Thailand reports 2,839 new coronavirus cases, 8 new deaths

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was driving and stopped at a police checkpoint in Phuket yesterday, checked the normal things, licence, tax, realized all was ok, then looked at me, pointed at my face with no mask on and gave me a warning to put it on immediately.

I'm not anti mask at all, there's been a 20,000 baht fine in Phuket for not wearing one for over a year now so its become a way of life when going to shops etc, but in the car alone driving..LOL

I suppose one is supposed to don the mask before opening the window to talk with the officer. It can be removed once the interaction is over.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ministry of Public Health officials on Saturday released a new status report on the availability of hospital beds in the capital province, showing the region running very low on available airborne isolation unit beds among those most needed for treating infectious COVID patients.

A ministry spokesman somewhat backed off prior comments made a day earlier, saying Saturday that Bangkok now probably had enough ICU beds to handle incoming new patients for the coming 10 days, with the ICU beds supply nationwide enough for about 20 more days.

Ministry data as of Saturday said Thailand had 418 COVID patients around the country in serious condition, an apparent reference to those requiring ICU beds, and a number that has almost doubled over the past five days, with more increases expected in the coming days.

Screenshot_28.jpg.aac02750b0eb7c7a7e0ebf321fdab4a8.jpg

The ministry also posted a comparable report for the nation as a whole, in general showing more availability/lower occupancy rates compared to Bangkok. Bangkok has an overall hospital bed occupancy rate right now exceeding two thirds, while the national rate was reported as being less than half.

783118997_HospitalBedsreportfornation04-22-21.jpg.43560a4ed73f8f9ef69bd6e0b9ebdc73.jpg

Is this more data the government is "hiding" by publishing it on the internet? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I am no epidemiologist or statistician but I do think it would be interesting if say the govt did take a valid measurement of the prevalence of virus infection countrywide. Test say 5000 people (or whatever is statistically necessary in Thailand's 65M population) on the same day randomly chosen throughout the country to see the infection rate. Has this ever been done...can it be done logisticlly I don't know.

They do more than that every day. The problem is the statistics are not easy to obtain, nor are generally broken down by province (the testing statistics, not the number of new cases).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

police did a big photo shoot in pattaya  tonight on soi buakhao

what an insult

anyone can guess the motive behind this nonsense 

the dirty farang  is spreading covid 

and yet pretty much all covid detections in Chonburi are Thai  - various Thai clubs still open across Pattaya 

shameful 

Not based on places listed by contact tracers in Chonburi. Sure, Thai ladies go to many of them, but they or were frequented by Farangs, too. And they are closed now.

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They do more than that every day. The problem is the statistics are not easy to obtain, nor are generally broken down by province (the testing statistics, not the number of new cases).

So then why all the posts about a lack of adequate testing if they are already sampling a statistically valid number daily to get overall population infection rates?

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

So then why all the posts about a lack of adequate testing if they are already sampling a statistically valid number daily to get overall population infection rates?

Again, the number of total tests per day can be found, but the number of positive results from random sampling is not available, nor is there a breakdown by province.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

·

2m

75 new, confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today, lowest number in over two weeks -

@The_PattayaNews

| https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/25/75-new-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-chonburi-today-lowest-number-in-over-two-weeks… #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

image.thumb.png.8bd943f98da5e2df22f8c04f1e61752c.png

Thanks but link not working for me.

15 hours ago, Mike k said:

But since he is an unelected pm that used the military to take over it don't matter if it looks good or not 

Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe.

Thai people may not be terribly bright or sophisticated, but even they know when they've been had.

Eventually.

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

·

10m

BREAKING: Thai health officials reporting 2,438 new cases and eleven more deaths on Sunday. There are 24,207 people in care: 19,274 in hospitals & 4,933 in field hospitals. There are now 507 people in a serious condition & 138 on ventilators #COVID19 #Thailand #RIP

image.png.a1c3000b8ad32aa2404397b2949db1e8.png

• Like 1

I think most of us would agree with you.

Richard Barrow 

@RichardBarrow

·

3m

I really don’t understand why the Thai government has been so hesitant in containing the third wave. They did so well last year. There have been 24,207 cases and 46 deaths since 1st April. Another 11 deaths today. Why on Earth did they not cancel Songkran and restrict travel?

• Like 2

A local man that contracted the virus called the hospital to inform them and asked for an ambulance to come and pick him up to take him there, they told him to catch a bus but he explained that he was too sick and didnt want to infect others. They ignored him leaving him at home and  the man died, really have to wonder at the people running this pile of sh*t show, this is not an isolated incident either as reports are it is happening in other regions. The govt has a lot to answer for, they are responsible for the spread by pushing people to travel over songkran when they should have been telling them to stay where they are and now they are refusing to accept any blame, the minister in charge of the sh*t show should be removed as he has done nothing but cause problems for everyone but as usual nothing will happen, saving face is more important than peoples lives

21 hours ago, pnustedt said:

The government's priority was to stop public protests in Bkk. It has worked!

Once the pandemic easies off a bit, the students will be back, and good luck to them. It is just a pity that the unelected "PM" and his soldier "government" do not have any incentive to do anything positive about this pandemic.

I think we all saw for ourselves how they did not stop the people traveling over the Songcran period. There was a bit of money to be made for some connected people, and they are the ones who will keep the Unelected "PM" in a job.

Forum rules prevent me from saying what I really want to.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

It was such a stupid decision, it almost seems as if it was intentional.

How much more time do they need to realize that a full hard lock down needs to be ordered right now! 

"it almost seems as if it was intentional."  It was intentional, there was a lot of money to be made for those who are connected with all these people traveling all over the country. The ordinary Thai people themselves cannot get this soldier "government" out.

When there is another election, as was proved in the last one, who is to say that despite how the people vote, there won't be another general who will be "PM".

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Does anyone else find it impossible to believe that an outbreak of this magnitude that has supposedly spread so rapidly could of possible come from a single nightclub cluster barely 30 days ago? This seems impossible and I am truly amazed that people are buying this scapegoat excuse.

How can the truth be anything other than that this is an extension of the December outbreak in Samut Sakorn and other areas. They did very little testing, had no idea of the true extent of that outbreak and claimed that it was under control.

What we are seeing now is like the boy with his finger in the dam..the severity of the outbreak dating back to December could absolutely no Longer be swept under the rug and this is the result of the lack of testing consequently not undertansdong the extent of the spread and taking action back then.

Am I wrong? Can someone explain how this could of possibly spread so far so quickly. It’s just impossible especially when you consider that the real number of cases is probably 10 times what is now reported.

and does all the traveling over Songcran not have anything to do with it? The unelected "PM" must hold a lot of the responsibility for this, and he cannot get voted out the way real elected "PMs" can in normal countries.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Can you blame them with hospitals ripping people off to fill there own pockets? Then again, maybe it is wrong to blame the hospitals alone, but it does seem there are many people using the pandemic to make themselves very rich at the expense of ordinary people.

Thais who test positive but are asymptomatic are sent to field hospitals which are free. 

Carry on with your rant

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Thais who test positive but are asymptomatic are sent to field hospitals which are free. 

Carry on with your rant

If I have to debate, I would rather it was with someone with a little more intelligence.

21 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Since this re-surgent of the spread of the virus, I have been self isolating at home and if people come to my House, they must stay 2 meters away from me and wear a face mask as I do, therefore if I do get infected by the Coronor Virus I think I would be well within my rights to sue the Government for negligence.  Nearly every person on TV and BP said that they should restrict holiday travel this year, but sadly the Government felt they knew better.....and here we are now and goodness knows what the final total will be.  All down to inaction by the Government who got it so, so wrong.  But of course they will not admit it and will come up with some excuse or other.  I love Thailand, but so despair at the very poor standard of politicians who are tasked with serving and running the Country, not the other way round.  Okay, beef over need to go and check my watch that I have borrowed to see what time it is!

How many actual politicians are there in this "government"? If the top guy is a general educated at a Military Academy, what does that say about the rest of these imposters making up a government?

21 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Doesnt reducing the number of open hours just make these markets and malls more crowded, and more apt to spread the virus?

You don't expect a bunch of tinpot soldiers to understand that, do you? ????

• Like 1