Thai logic - scaling new heights

Nemises

On 3/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, Kenny202 said:

Their whole life is a selfie / facebook parallel universe. I doubt they ever really look at or enjoy any of these experiences or trips. Thailand....people who are showing off, and people who are jealous of the people showing off

my partner admits 50% the reason (her words) she enjoys holidays is to show off and annoy people she hates on facebook

good to see her being honest for once, though I think the number is higher than 50%

On 3/31/2021 at 8:39 PM, simon43 said:

Could be worse - I hear some hotels have toilets with see-through glass walls!!

In Hong Kong I visit an hotel named "Butterfly at LKF" no they don't have toilets as you described but yes they have showers with LCD glass and you can adjust from clear to a shady color

shower.jpg

The logic is very simple.

She has pictures and can tell her friends that she went to the skywalk in the tallest building.

Does not need to mention that as soon as the elevator reached the top she got scared.

33 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The logic is very simple.

She has pictures and can tell her friends that she went to the skywalk in the tallest building.

Does not need to mention that as soon as the elevator reached the top she got scared.

"She has pictures"

Hmmm maybe, except she doesn't have any "money shot" pictures of her at the top, only at ground level.

Not sure her ground level selfies will have her FB enemies  friends turning green with envy.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I remember taking our staff for their yearly treat and they wanted to up the Centerpoint Tower (was/is the tallest in Sydney) and one of the girls started screaming as soon as the lift started to go up. Once up there similar experience to OP.

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well as  builder many moons back in my days, I walked steel if you wasn't scared then you were not safe.

Absolutely true. I had a construction company for many years and always treated heights with the greatest of respect.

Despite what others are saying about this girl, personally I can add that I could be 50 foot up on a roof enjoying my lunch and basking in the sunshine on many occasions…..and then for no reason I could explain I would freeze one day and be a total wreck.. I was also completely cool with both the observation deck of WTC2 and the Eiffel Tower which personally I believe the 1st stage is the scariest. Nothing to do with selfies, showing off or logic

I have the same problem to this day in shopping centres. I can visit on many occasions and be fine, then one day freeze on the escalators, especially those where there are a huge hole in the centre.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Absolutely true. I had a construction company for many years and always treated heights with the greatest of respect.

Despite what others are saying about this girl, personally I can add that I could be 50 foot up on a roof enjoying my lunch and basking in the sunshine on many occasions…..and then for no reason I could explain I would freeze one day and be a total wreck.. I was also completely cool with both the observation deck of WTC2 and the Eiffel Tower which personally I believe the 1st stage is the scariest. Nothing to do with selfies, showing off or logic

I have the same problem to this day in shopping centres. I can visit on many occasions and be fine, then one day freeze on the escalators, especially those where there are a huge hole in the centre.

I found the higher I went the less the height bothered me. 

People would ask how do you do that, we say "carefully " or you can go chemist and ask the pharmacist for some "balance ". ????

What if someone falls you find whether his boots are newer than yours. ????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Just saying it the way it is, but you make sure the buffalo gets its medicine this month...sure.   

you do know it is not like that for everyone, right? 

There are so many wonderful Thai people... I am sorry that you cannot get past that level. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

you do know it is not like that for everyone, right? 

Yes, I know.

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There are so many wonderful Thai people... I am sorry that you cannot get past that level. 

Yes, there are many nice Thai people.  You do know there are many not so nice Thai people, right?  

Do you deny "that level" exists here, and many farang are involved with Thai's who are on "that level?"

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:39 PM, simon43 said:

Could be worse - I hear some hotels have toilets with see-through glass walls!!

Yep there was one down Nana plaza, I don't know if it's still there, floor to ceiling glass between the bedroom and bog/ shower, most disconcerting.

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes, I know.

Yes, there are many nice Thai people.  You do know there are many not so nice Thai people, right?  

Do you deny "that level" exists here, and many farang are involved with Thai's who are on "that level?"

Isn't that true everywhere? do you ever consider that there is another side to the story? 

20 hours ago, Tubulat said:

In Hong Kong I visit an hotel named "Butterfly at LKF" no they don't have toilets as you described but yes they have showers with LCD glass and you can adjust from clear to a shady color

shower.jpg

Are you extremely shy, or do you have a fetish about showering with your clothes on? ! ????

Back on-topic, in my youth I was the engineer for various pirate radio stations.  One of my jobs was to install the antennas on high-rise buildings.  I would often go to the roof of a 15-floor block of flats, hang over the edge of the roof with one hand whilst installing the antenna.  No safety rope or anything.  Not sure how I made it to my old age now without a fatal accident...

• Haha 1

This shows your sensitivity to her needs and fears and pleasures. You are a keeper for sure. Just to let you know, Thais take a lot of photos. Yikes!

I've been to many large eating venues for Thais. They are set up for taking many photos. If you haven't taken 100 photos have you really been there? 555

Relax and enjoy her company and quirks or change partners.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Back on-topic, in my youth I was the engineer for various pirate radio stations.  One of my jobs was to install the antennas on high-rise buildings.  I would often go to the roof of a 15-floor block of flats, hang over the edge of the roof with one hand whilst installing the antenna.  No safety rope or anything.  Not sure how I made it to my old age now without a fatal accident...

You might “enjoy” this then!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

Are you extremely shy, or do you have a fetish about showering with your clothes on? ! ????

Maybe you are already for ages dead and just dreaming about the sweet life in Thailand????

On 4/7/2021 at 1:31 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

Isn't that true everywhere?

No, not really. 

Neighbouring countries have it, namely The Philippines, but Thailand is the biggest for it.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:31 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

do you ever consider that there is another side to the story? 

What side of the story is there to committing a crime?  That's what these girls do to the emotionally vulnerable here, they commit fraud against them, backed up by Thailand's strong foreign ownership of property laws. 

When there is a farang con man arrested and charged in Thailand, TV is full of comments applauding the arrest, yet, thousands of bar girls are con artists, stripping foreigners of their life savings, with no consequences.    

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

the emotionally vulnerable here, they commit fraud against them,

what does that mean? Grandpa falls in love w/a 20 yr old working girl? Then he suddenly realizes its not true love? He willingly takes money out of his pocket to give to her and you call this fraud? Others call it buying favors. 

Can someone enter Pattaya and not understand what is going on?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

what does that mean? Grandpa falls in love w/a 20 yr old working girl? Then he suddenly realizes its not true love? He willingly takes money out of his pocket to give to her and you call this fraud? Others call it buying favors. 

Can someone enter Pattaya and not understand what is going on?

Do "favours" cost the price of cars, land, bars, shops, houses, condos?  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do "favours" cost the price of cars, land, bars, shops, houses, condos?  

In some cases it does.. I think you know that. First hand?  There is no set price as services vary

I have known a couple of guys who have gone that route... and there was surely no talking them out of it or explaining it to them while in progress... and yes, it was sad... 

Though my guess would be that a far higher % of guys in the Western world have lost houses and condos as well. The laws are much stricter in favor of ladies in the Western World... And the guys lose monthly support payments as well... 

There are pre-nuptials to be had, but I would guess that anyone putting more than they can afford on the table, has taken a big unnecessary risk... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, Kenny202 said:

Their whole life is a selfie / facebook parallel universe. I doubt they ever really look at or enjoy any of these experiences or trips. Thailand....people who are showing off, and people who are jealous of the people showing off

Was in Rome a couple of years ago with the Mrs. Hotel near the Colosseum so I said come on lets walk up there and have a look. No cannot, got to update my face book-you go and tell me what it's like.  Did get here in there the next day but refused an audio guide, no don't want to know anything just want to look- and take more selfies.

23 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

In some cases it does.. I think you know that. First hand?  There is no set price as services vary

I have known a couple of guys who have gone that route... and there was surely no talking them out of it or explaining it to them while in progress... and yes, it was sad... 

Though my guess would be that a far higher % of guys in the Western world have lost houses and condos as well. The laws are much stricter in favor of ladies in the Western World... And the guys lose monthly support payments as well... 

There are pre-nuptials to be had, but I would guess that anyone putting more than they can afford on the table, has taken a big unnecessary risk... 

So, it appears we agree, it is sad, and all so unnecessary.  I also have friends that paid up big, and lost out big, despite being advised by those around them not to do so.  

I accept biased laws towards wives / mothers in the west, but most retirees to Thailand who have been through it should have learnt.  

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, it appears we agree, it is sad, and all so unnecessary.  I also have friends that paid up big, and lost out big, despite being advised by those around them not to do so.  

I accept biased laws towards wives / mothers in the west, but most retirees to Thailand who have been through it should have learnt.  

Sure, it is sad whenever anyone gets taken to that extent, but if you get outsmarted by someone w/a 6th grade education, you have to take some responsibility for it too... and I have seen farang play some unscrupulous games on bar girls too.. and regular girls as well... 

Bargirls are often times selling something that is not available anywhere else. They are selling something that man has sought for centuries, youth!

A literal fountain of youth for an older guy to come here and believe that a 20+ yr old girl loves them, they feel young again, like they too are 20+ and in love!!... The girls are selling a fantasy, the price can be high, but it is a rare commodity available nowhere else that I know of... awareness ruins the fantasy, which is why many of these guys don't listen to reason. I would have to assume that on some level, a level that they do not want to recognize as it would ruin the fantasy, these guys must know. The girls do regularly ask for payments, but, if the fantasy is good enough, they don't want to be woke from the dream... 

Ponce de Leon discovers the fountain of youth and he doesn't care the cost and he doesn't want you or anyone else to pull him out of it... 

These ladies are selling a feeling of youth and a feeling of love... an amazing product... Some guys pay for it by the night and go back to Disneyland once a week as their budget permits... others never want to get off the rides... if they keep returning to Magic Mountain and like it so much that they believe the ride is real and keep spending their money to go back until they run out of money, well, you can't really fault Walt Disney for making a great experience, can you?

And if the guys take Minnie Mouse home, and think it will last forever, they are not recognizing that eventually Minnie will want to go back to just being Lek and she has a family and children and maybe a husband or BF... she can't be expected to keep up the role playing forever - right? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sure, it is sad whenever anyone gets taken to that extent, but if you get outsmarted by someone w/a 6th grade education, you have to take some responsibility for it too... and I have seen farang play some unscrupulous games on bar girls too.. and regular girls as well... 

Bargirls are often times selling something that is not available anywhere else. They are selling something that man has sought for centuries, youth!

A literal fountain of youth for an older guy to come here and believe that a 20+ yr old girl loves them, they feel young again, like they too are 20+ and in love!!... The girls are selling a fantasy, the price can be high, but it is a rare commodity available nowhere else that I know of... awareness ruins the fantasy, which is why many of these guys don't listen to reason. I would have to assume that on some level, a level that they do not want to recognize as it would ruin the fantasy, these guys must know. The girls do regularly ask for payments, but, if the fantasy is good enough, they don't want to be woke from the dream... 

Ponce de Leon discovers the fountain of youth and he doesn't care the cost and he doesn't want you or anyone else to pull him out of it... 

These ladies are selling a feeling of youth and a feeling of love... an amazing product... Some guys pay for it by the night and go back to Disneyland once a week as their budget permits... others never want to get off the rides... if they keep returning to Magic Mountain and like it so much that they believe the ride is real and keep spending their money to go back until they run out of money, well, you can't really fault Walt Disney for making a great experience, can you?

And if the guys take Minnie Mouse home, and think it will last forever, they are not recognizing that eventually Minnie will want to go back to just being Lek and she has a family and children and maybe a husband or BF... she can't be expected to keep up the role playing forever - right? 

Good post.  Sums it up well.

I guess the power of living in a fantasy overcomes reality.  

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Good post.  Sums it up well.

I guess the power of living in a fantasy overcomes reality.  

"the trouble with reality is that it never matches my greatest fantasies" - - don't remember what movie that was from.. [ Maybe Morgan 1972 or so?] 

And it might be interesting to look at the "occurrences" from the girls point of view...

I bet more often than not it is the guys "idea" first to buy a car and condo for the lady... and he tells her this hoping to buy exclusivity or love or whatever...

she's doing her job, being fun and playful and loving, so well, that he wants to reward her.. she has a poor family to take care of... should she turn it down? She might bug him afterwards if he is slow to deliver... but she sees a bonus for a job well done... she sees other workers in her trade getting these bonuses... if her kids back home need school clothes and her mother needs medicine, should she decline the offer form someone who is often trying to project the image of being wealthy? 

She might not even see it as preying on "emotional" issues... when he says he has no money, it usually means, 'I have to go to the atm' - - I don't think Disneyland tells it's customers that they are having too much fun, they can't buy any more ride tkts.. or can't come back tomorrow.. Is it Disney's fault if people love their recreations so much that they want to go back again? 

I think that there are too many people here who forget that they are customers. And I am not talking in absolutes. Yes, I have seen some ladies  who were out and out thieves.. just not that many and not the majority.. 

I had my early days here visiting bars. I would see guys my age and older swaggering into the bar as if they were Carey Grant, all puffed up and feeling like a rock star, drowning in their own ego as the girls ran to them.. in a certain way, I envied them their illusions... 

10 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Her English vocabulary is very good. Not many would use the word “petrified”. 

Good one.

Guilty as charged for paraphrasing to achieve greater clarity without changing the meaning of the words that she used.

Good one ????