Spreading COVID May Justify Measure Review

webfact

co.jpg

BANGKOK, April 5 (TNA) - Numerous COVID-19 cases from entertainment places may force the government to review its disease control measures for the Songkran festival, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Mr Anutin wrote on his Facebook account that the ongoing COVID-19 situation might prompt the reconsideration of disease control measures because of the high number of people contracting the disease at entertainment places.

Officials found that the infected people tended to spread the disease widely because they failed to comply with the disease control measures of the Public Health Ministry and their behaviors could cause the new wave of COVID-19 in the country, he wrote.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-669011

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Officials found that the infected people tended to spread the disease widely because they failed to comply with the disease control measures of the Public Health Ministry and their behaviors could cause the new wave of COVID-19 in the country, he wrote

Thanks Captain Obvious. Next you'll tell us that fire is hot.

At least masks are being worn in this photo.

• Like 1

Uk is on the verge now of vaccine passports. I 100% support this.

Hopefully Thailand bars will soon be asking for phone app or official document data from all customers before serving or letting them in.

Do I like the idea , no, but if it's temporary I think most of us could live with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Numerous COVID-19 cases from entertainment places may force the government to review its disease control measures for the Songkran festival, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

may, how about should, or by May it will be lights out Thailand.  Do these guys know what's happening or have they been taken by surprise.  Test A Nutin, Test.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

You dont  see it? We have  are freedom here, life is normal and has been for the past year except for a couple of months lockdown.look at the mess the rest of the world is in,we are very lucky to be here. 

And why Thailand has set itself up for the fall which may or may not come. One never knows. I agree with you on having our freedoms, but will that slowly erode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Anutin wrote on his Facebook account that the ongoing COVID-19 situation might prompt the reconsideration of disease control measures because of the high number of people contracting the disease at entertainment places.

Officials found that the infected people tended to spread the disease widely because they failed to comply with the disease control measures of the Public Health Ministry and their behaviors could cause the new wave of COVID-19 in the country, he wrote

We all knew this would happen when entertainment venues were allowed to open as normal....

I don't like to quote other countries but....
My friend in the Uk has just got his first jab aged 67, his missus two years older has just got her second jab.

Both in the so-called high risk group.

Yet it's all the younger generation who after restrictions were lifted are out partying the night away spreading the infection again!!

Same thing is happening in Thailand....

• Like 1

I saw many IG stars posting from a big beach party on Phuket. Not a mask in sight.  I'm afraid the spike is coming.  Let's hope the really bad strains don't catch a foot hold.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

may, how about should, or by May it will be lights out Thailand.  Do these guys know what's happening or have they been taken by surprise.  Test A Nutin, Test.

They haven't a clue on what's happening with regards to covid because they only mainly test people who come forward at hospitals who have symptoms and sporadic surge testing, normally targeted at areas with immigrant workers. The UK now offers free testing for a large percentage of population who have to go out to work or have children in schools, plus pupils in secondary schools.

• Like 1

Update from the Disease Control folks:

"According to Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said the Health Ministry will propose that all restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Bangkok and four surrounding provinces namely, Samut Prakarn, Nonthaburi, Pathumthani and Nakhon Pathom be closed daily at 9pm and those venues cannot sell alcoholic beverages.

These proposals, which will be effective for two weeks, will be submitted to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s subcommittee on Wednesday.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration also plans to prioritise some of its vaccines for residents and workers in a district that’s popular for night-time entertainment, according to Governor Aswin Kwanmuang."

"Numerous COVID-19 cases from entertainment places may force the government to review its disease control measures for the Songkran festival, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul." 

They can review what they want. Perhaps they should come for instance to Pattaya and look. When I walk around I see business as usual. There seems to be no Covid fear. But perhaps they should not come themselves because everything will be perfect at the time span when they are here... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

But no travel restrictions.

All the more reason for those in the affected areas to travel out of the 4 province's and Bangkok to enjoy Songkran where there are no ristrictions, with the added benefit of being encouraged to do so by the government. 

This is so obviously wrong it stinks...................

Not expressing a personal opinion here.. Just sharing a tidbit from the day's news:

"A survey by Suan Dusit Poll has found that a majority of people agree with the government's measures to stimulate domestic travel and the economy.

According to the poll conducted online on March 29-April 1 on 1,265 people throughout the country, 75% of respondents support the overall domestic travel stimulus measures taken by the government during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Regarding travel stimulus programs, 80% were satisfied with special holidays; 79% the "eat, shop and spend" scheme; 68% "We travel together" and the "tour, tiew, Thai" scheme; and 63% the "kamlangjai" package tour program."

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

I saw many IG stars posting from a big beach party on Phuket. Not a mask in sight.  I'm afraid the spike is coming.  Let's hope the really bad strains don't catch a foot hold.  

It was on Saturday at Cafe del mar, I know somebody who went there, this is a pic from the afternoon session, the evening was heaving, more than 3000 in attendance, no room to move and obviously no covid measures or protection.

cafe del mar.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Looks like people enjoying themselves and living life.. Good for them  hope they enjoyed it. 

Yea spread the love!!

I also hear it was going down in, Crystal pub in Thonglor Soi 25, Baan Phahon Café and Bar in the Chatuchak area, Ekamai Beer House, Bar Bar Bar Pub Thonglor and Dollar Bangkok, The Cassette Music Bar in Ekamai,  Emquatier Sukhumvit 39. 

Only problem being they've closed down those joints now because of covid clusters, bloody killjoys that they are. Never mind, they can all travel to Cafe del mar and enjoy the ambiance there.

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

cafe del mar.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the danger is when people are in an indoor area that is not well-ventilated.

These people are outdoors, bathed in UV rays and probably enjoying a sea breeze. No one will get Covid (or any respiratory illness) in this situation unless they kiss or share a beverage container with someone who is infected. The vitamin D their bodies are generating from the sunlight will also help to protect them.

I don't mind taking sensible measures but it alarms me when it shifts into the realm of hysteria. Seeing people wearing masks outdoors, and scowling at the people who aren't, tells me that we are also in the middle of a mental health pandemic.

Edited by Poet
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Prisons are entertainment venues as well

Really dude?

Seems to me we got it better than a whole lot of other places around this globe. 

I think you should rethink your prerogatives... for me... who gives a <deleted> about bars and soapy massages when I can still enjoy more freedom than my folks back home.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Update from the Disease Control folks:

"According to Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said the Health Ministry will propose that all restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Bangkok and four surrounding provinces namely, Samut Prakarn, Nonthaburi, Pathumthani and Nakhon Pathom be closed daily at 9pm and those venues cannot sell alcoholic beverages.

These proposals, which will be effective for two weeks, will be submitted to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s subcommittee on Wednesday.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration also plans to prioritise some of its vaccines for residents and workers in a district that’s popular for night-time entertainment, according to Governor Aswin Kwanmuang."

And a bit more detail on MoPH's proposed changes for the coming two week period:

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&pto=aue,boq&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=th&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://pr.moph.go.th/%3Furl%3Dpr/detail/2/04/156327/

1. The highest regulated areas (red) in 5 provinces, including Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan and Nakhon Pathom, with restaurants and entertainment venues open no later than 21.00 hrs.

2. The control area (orange) has 9 provinces: Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Chumphon, Tak, Ratchaburi, Chon Buri, Suphanburi, Narathiwat and Kanchanaburi, where restaurants and entertainment venues can eat and drink liquor no later than 23.00 hours...

3. The highest surveillance area (yellow) has 10 provinces: Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Saraburi, Nakhon Nayok, Chachoengsao, Phetchaburi, Ranong, Rayong, Songkhla, Yala and Khon Kaen, with restaurants and entertainment venues, eating and drinking alcohol, not exceeding 24.00...