Thai mental health and Covid: Stress levels peaked last Monday but are starting to stabilize

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is she for real, Stress and mental illness do not just peak and then go away.  Sensory overload, and the issue of the virus spreading, has made people more than ever now jumpy and very concerned.  Folks do not believe this government can contain this spread, and they point to the numbers of cases being reported, and the now daily increase in deaths as being very worrying for them.

Your take on the RO level? 

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As in mental health.  Well I wouldn't even venture to guess.  These are a few of the factors I see:

I think that some of the many causes of mental issues in Thailand are born from the following issues.  I ranked them as to how I see them:

1. The economy. Thailand is still deemed as a developing country, therefore, there is a major gap between the rich and the poor, and then the Government creates this disparity.

2. Family Expectations. Teenagers and young adults in Thailand have a lot of expectations thrown upon them by their families which include working, helping the family out and much more.

3. Entitlement and social media. The rise of social media has allowed people to stay connected and information is passed on that may or may not be credible. Upper class Hi-So's feel they are entitled and can do whatever they want and when they can not, well you see the results when Mommy and daddy do not give them what they want.

4. Medical issues they can not pay to have resolved, ladies needing to have their bodies enhanced to land a mate, and spending money on unnecessary medical procedure and not saving for that rainy day and when it comes not able to get the proper treatment such as having to pay for their own Covid test.

As far as the Ro for Covid, unless there was transparency and all numbers could be garnered it is a fools game to try and even guess at that as well.

Yes all valid. Covid R0 if 0here surely is good news for everyone.Is it in fact 0? 

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Yes all valid. Covid R0 if 0here surely is good news for everyone.Is it in fact 0? 

I never ventured a guess on the Ro factor.  Unless all info is transparent then there is no way to get a true number.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kotsak said:

That's me when driving in Thailand ????

And myself as well riding the Motorbike back home from MTT today on the Monday morning after Songkran and the crazy's trying to get to work.

Just now, blazes said:

How absurd to assert that an illness can reach a "peak" on a particular day.  Why not go a stage further and declare that the peak was reached at 9.41 am....

A nonsense pure and simple.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the last monday was the fist day of songkran, so really hospitals, helplines were shutting down their services. 

They would be springing back to function this week.

Obviously, during holidays people try enjoying themselves, including drinking and the other mood boosters.

Everybody tried to forget about the looming prospects of getting infected.

Now people are forced to workplaces, on public transport, their worries will be much stronger, than before songkran.

So today this lady came back to het office and there were no daily worrying reports, so she took her chance to show how efficient her department is and counted this as success 

Edited by internationalism
  • Haha 1

Mental health levels peaked, then stable as on Monday based on??? How many people have been rendered unemployed since the new closure of entertainment venues and the residual fall out? Doesn't she think that may also be contributing to mental health issues???

Edited by skorp13

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is she for real, Stress and mental illness do not just peak and then go away.  Sensory overload, and the issue of the virus spreading, has made people more than ever now jumpy and very concerned.  Folks do not believe this government can contain this spread, and they point to the numbers of cases being reported, and the now daily increase in deaths as being very worrying for them.

An example of the horrid education in the Thailand. And the horrid lack of meritocracy. 

These people regularly make the most idiotic statements that even a young adolescent in a reasonably developed country would not make. 

• Like 1

[quote]

How absurd to assert that an illness can reach a "peak" on a particular day.  Why not go a stage further and declare that the peak was reached at 9.41 am....

[/quote]

Because it's not true!!   The peak was actually reached at 9.45am

Please get your facts right!! ????????

12 hours ago, Sunderland said:

I think stress and depression will lead to a lot, lot more deaths than death 'with COVID'.

There ere those who will say (and have said) that COVID-19 will be th end of Thailand. Certainly anxiety and stress and depression are a part of the COVID-19 dividend, and Thai society has already begun to crumble and fall as a consequence.

I shed no tears for these people, but let's all consider whose responsibility it has been.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:46 PM, kotsak said:

I would love to buy one of those stress gauges..

I guess they've been in those temperature sensors the whole time, the ones you put your hand on when you enter 7-11's and shopping centers. Along with our temps, they've also been sending our stress levels to the govt. How brilliant.

• Haha 2

On 4/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The rise of social media has allowed people to stay connected and information is passed on that may or may not be credible.

Even way out here in the village, in the Issan sticks, the kids are glued to their phones and get a good signal. They can't help put see then desire all those fancy things that are so out of reach, with their parents handing them 20 baht to buy some street food or snacks being a big deal. They fail to resolve this discrepancy.

The obsession with surgery is ridiculous. Even at the first, low end municipal school I taught at, the lady teachers had it loaded on. No idea how they did it on such low salaries. They feel obligated to do so, lest the slightest drop in comparative attractiveness means their husbands start shopping for mia nois.

Heh, whenever I walk past those beauty clinics in a shopping center with my wife, their salespeople come out like vultures, thinking some farang cash will be splashed on getting her fixed up. Haha. I chose her specifically because she lacks that hi-so look and attitude.

• Like 1