State Quarantine Will Be Shortened to 10 Days

rooster59

2 hours ago, starky said:

No one knows what the upper limits are could be a year or longer but what they are saying with utmost confidence is you almost certainly have 3 months of immunity. This is based around clinical trials and as the vaccine hasn't been around long even the first people to receive it have only been immune 4 months at the upper limits. 

Clinical trials of the AZ vaccine started almost a year ago (April 2020) in the UK. Initial results from the testing of those first groups suggest at least a year of immunity.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, impulse said:

And they won't really be tourists.  It'll be the guys who have property and jobs and families in Thailand they want to get back to. 

And I'm not suggesting they'll be skint, but if they have properties and family, they won't be spending the kind of money a tourist on holiday spends.  For them, that novelty wore off years ago.

However thy will spend more money spread over the year than the 2 week tourist, just not in the tourist areas.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, ICELANDMAN said:
On 3/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, NanLaew said:

I will be convinced you've "found other places closer and less painful to do long hours of flight" when you actually go and do it.

A total of six of my friends have re-entered Thailand in the past six weeks, three from the UK, two from the US and one from Indonesia. They all commented how easy it was to organize and especially how efficiently they were processed on arrival. No whining, gloomy, Thai-bashing ball ache involved.

I think your friends lived just in hell at their house so every place was great to escape, weird my friends don't have too cozy their prison in Bangkok

You don't know my friends circumstances and I don't wish to know your friends circumstances. I was responding to your primary ball ache about "...a mountain of documents to fill in..." which clearly isn't the case with the CoE, ASQ and flight bookings are all done online.

Personally, I'm looking forward to leaving this parochial wee backwater shortly. Then, after three or four months of work and family visits, I will be looking forward to coming back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Clinical trials of the AZ vaccine started almost a year ago (April 2020) in the UK. Initial results from the testing of those first groups suggest at least a year of immunity.

Indeed it does suggest that. But a public announcement saying the company believes that to be true is not the same as a suggestion. Also if astrazeneca was the only vaccine and we were all to be inoculated soon all good.

But its not and we won't so ill stand by my statements regarding why people far smarter than me have recommended 3 months as "guaranteed" immunity window.

Edited by starky

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

From this mornings BBC News website.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56477291

The number of daily Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in the UK has hit a record high for a third consecutive day.

A combined total of 844,285 first or second doses were given on Saturday, up from 711,157 on Friday.

On Twitter, Prime Minister Boris Johnson thanked "everyone involved".

More than 27.6 million people in the UK - more than half the adult population - have now received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Hope I am wrong but I fear some of the jab stations will become a permanent feature as annual booster vacs will be needed to mitigate virus mutations .

• Like 1

We have now entered the time of the year when most people will book their holidays ( especially those who work in large companies that have holiday shutdown weeks ) and with the virus pandemic future being uncertain and quarantine laws changing weekly , I cannot expect many overseas holidays this year or next year . There will of course be guys who want to see their Asian families , that is if airlines continue to operate  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

From this mornings BBC News website.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56477291

The number of daily Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in the UK has hit a record high for a third consecutive day.

A combined total of 844,285 first or second doses were given on Saturday, up from 711,157 on Friday.

On Twitter, Prime Minister Boris Johnson thanked "everyone involved".

More than 27.6 million people in the UK - more than half the adult population - have now received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Again fantastic. But being 4th in the world overall in cases and 5rh overall for covid deaths and saying you did "terribly well" as an island is more to the point of my post. 

Would hate to imagine what didn't do well looked like.

Edited by starky
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, superal said:

We have now entered the time of the year when most people will book their holidays ( especially those who work in large companies that have holiday shutdown weeks ) and with the virus pandemic future being uncertain and quarantine laws changing weekly , I cannot expect many overseas holidays this year or next year . There will of course be guys who want to see their Asian families , that is if airlines continue to operate  

The world Should change because of COVID, however some people think they can go back to normal, visiting other countries at the drop of a hat.

They didn’t realize what they could be bringing back home along with Cheap Booze and Ciggy’s

Its time to change people, the world has moved on

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

The world Should change because of COVID, however some people think they can go back to normal, visiting other countries at the drop of a hat.

They didn’t realize what they could be bringing back home along with Cheap Booze and Ciggy’s

Its time to change people, the world has moved on

Such a simple concept but apparently so hard to grasp. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

Again fantastic. But being 4th in the world overall in cases and 5rh overall for covid deaths and saying you did "terribly well" as an island is more to the point of my post. 

Would hate to imagine what didn't do well looked like.

Try looking at Thailand's Covid response if you want to see  what didn't do well looked like.

Despite all the reassurance given by the government, they are reactive and not proactive, they don't do mass testing unlike the UK (who got off to a terrible start last year).

OTOH the UK seems to have turned itself around and is getting far better now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, polpott said:

I've looked for any information about how long the immunity lasts and I can't find anything from the companies involved that suggest immunity will last a year but some of their sites can be complicated so I may have missed it. All other results say that due to the time the vaccine has been widely available 3 to 4 months is a reliable time frame at the moment.

My assumption is that this is such a big undertaking that the early trials were focussed on safety and initial effectiveness and then the issue of any mutations which were significant in terms of needing a variation of the vaccine. The length of time a vaccine is effective can be better judged in the real world as there are a far greater numbers and safety isn't an issue. It seems likely that a year is going to be the time frame but if it is just 4 to 5 months then there's not much we can do about that until first vaccines are sorted.

email from 2nd Hotel

Sorry for your inconvenience caused. Right now still quarantine 16 days 15 nights due we have no official document from Thai Government about duration reduce 

Firstly you can book with a paid deposit 50% (booking flexible for amendment) before your arrival I will update about duration quarantine again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bolt said:

email from 2nd Hotel

Sorry for your inconvenience caused. Right now still quarantine 16 days 15 nights due we have no official document from Thai Government about duration reduce 

Firstly you can book with a paid deposit 50% (booking flexible for amendment) before your arrival I will update about duration quarantine again.

Hmmm, keep them coming.  interested to see what the 10 day and 7 day price is compared to the 15 day.  Also, do we know if you can use the facilities (pool etc) on day 1 or only on day 3/4?

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

However thy will spend more money spread over the year than the 2 week tourist, just not in the tourist areas.

That's true.  But money spread over months and months isn't going to fuel an economic recovery in the tourism arena.  That's going to take 2 week holidaymakers.  Millions of them.  And none of them are coming if they have to spend even a week of that in quarantine. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What’s the difference between an ALQ and an ASQ Hotel ?

SQ - State Quarantine (Free for Thai’s only, allocated on arrival)

ASQ - Alternate State Quarantine (Paid, initially the quarantine offer to foreigners) 

SLQ - State Local Quarantine (Free for Thai’s only - in ‘other locations outside of Bangkok)

ALQ - Alternate Local Quaratine (Paid, for foreigners - in ‘other locations outside of Bangkok)

(note - Thai’s can also pay for ASQ and ALQ if they wish to chose their own hotel etc)

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, superal said:

Hope I am wrong but I fear some of the jab stations will become a permanent feature as annual booster vacs will be needed to mitigate virus mutations .

It will likely be administered at your GP along with the yearly flu shot and and in pharmacies if you don’t go see a doctor. At least that is probably what the US will do. 

11 hours ago, impulse said:

That's true.  But money spread over months and months isn't going to fuel an economic recovery in the tourism arena.  That's going to take 2 week holidaymakers.  Millions of them.  And none of them are coming if they have to spend even a week of that in quarantine. 

At this point, they should take money any way they can get it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scofield said:

Confirmed UK can’t leave the room at all during the 12 days.

can you share your information more, was it from a hotel, or through media outlet?

I'm waiting on my 2 hotels of choice confirming details 

where can we find the Red or Green countires list

The exception is those from countries where there are mutations of the virus in which case they will be isolated for 14 days.

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

Incorrect!!!!!

They are known by those names as it is where they were originally discovered not necessarily originated.

There is no certainty that the "UK variant" was or wasn't already in Europe, USA, SA, et al, but the UK is better at isolating the variants than some other places.

Correct. The UK has, apparently, world-leading genome sequencing facilities which means we were much more likely to discover a new variant, regardless of where it originated. Sadly, that variant is now forever tagged with 'Kent' and the UK with ownership (even if it's not our fault). Europe currently has far more of the "UK" variant than we do. Still, we've have to improve exports now that Brexit has happened. lol

Edited by DJBenz
  • Haha 2