UK Govt proposal could be bad news for British tourists visiting Thailand

webfact

No mention of the potential new fee for the Thailand "distance". We're told there is "pent-up demand" for travel so an increase from 60 80 pounds to what, 120, 150 probably won't be a huge barrier for quality tourists seeking sand, food and temples?

Potential increases in airfares (both demand/supply and variable costs like fuel) may end up shocking people and become a real barrier, especially if people see airfares 2X when compared to pre-COVID.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

an increase from 60 80 pounds to what, 120, 150 probably won't be a huge barrier for quality tourists

However, quality tourists aren't going to be travelling in Economy class.  The tax for them at the moment is £528.

• Like 1

what they are proposing is just to get their foot in the door,
the vast majority of people do not take long haul flights,
those people will support this move as it does not affect them
and duty is also proposed to be lowered for domestic and short haul flights
so for the majority of people it seems like a win.
once it is established and put in place, they will then increase the duty easily
they will outprice most of the population from travel

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Theres so many beautiful places in Uk, Europe too for that matter.

Thailand is too expensive now and polluted with very few smiles.

Give Europe a try, you'd be surprised how it stands up.

Not the benidorm of old.

"Theres so many beautiful places in Uk,".  Really! Even if there is, how many sunny days do you get in a year compared to other countries?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

"Theres so many beautiful places in Uk,".  Really! Even if there is, how many sunny days do you get in a year compared to other countries?

That is why i dont like the UK as a holiday country, the weather is as crappy as my country. If i then have to choose I rather stay in my country then go to the UK. Better to be miserable at home then in an other country. I went to the UK on a holliday once when younger. We usually went to Spain and France and sometimes Germany. Dad wanted something else. Suffice to say that the weather was <deleted> and we never went there again. Though the environment and language were good.

Anyway the PM just wants people to stay in the UK and spend money there. Do your bit for the Brit economy and spend your holidays at home. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is why i dont like the UK as a holiday country, the weather is as crappy as my country. If i then have to choose I rather stay in my country then go to the UK. Better to be miserable at home then in an other country. I went to the UK on a holliday once when younger. We usually went to Spain and France and sometimes Germany. Dad wanted something else. Suffice to say that the weather was <deleted> and we never went there again. Though the environment and language were good.

Anyway the PM just wants people to stay in the UK and spend money there. Do your bit for the Brit economy and spend your holidays at home. 

I do that every year but cannot this time, I think you know why.

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Good idea......Keep those routy Brits in Blackpool....lol

Oi, I'm currently covid stuck in that pithole ! A year of fat women, weedheads, drunks, dog faeces, empty beer cans, fag ends, Cavemen IQ, refuse, thefts, beggars, urine smelling buildings and promenade, violence, Family day trippers to cash converters, McD wrapper snowfall........................Please , just get me out of here. Open the borders. Please.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Oi, I'm currently covid stuck in that pithole ! A year of fat women, weedheads, drunks, dog faeces, empty beer cans, fag ends, Cavemen IQ, refuse, thefts, beggars, urine smelling buildings and promenade, violence, Family day trippers to cash converters, McD wrapper snowfall.....................

.........and you.