Video: Jai Yen yen!? Don't tell me to calm down! Suvarnabhumi delays anger passengers

webfact

9pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that delayed passengers at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok gave check-in staff a piece of their minds.

Leading the way was a man who had been delayed five hours who ended up on a TikTok video.

The staff told him to be "jai-yen yen" (cool it) but he turned on them saying they had no right to tell him to calm down!

He'd been waiting from 1.25 pm.

He demanded to speak to someone who could tell him what was going on. 

Thais took to social media to complain too.

Thai Vietjet apologized speaking about delays due to procedural problems. 

Sanook reported that some passengers changed airlines rather than wait. 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

when I came back there in 2019 had to wait 2.5 hours for the bags to come off the carrousel, they blamed the rain! 

We waited about an hour last time....eventually found all our luggage on a trolley.....think someone grabbed our suitcases, realized they'd made a mistake and just dumped them.....so kind

4 hours ago, J Town said:

I have a friend who desperately needs to get back to the states. The rules for travel are ugly, confusing, and he was turned away from the plane just before boarding. At least he got a full refund for the flight (but NOT for the mandatory Covid test) and will try again tomorrow. Certainly NOT the time to travel unless it's absolutely necessary.

Why wasn't he allowed to board?

• Like 1

Just now, thegreatbw said:

Why wasn't he allowed to board?

There was confusion between A&A airline and some Japan airline whether or not his Covid test was done within an acceptable time window. This could possibly have resulted in a 2-week quarantine in Japan. What he learned from this is to book with ONE AIRLINE for the entire trip. Of course, the price skyrockets in doing this, but he loses his job and his pension if he doesn't get back soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

when I came back there in 2019 had to wait 2.5 hours for the bags to come off the carrousel, they blamed the rain! 

that would be a parasol ????