SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, robblok said:

You only like democracy and voting if you can't lose. Your deadly afraid that your Brexit vote could have been the beginning of the end of the Uk

Where is your evidence for that or are you making it up?

Of course the UK could ignore the result, depends a bit what kind of referendum it is. If its a non binding one like in my country and with a really low vote percentage (32% or so in of the vote you refer to in the Netherlands so only 32% people turned up to vote)

A convenient excuse that only a certain number turned up. That is democracy. people have the choice to vote or not but governments should not have the choice to change the result. That isn't democracy.

The same with Ireland and its referendums.

Every member can leave if they want, Brexit proved that. Bit strange your remark.

Really, when you have the likes of Junker and other Presidents of the EU (there are so many in the EU you can lose track) actively now wanting referendums. What is strange that you seem to be indicating that the EU is a democracy and has no hold over the countries, in keeping them in the EU. Very strange indeed.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Where is your evidence for that or are you making it up?

A convenient excuse that only a certain number turned up. That is democracy. people have the choice to vote or not but governments should not have the choice to change the result. That isn't democracy.

The same with Ireland and its referendums.

Really, when you have the likes of Junker and other Presidents of the EU (there are so many in the EU you can lose track) actively now wanting referendums. What is strange that you seem to be indicating that the EU is a democracy and has no hold over the countries, in keeping them in the EU. Very strange indeed.

It still does not sink.into your head because you just dont want to know. It was a non binding referendum. It was an advising one. Had it been a binding referendum then they had to obey. Now taking into account the low turnout they  knew it was not too important for the people. 

Its the governments that keep them.in the EU. The citizen don't mind otherwise they would vote differently. Brexit proves your talking b s. If there are enough people that want to leave it can't be stopped. Every 4 years people can vote. People can also demand a referendum but not though have most countries voters are smarter then the Brexit voters.

Anyone with half a brain sees the economic advantages. 

Anyway study what the difference is between a binding and advising referendum. You might learn something.

Give the scots their chance if you dont worry. Watch te UK being destroyed as a result of Brexit.

The reason so many Brexiteers are against it is that they really fear losing Scotland knowing it was Brexit that was the catalyst. 

They worry that their vote leads to an even smaller weaker UK. Knowing how history will record this painting them as fools. Plus if they leave its even harder to see Brexit as a good deal and they will never forget it.

Proof is in this forum with mainly Brexiteers being against this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

It still does not sink.into your head because you just dont want to know. It was a non binding referendum. It was an advising one. Had it been a binding referendum then they had to obey. Now taking into account the low turnout they  knew it was not too important for the people. 

Its the governments that keep them.in the EU. The citizen don't mind otherwise they would vote differently. Brexit proves your talking b s. If there are enough people that want to leave it can't be stopped. Every 4 years people can vote. People can also demand a referendum but not though have most countries voters are smarter then the Brexit voters.

Anyway study what the difference is between a binding and advising referendum. You might learn something.

Give the scots their chance if you dont worry. Watch te UK being destroyed as a result of Brexit.

The reason so many Brexiteers are against it is that they really fear losing Scotland knowing it was Brexit that was the catalyst. 

They worry that their vote leads to an even smaller weaker UK. Knowing how history will record this painting them as fools. Plus if they leave its even harder to see Brexit as a good deal and they will never forget it.

"most countries voters are smarter then the Brexit voters."

"You might learn something."

"Anyone with half a brain sees the economic advantages."

You take patronizing to a higher level Rob.

"The reason so many Brexiteers are against it is that they really fear losing Scotland knowing it was Brexit that was the catalyst."

Strangely enough the Scots are againgst it too, it is only the Scottish Nationalists and the Euros, oh and a couple of befuddled anti unionists that want to force a referendum againgst the wishes of the Scots and we all know the reason for that don't we Rob.

Just now, sandyf said:

You really do have your head in the sand. 

Today, the North East has one of the highest concentration of Polish nationals with three per cent of the population of Aberdeen recorded as white Polish, the same proportion of Edinburgh. The figure for Scotland is 1.2 per cent.

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/scotland-and-poland-500-year-relationship-1479958

Scotland did not turn on it's own, and headlines like this have fueled the animosity and the desire to get out of the UK

Britain's Polish community has been left shocked by incidents of hate crime reported since the British referendum to leave the EU.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36656348

Whataboutery raises its ugly head again, we had it all day yesterday the Scots Nats just cannot and indeed will not accept that the Scots do not, repeat, do not want independence. The Scots Nats on here seem to live their lives by opinion polls but when the polls start to freefall, not a dicky we hear from them.

There has been 5 or 6 polls now showing a decisive no to independence also another poll showing that the SNP will not get a majority in Mays elections, the Scots are beginning to realise what a corrupt "movement" the SNP are, the independence boat has sailed and hopefully the nasty SNP will sink to the bottom of the ocean where it belongs.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

You keep saying the Scots are against it but you dont want a vote seems like your lying.

And you are still insulting, I do not lie, where is your evidence that the Scots want another referendum and a answer without insult or patronizing would be much appreciated.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

As expected and quite typically a quiet rude response.

The quote function is not working so i have to reply this way.

"Anyone with half a brain sees the economic advantages". 

It could also be argued that anyone with half a brain can see the economic advantage being rid from the EU shackles but does require a mind that is one that is not narrow minded and brainwashed.

"Give the scots their chance if you don't worry"

I have mentioned numerous times that I believe the Scots will remain, again. Not ever have I said do not give them a vote even though they voted not so long ago.  Why do you want the a union over 400 years old broken up.  Your constant anti British rhetoric is sickening.

"The reason so many Brexiteers are against it is that they really fear losing Scotland knowing it was Brexit that was the catalyst."

Again your belief with no evidence.

"Proof is in this forum with mainly Brexiteers being against this."

Again baseless and just your belief. Come up with the stats or say its your belief only, as there is no proof at all.

"Anyway study what the difference is between a binding and advising referendum. You might learn something".

Your arrogance knows no bounds does it..

You obsession with the anti British threads is astounding. Did a Brit throw gravy on your chips or something.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets put both our evidence to the test a vote. But you seem reluctant to agree that the scots have a vote. It might be as you say it might not be. But let them have their chance. 

I don't even know if it makes economic sense to do so. Lots of things to debate but we should not debate on the fact that they should be granted the right to vote.

Pure waffle, there is overwhelming evidence to show that the Scots do not want yet another referendum, the most people that want Scotland to have a referendum are the Euros, now why would that be I wonder and there are no prizes for guessing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Hurrah !!! We believe in the polls again !

When you live by the gun, you must understand you may have to die by the gun, you cannot complain just because they are in freefall, you separatists have set this precedence.????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

When you live by the gun, you must understand you may have to die by the gun, you cannot complain just because they are in freefall, you separatists have set this precedence.????

Then you should have nothing to worry about with a referendum then.

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Then you should have nothing to worry about with a referendum then.

Doesn't 2014 ring a bell.

It is just like my next door neighbour asking my eldest son Troy if he would go down to 7/11 and get me some Thai fish sauce and Troy would say 'but my dad doesn't like fish sauce' and Tong my next door neighbour saying 'it doesn't matter, get him some anyway'. Can you see the similarities between Tong and yourself, complete waste of time?????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

One day you will come to realise that brexit came after 2014, not before.

And maybe one day you might stop blaming all your trials and tribulations on Brexit, one of your founding members Arthur Donaldson later to become the leader of the SNP was seeking independence in 1939 and the lengths he was prepared to go to get it doesn't even bear thinking about. 

Edited by vogie
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Vogie that is possibly the worst analogy I have ever seen.

But fish sauce so OK here we go.

Imagine I want to go down to 7/11 and get some fish sauce. My neighbor says "No. You cant have any fish sauce. You had fish sauce in 2014". 

If you had fish sauce in 2014 I seriously think you would ever want fish sauce again. But to complete your analogy, if your wife said to you in 2014, you can have fish sauce but remember it is a once in a lifetime fish sauce, that should be the end of the matter.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Did he ever have a British passport?

Did he ever say he considered himself Scottish?

A. How the hell am I supposed to know that?

B. How the hell am I supposed to know that?

His ancestors were all Scots, he was born in Scotland and he spent the first 8 years of his life in Scotland and that makes him a Scot in my book when it comes to ancestry. 

Theres a difference between ancestry and citizenship! 

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Is what my wife said legally binding? If its not then its just an opinion or throwaway remark.

Like dead in a ditch or over my dead body.

Helter Skelter.

"When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again"

• Haha 1