Proof of Residency form for Drivers LIcense

Go to immigration and request one. They have the form there. Typically, for the first ever one, you need the form signed by the landlord, his signed id photocopy and sometimes the tabien baan (blue book)  copy.

Otherwise, if you are in the system, they should use the registered version. Every office is different. sigh

• Like 1

Local Immigration office issues them. You will need a couple of passport pictures, and your paperwork regarding where you stay. 

I believe the cost varies where you live, but here in Hua Hin I was charged a thousand for each one for my 5 year renewal, whereas other provinces it was a few hundred.

28 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Local Immigration office issues them. You will need a couple of passport pictures, and your paperwork regarding where you stay. 

I believe the cost varies where you live, but here in Hua Hin I was charged a thousand for each one for my 5 year renewal, whereas other provinces it was a few hundred.

Correct 200baht at MTT. Surely 1000 is over the top.

Never heard of pictures. Must be Hua Hin thing.

Your most recent 90 address is important at some offices. The OP is Sumutprakran. Perhaps someone that deals with that office can advise.

OP be aware that for your actual TDL you might wish to check out your office.

In bkk there is quota # per day.

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Phuket , they try an ask for 300 baht, ( not the immigration guy but an assistant) but if you stand ur ground... its free

13 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

For MTT, if you're already in their system because your landlord filed a TM30, do you need to bring proof of address?

No need it you have the name used to do it.

But you do need to be doing 90 day reports to apply for one.

4 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

If you're renewing both a car & motorcycle license, do you need 2 Proof of Residency certificates?

Obtained both car and bike at Chatuchak recently. I applied for ONE COR at MTT and provided 2 copies for car and bike licence.

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I've just renewed my licences using my Yellow Tabien Baan - free.

Yes, so far, yellow tabian ban was enough for everything related with residence 

not enough for driving licence ( renewal ) ? Rules have changed  ?

50 minutes ago, Aforek said:
7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I've just renewed my licences using my Yellow Tabien Baan - free.

Yes, so far, yellow tabian ban was enough for everything related with residence 

not enough for driving licence ( renewal ) ? Rules have changed  ?

Yellow Tabien Baan works for renewing a driving licence at ‘nearly’ all DLT’s - I think Chonburi area are the only DLT’s which do not accept the Yellow Tabien Baan for some inexplicable reason - Probably a misinterpretation of the regulations carried forward through legacy and copying each other instead of learning the rules. 

No rule changes. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, natway09 said:

My Embassy kindly sends me one.

Less hassle than Immigration

Very nice for you. Which Embassy posts you an Affirmation of Residence document ?

How do they verify your address ? (e-mailed copies of a utility bill etc ?)

How much does that cost ? 

The UK Embassy charge approximately 2500 baht for an Affirmation of Residence Document (just one copy - it’d double if you need two issued at the same time !) - a total rip off. 

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very nice for you. Which Embassy posts you an Affirmation of Residence document ?

The UK Embassy charge approximately 2500 baht for an Affirmation of Residence Document (just one copy - it’d double if you need two issued at the same time !) - a total rip off. 

Exactly. Was thinking same re all your questions.

Previously the AU embassy charged perhaps shade more. 

As per typical of Oz embassy they do not offer this service anymore. Staff found it boring perhaps.

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Once i got one from the Swiss embassy, no verification needed, they just used the adress which i gave them. Very expensive. Later on i got certificates of residence from IO's of Hat Yai, Nakhon Pathom and Samut Sakhon, they were all free of charge.

12 minutes ago, swissbie said:

Once i got one from the Swiss embassy, no verification needed, they just used the adress which i gave them.

Reminds me of the "income letters" that usa, uk and au stopped issuing. Not worth the paper they are written on.

• Confused 1

In Khon Kaen when I renewed my 5 year licence in November I had to go to the DLT first and get a letter from them to give to immigration stating the reason for the residency certificate. Has the rules changed again or do you still need that letter from the DLT first.

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

In Khon Kaen when I renewed my 5 year licence in November I had to go to the DLT first and get a letter from them to give to immigration stating the reason for the residency certificate. Has the rules changed again or do you still need that letter from the DLT first.

Just another example of rubbish differences at various immigration offices. The letter you refer to is just more rubbish.

I'm currently renting a condo via Airbnb, and I would like to get a proof of residency so that I can buy a bike. The girl managing the condo (renting it out via Airbnb) is not the owner, and I believe the owner is out of country. How would I pursue this? What documents would I need? Jomtien Immigration. 

Edit: I downloaded the template "APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND" and it's pretty straight forward. Surely I can fill this out, and the agent will help me with the adress details on point. 

What documents would I need to "support" the document and make it valid? Let's assume I have passport, TM6, Visa, Thai Driving License and spare photographs. 

Thanks guys! ????

Edited by aldriglikvid

15 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm currently renting a condo via Airbnb, and I would like to get a proof of residency so that I can buy a bike. The girl managing the condo (renting it out via Airbnb) is not the owner, and I believe the owner is out of country. How would I pursue this? What documents would I need? Jomtien Immigration. 

Edit: I downloaded the template "APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND" and it's pretty straight forward. Surely I can fill this out, and the agent will help me with the adress details on point. 

What documents would I need to "support" the document and make it valid? Let's assume I have passport, TM6, Visa, Thai Driving License and spare photographs. 

Thanks guys! ????

Which immigration office are you dealing with.

BTW have you filed a 90 day address report previously. 

Edit just noticed you stated Jomtien

Edited by DrJack54