Beautiful Thai transgender women turn heads at army draft

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:
However she said that she saw no reason why she and others like her should not be allowed to serve in the army.  After all there were female soldiers. 

He's ignoring the fact that an applicant, or draftee, has to be female to join the army as a woman.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's ignoring the fact that an applicant, or draftee, has to be female to join the army as a woman.

I don't know the answer to this, are they allowed 'officially' to change their birth gender ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't know the answer to this, are they allowed 'officially' to change their birth gender ?

no.  Their ID still gives gender at birth, as does their passport.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nsp64 said:

Another attention seeking LGBTQ++++

The thing is that's it's considered normal here, not so at our respective home countries, anyone got any experience from home ? I know recently that the US changed some policies but I can't really see the SAS/ SBS/Royal Marines letting in a few ladyboys ????????

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

The thing is that's it's considered normal here, not so at our respective home countries, anyone got any experience from home ? I know recently that the US changed some policies but I can't really see the SAS/ SBS/Royal Marines letting in a few ladyboys ????????

I don't follow this issue closely, but for the US I would guess the issue would be more centered on born-women transing to male.

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Cate McGregor. former graduate of Duntroon Military Academy prob Ozmost well known trans soldier 

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where does it say she wants to join the Army as a woman? 

Well, that was his quote that he seemed to be using to justify his situation so it's not unreasonable to assume that he wants to be a woman in the army.   If he didn't, why did he turn up dressed as one?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:
However she said that she saw no reason why she and others like her should not be allowed to serve in the army.

After all there were female soldiers. 

She said that if she is free to serve in the future and if she is allowed to do so she will jump at the chance. 

Good for her, while not a career choice I’d make, it’s good to see she wishes to serve her country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Joining the army (regardless of it being just for basic training and/or several years) should be done on free will only. Anyone drafted in by "force" won't be a "well functioning" soldier anyway.

A person has to have it in him/her to become a soldier, and often enough, people who really would love to join the armed forces are not drafted or are being rejected, whilst others who hate weapons, war, fighting and conflict in general, are drafted in to have a miserable year or more...

My take on this: Leave the youngsters (especially transgenders) alone and let them make their own choices! Make love, not war!

Btw. love all of the girls shown in the article and would take any of them to be my GF at any given time.

Edited by Freigeist365

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The obligatory lottery is 21-30. Believe this volunteering for different ages — 18-20, 22-29 — is a new thing. 

If you are studying or have other valid reasons, you can defer annually to 25.  

"However she said that she saw no reason why she and others like her should not be allowed to serve in the army.  After all there were female soldiers". 

So sign them up and enlist them with the other women.  Don't ask don't tell.  Why the charades, many LGBT men and women serve successfully in the military.  

Edited by ThailandRyan