Opening Bank Account on "Covid" 60 day visa possible?

Hello all, 

I am wondering if it is possible to open a bank account on the 60 day covid visa. Has anyone has any success with opening a bank account on this visa? 

**I am asking for a friend as I opened my bank acct while on an education visa. 

Thank you guys for any insight! Cheers.

Suggestion as a back up if you have no luck.

Report recently where a chap on tourist visa (or perhaps even visa exempt) had agent organize one. Can't recall fee however was cheap. One of the Legal firms on thaivisa was agent.

Very useful for those entering visa exempt with plan to obtain non O at immigration. 

42 minutes ago, Scaliwags66 said:

Entered on a 30 day exempt, switched to an Education visa, now switched to the 60 day covid tourist visa. 

I mentioned agent in my first post.

Opening a bank account is hit and miss.

I've been here 10 years on retirement extensions. Already had a bank account and wished to open FD account when money in bank requirements changed.

Yes you will read reports of some folk finding it easy. Perhaps they purchased insurance or whatever from the bank.

My experience is completely different. I went to Bangkok Bank (many recommend). Despite an annual extension, existing account with different bank, lease etc you name it......they wanted something from my embassy (not RC) something from my Oz bank.

Bloody ridiculous. Head office Sukhumvit.

Eventually success with Kasikorn. 

Use an agent. Siam Legal is one of many options.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scaliwags66 said:

Entered on a 30 day exempt, switched to an Education visa, now switched to the 60 day covid tourist visa. 

You are still on a non-ed visa entry not a tourist visa. Getting a 60 day covid extension does not change the category of visa entry you have.

Having a non immigrant visa entry should make it easier to open a bank account.

• Like 1