Myanmar junta leader asks Thai counterpart for help on democracy

snoop1130

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, who himself first seized power in a coup, said on Wednesday

You've got the guns and the tanks, you've seized control of the trough, it's worked for us for 7 years, what are you worried about? :jap:

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1

Doesn't this fellow follow the news? If you want to claim an election was fraudulent in order to meet your goal, you need to shout "election was stolen" over and over, on all mediums, especially Twitter. Post examples of suitcases full of tainted ballots, observers prevented from observing. Never mind that all this is proven false -- the mindless masses of morons will only latch onto the stolen aspect. Then, puffing up their pot belies and putting on red hats, they'll storm parliament. Then, instead of a coup, you'll have a people's revolution to correct a stolen election -- with never an utterance of the word 'coup.'

Gosh, don't Burmese generals keep apace of world events?

On 2/10/2021 at 5:24 PM, khunpa said:

Taking power by force and then seeking advice about democracy from someone who did the same... LOL! 

I don’t even have words...

I suspect that the Myanmar tyrant wants to copy the Thai version of military control in the future.  After all, Prayuth managed to win an election in Thailand.  No military candidate in Myanmar has the charisma to get elected dog catcher in a fair election.

Democracy in Thailand is basically an oxymoron!

Q: "Hello, Thai guy?  I'm the General next door who just took over Myanmar.  What's the skinny with all this democracy I hear about?  You guys have any of that?  Is there a spray or vaccine or something that I can use to keep that from getting out of control?"

A: "Burma Boy, don't sweat it!  Just wear clothes that aren't army green when you go to the office and blow smoke in their faces.  Get a new haircut.  Oh, and about that next shipment of meth ..."

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

I suspect that the Myanmar tyrant wants to copy the Thai version of military control in the future.  After all, Prayuth managed to win an election in Thailand.  No military candidate in Myanmar has the charisma to get elected dog catcher in a fair election.

Democracy in Thailand is basically an oxymoron!

Prayuth "winning" an election is a bit of a stretch.... 

12 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Perception is the truth!  It looked like he won an election, therefore he did!  The Myanmar oligarchs want the same!

Only to some, at the time it was probably OK, but the  use-by date has now well expired - for many. 

That is a bit like asking a Nebraska farmer for help on raising salmon, or asking the average Thai person to teach you how to drive, or asking a coal miner to help you with the structural engineering of a bridge. 

Edited by spidermike007