Do’s and Don’ts in field hospitals

snoop1130

yeah I will take the risk, I can always to go to bKK hospital or Bumrungrad in bkk should I develop actual symptoms but getting tested just to sit in a cot for 2 weeks I will pass, call me selfish but its everyones choice

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ken Jones said:

yeah I will take the risk, I can always to go to bKK hospital or Bumrungrad in bkk should I develop actual symptoms but getting tested just to sit in a cot for 2 weeks I will pass, call me selfish but its everyones choice

And if caught you will be fined for violating the CDC regulations unfortunately. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

22 minutes ago, Ken Jones said:

thailand ryan, fined for what reason, I have no symptoms or reason to be tested, im just saying I would rather wait in my home if I did

I completely understand and agree,, but if you think you have Covid you could be fined for not disclosing it.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-government-hospital-staff-forced-to-quarantine-after-patients-lied-about-covid-19-contacts

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Private hospitals that are still doing testing hold up the positive results for a few days.  Then call the patient with the bad news and tell them they will send an ambulance as soon as they have an available bed.  They bet on patients either being better or dead by the time they tell they have a bed, so they don't have to deal with them.  This based on a real case in Bangkok. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

And if caught you will be fined for violating the CDC regulations unfortunately. 

Today, the elderly gent that died contracted covid from his grandson who was visiting for Songkran. This is is not the first time this has happened in LoS and a good reason why isolation away from family is important. Asymptomatics can still transmit the virus, though to a lesser degree than those with symptoms. Most of the poorer Thai families could not isolate the ill easily - many share the same bedrooms and they have poor knowledge of hygeine practices. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

Today, the elderly gent that died contracted covid from his grandson who was visiting for Songkran. This is is not the first time this has happened in LoS and a good reason why isolation away from family is important. Asymptomatics can still transmit the virus, though to a lesser degree than those with symptoms. Most of the poorer Thai families could not isolate the ill easily - many share the same bedrooms and they have poor knowledge of hygeine practices. 

Only country in the world with signs in toilets telling you how to wash hands 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Breaking News:

"Rotting corpse found in condo", news at 6. 

I'm in the "stay at home" camp, so I've already made arrangements for food/water/etc.  Also, that I check in with someone daily (Line).  No plans to be the rotting corpse.

Edited by DefaultName