Phuket officials, tourism leaders in united push for mass vaccinations, July 1 reopening

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You are right about the beaches , but you must be in the group of people not being affected by the poverty that millions of your own people are being hit by . So i think your way of thinking is a bit selfish . Domestic tourisme is by far not saving these people . Millions of YOUR people lost their jobs and it didn't only affect them but also their families that they were supporting so please try to think a little further then the point of your nose . 

My thinking is selfish?

Says the guy with the name "nanaplaza". I don't suppose you think about the poor prostitutes that are abused by foreign sexpats who frequent these places to fulfill their own sick sexual urges and fetishes.

Millions of people all over the world have lost their jobs, I haven't. Do you actually expect me to sacrifice my life to help them? Jesus wept! 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Unfortunately there is a world shortage of Covid vaccines also bear in mind 2 doses are required within a 4 week period. It is very unlikely Thailand will be able secure and administer sufficient vaccines by July better estimate would be end of this year at best.

That's a good valid concern no one seemed to have addressed. How are they going to administer the second doses in  timely manner? ????

Edited by worldexpress

Vaccine is not the solution.  You have to keep taking vaccine to be effective, 

Some scientists say that it only lasts 3-6 months. 

What they need is medicine. Favipiravir has been used in many countries.
The study shows that if you take this medication when you become sick, you recover in 4-5 days. If you do not get treatment quickly you might go to ICU. Make this medicine available for all Thais and the tourists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Tbh I agree more with it happening in Pattaya. I am not a Pattaya fan but I see more risk and cost in the transfer to quantine in phuket. Pattaya 1 bus that's it. For phuket it's airport transfer, customs etc plus the cost of the plane there. Pattaya makes more sense just a little harder to close off but not impossible. 

5 hours ago, david555 said:

So they are sure vaccinated ones can not bring contagion from heavy infected Europe even when vaccinated  .....?

Yeah the money pain hurts ...

Covid (in some shape or form) will never go away completely so unless  they close the borders forever they're going to have to take some kind of risk by taking in vaccinated foreigners at some stage. *they could however keep asq but that really is as good as closing the border for millions of your standard tourists.

• Like 2

It would be helpful if Thaivisa would stop using these misleading headlines (and the even stronger ones in e-mail notifications) and label which are claims, proposals and plans etc. and which are fact.

The e-mail notification headline for this topic reads 'No quarantine needed for vaccinated foreigners visiting Phuket from July'. Then we read the article and find that its not so.

A report on Thaivisa a couple of weeks ago quoted deputy PM Anutin as saying 7 and 10 day quarantine was happening - a couple of days later it was stated that he simply 'planned and favoured' the idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

It would be helpful if Thaivisa would stop using these misleading headlines (and the even stronger ones in e-mail notifications) and label which are claims, proposals and plans etc. and which are fact.

The e-mail notification headline for this topic reads 'No quarantine needed for vaccinated foreigners visiting Phuket from July'. Then we read the article and find that its not so.

A report on Thaivisa a couple of weeks ago quoted deputy PM Anutin as saying 7 and 10 day quarantine was happening - a couple of days later it was stated that he simply 'planned and favoured' the idea.

You cannot blame Thaivisa. They just cut/paste news media and just report the stories. But yes TV does want click bait/

Just now, LivinginKata said:

You cannot blame Thaivisa. They just cut/paste news media and just report the stories. But yes TV does want click bait/

I don't think the e-mail notification was a cut and paste.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dialemco said:

bear in mind 2 doses are required within a 4 week period.

Where did you get that from?

More bad reporting, 

The U.K. and most countries with a good vaccination program is running at 12 weeks between the initial full dose and the booster dose, this is so that everybody can get the vaccine in good time.

4 hours ago, masterhm said:

Vaccine is not the solution.  You have to keep taking vaccine to be effective, 

Some scientists say that it only lasts 3-6 months. 

What they need is medicine. Favipiravir has been used in many countries.
The study shows that if you take this medication when you become sick, you recover in 4-5 days. If you do not get treatment quickly you might go to ICU. Make this medicine available for all Thais and the tourists.

Pray show us the study please, you know the one that was discredited within a week of it being spouted in the fake news section early last year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Is there any scientific evidence that the vaccines actually work ?

... I haven't seen any as of yet !

The first one is just to get people use to them and it wont do much......The next ones for variat C-20 and C-21 and and and will be much more active I think...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

So silly.  Being vaccinated does not stop you carrying and spreading the virus.

So what exactly , is the purpose of having the vaccine ? ..

Answers please ..

A valid certified vaccine  , should improve the bodies immune system .

I wont have any vaccine , unless it has been proved  a success ...

Plus , a normal and healthy person , has a good  immune system .

Vaccine not required .

The vulnerable have died .. RIP.

So  obviously , the number of Covid , related deaths falls .

Naturally ..

6 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

Covid (in some shape or form) will never go away completely so unless  they close the borders forever they're going to have to take some kind of risk by taking in vaccinated foreigners at some stage. *they could however keep asq but that really is as good as closing the border for millions of your standard tourists.

Right ...!

but on the other side  they can take example what happens if  all go holidays like in U.K. & Europe , wave 1 slow down .... wave 2 rise up ..... and wave 3 looming .... all because the urgent need to go holidays and thinking Covid19 is only for the elderly...

I think we start realizing the world as before is not yet in the waiting room for a few years to come .

Thailand loose his tourism ( was not so important part they said before ....look now ..!) OR it go get a heavy price to pay on hospitalizations to come,... once they open the gates for tourists to flood in .....

terrible dilemma to " choose between the plague & cholera ..."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Unfortunately there is a world shortage of Covid vaccines also bear in mind 2 doses are required within a 4 week period. It is very unlikely Thailand will be able secure and administer sufficient vaccines by July better estimate would be end of this year at best.

Well, that's where Phuket comes in, so they might play with the thought to use all their vaccines there first.