces the damage to your own body.

We have 75% population vaccinated and after 30 days, we’re now back in lockdown, because they don’t really know.

It’s a total mess, this will run for the next 5-10 years, vaccines booster yearly will be required.

After 5 years Int tourism will be dead.

There are some studies that suggest some of the vaccines may reduce transmission. It's too early to be sure but some may reduce the spread as well as giving some protection to you.

There's no guarantee that in 5-10 years we won't still need a booster as we do with flu. It seems unlikely we'll get rid of covid completely but if we can control it then tourism may recover.

Archived