Motorbike Guys How Much Per Km

h90

My motorbike delivery guys told me they need more money as gasoline is expensive.

Does anyone know how much such a "normal" motorbike needs per km or per 100 km??

depends on the motorbike and how you ride. Mine about 1 baht per km.

Petrol (gasoline) is not the only cost in running a vehicle. Here's a UK link which may be useful.

Don't forget motorcycles only get a few thousand kilometres from their tyres. Then there's servicing costs too.

Peter

Good a tyre is 50-100 Baht.....

But the other costs of service+it does not last forever+the accidents every few weeks.....

My 150cc sportbike, driven hard, gets 30 km per liter, which is 3.3 liters per 100 km. I suspect motosai taxis are heavily laden and driven hard, so they'd get little better. Perhaps 3.8 liters, maybe only 3.5 liters per 100 km. Since 91 octane is now selling near 30 baht, they are paying roughly one baht per km, far more than they used to pay, except briefly last year. If they're driving an old two stroke bike, they use far more gasoline and oil.

Parts and service may seem very cheap by our estimation, but they're a real cost to the owners here.

I ride a 100cc Honda Dream that's almost six years old (purchased new). I fill the tank with petrol religiously every 125 km. That's usually just under three litres of petrol per filling.

An oil change is 90 baht or so these days.

Just as with cars, you get what you pay for with tires. I use Michelin Gazelle M62 tires on my bike. They run about 500 baht each. I'd say that they give 15K or 20K kilometers worth of service but have never really thought to make an exact measurement.

Edited by ovenman