Large group of foreigners arrested at party in Pattaya for violating COVID-19 rules

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Around 50 officers from Banglamung police station raided

Isn't having 50 officer go to a birthday party with 28 people a bit overkill when Covid is rampant in the RTP?

Were the SEAL Team 6 commandos donning their Russian Winter sniper wear not invited, or will they just be there at the press conference in case a few Filipino teachers burst through the ceiling on ropes? 

Edited by JeffersLos

6 hours ago, Susco said:

Where in the OP does it say that any of the people involved were infected?

I was actually referring to the cops who came from a location where there is currently an outbreak and confirmed cases of infection i.e the police station 

I thought my post was clear to most people about that but maybe not sorry 

10 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

There is of course a law about making noise in Thailand but no, it doesn't have a decibel value to it. It's the same in the country I come from, Sweden, as it is here. There's a law but no decibel limit.

Since you mention decibel limits, I suppose that the country you come from has it. Which country is that?

For the current restrictions in Pattaya, just go to the Chonburi provincial website and follow the links

Thailand does have an environmental noise law, but it's not very effective:

"The Thailand Environmental Noise Regulation states that the 24-hour average sound level should not exceed 70dB. As a result, people can play music loudly for several hours but avoid falling foul of the law because their average for the day is within the limit."

11 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

Yes - these law breaking party idiots care only about themselves and don’t give a hang for public health.  They also put the police into danger too!!  - Typical of the behaviour that got the UK into the worst in world covid performance (190th out of 195).   - The attitudes from many farangs in this forum topic seem also to harbour the same perfidious  mind set.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What law ??

Is there a decibel limit ?... is there a time after which music outside is considered disturbing the peace ?

And, since when did the police care about anyone having a party in a private house ?

-------------

I have no sympathy for people who are going to have a loud party and disturb neighbours. I certainly have no sympathy for a group of 28 people gathering during an epidemic and serious 3rd wave outbreak. 

BUT....  what laws have been broken ???? All I can read is they were arrested for breaking the laws under emergency decree - what are they???  because the Emergency decree has been in place for over a year, the laws have been modified - So what are those regulations for Chonburi - right now??? where is the list of those regulations ??

People will want to know: IF a family remain in a ‘bubble’ with another family, can they have that family over for a BBQ ??? etc...    is that breaking the law ?

Two Minutes google search, and you find this, so cool down! https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

23 minutes ago, PeeJayEm said:

Yes - these law breaking party idiots care only about themselves and don’t give a hang for public health.  They also put the police into danger too!!  - Typical of the behaviour that got the UK into the worst in world covid performance (190th out of 195).   - The attitudes from many farangs in this forum topic seem also to harbour the same perfidious  mind set.

wow there is so much wrong with that post it is almost infantile 

You sound like a deluded Thai trying to justify absolute failure

welcome to my ignore list which has over the last 15 years accumulated 2 people of which you are one 

I prefer to call it my idiot list but that's just me

15 minutes ago, ujayujay said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What law ??

Is there a decibel limit ?... is there a time after which music outside is considered disturbing the peace ?

And, since when did the police care about anyone having a party in a private house ?

-------------

I have no sympathy for people who are going to have a loud party and disturb neighbours. I certainly have no sympathy for a group of 28 people gathering during an epidemic and serious 3rd wave outbreak. 

BUT....  what laws have been broken ???? All I can read is they were arrested for breaking the laws under emergency decree - what are they???  because the Emergency decree has been in place for over a year, the laws have been modified - So what are those regulations for Chonburi - right now??? where is the list of those regulations ??

People will want to know: IF a family remain in a ‘bubble’ with another family, can they have that family over for a BBQ ??? etc...    is that breaking the law ?

Expand  

Two Minutes google search, and you find this, so cool down! https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

Love it....    congratulations on your two minutes in google. 

You have found an 10 day old Pattaya news article (17th April) which may no long be relevant given the fluidity of developments. 

Additionally, your link quotes ‘events with events with over 50 people are banned which implies e gatherings of less than 50 are not banned. 

But thanks for telling me to cool down....  ????

12 hours ago, AMFWolfie said:

50 seems totally overkill for something that no one has actually found any evidence to say it was actually illegal....Maybe because mainly foreigners could see a big payday coming...

Another news outlet reporting on the arrests stately plainly that there was no specific law broken by the party, but people were arrested anyway.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyb2good said:

For a “virus” with a 99.5%+ survival rate (less...for those with the untested, experimental, mRNA modifying “vax”).

The survival rate from Covid-19 is not 99.5%.  The international average for deaths is about 1.5% of positive cases.

16 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

These idiots will never learn until it's too late. 
What an absolutely irresponsible bunch of morons

You have to be more specific...  Which bunch of morons?  The ones partying, the ones throwing 50 cops into a potential cesspool of infection, or the ones who forgot to order the vaccines so Thailand can get all this behind them?

The partiers were lucky the popo didn't find any playing cards, or they'd really be in trouble.

Edited by impulse

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Pubs bars are closed.

Parties involve drinking and prolonged probably maskless close contact between mixed groups.

Extremely high risk.

Restaurants are moderate risk when indoors and arguably should also be closed.

Will those arrested be deported?

No, they will be released after purchasing face masks from the police. 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Another news outlet reporting on the arrests stately plainly that there was no specific law broken by the party, but people were arrested anyway.

It's also possible they were hauled in to take a drug test.  Wouldn't be the first time, Covid or not.

18 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is were is all gets rather murky with

Police officers in Pattaya now in quarantine and fellow officers now out mixing with the public knowing they have been in contact with people infected or have been in buildings where virus has been spreading, they are now breaking their own rules 

Anyone now feel comfortable having close contact with cops in pattaya - I certainly don't 

Don't read anywhere where it says any of them tested positive for Covid???

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They get a call from a neighbour, and if that person mentions that foreigners are suspected, there we are.

Thai 'dobbers' thrive here, they're everywhere...lower than a cockroach.

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Ah come on. How many people get to see a Thai police station in that manner as well as get a free ride in a police vehicle. 

I think a few of the Police got into the left over birthday cake.  Those buttons are about to pop.

9 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Thailand does have an environmental noise law, but it's not very effective:

"The Thailand Environmental Noise Regulation states that the 24-hour average sound level should not exceed 70dB. As a result, people can play music loudly for several hours but avoid falling foul of the law because their average for the day is within the limit."

Police don't respond to a complaint at 11:50 PM and take average decibel during a 24 hour period into consideration. The law you quote is not relevant to this case and is for a totally different purpose.

Police have the right to act and issue a fine of maximum 2,000 baht. Anything more serious than that must be processed by a district attorney. 

On 4/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, moe666 said:

Do you want to avoid getting covid then avoid crowds no matter were thet may be.

Likely the Malls will only have the supermarkets and banks open like the 1ast lockdown. 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:14 PM, Brunolem said:

These idiots just arrested the Village People rehearsing their new song!

(13 Filipinos, 6 Russians, 3 Thais, 2 French and British, Canadian, Albanian and Cambodian nationals).

+1 for diversity