Important Information re COVID coverage for Expats Already in Thailand

Sheryl

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

I followed this link https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/ for Krungthai Panich Insurance over Roojai to apply and I got as far as the first page where you have to input height and weight - in my case 184 cm and 120 kg.

And this is what I got:

Not accepted.pdf 27.48 kB · 6 downloads

So my BMI alone did not qualify me. And this is the very laughable least of "preconditions" I have.

Same here. 58 years, 175cm, 111 kg, Non smoker: = Not Accepted.

Will keep looking for cover. Please do post when you find one for us heavy guys. 

Applied for the Roojai policy covering up to 300k Baht, coma etc. just about 20 minutes ago  Cost was 420 baht.  Also bought a policy for my GF as well, same price.  This will cover the deductible not covered by my PCH policy if we end up in a field hospital.  Coverage was, in my view, Dirt cheap and well worth it if needed.  If not used, well then for less than 1000 baht for two of us, its negligible.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Same here. 58 years, 175cm, 111 kg, Non smoker: = Not Accepted.

Will keep looking for cover. Please do post when you find one for us heavy guys. 

180 cm here, and 98kg.  It accepted me, so it must have a cutoff somewhere north of 100kg

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

180 cm here, and 98kg.  It accepted me, so it must have a cutoff somewhere north of 100kg

Well that puts your BMI at 30.2 , the other posters are well into there 30s (BMIs) so perhaps it is above 30 in rounded figures the cut-off

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well that puts your BMI at 30.2 , the other posters are well into there 30s (BMIs) so perhaps it is above 30 in rounded figures the cut-off

Possibly.  Yes I am obese by BMI standards but my body fat is low.  Wonder what the "Rock's" BMI is and if he would be denied....lol

• Haha 1

I bought a Covid policy for myself & my wife on Roojai on Thursday & paid by card. Wife got a confirmation email, I did  not.

Their hotline has not returned my call on Monday.

I would think most of us who wish to buy such insurance do not have work permits.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Also possible this is just a glitch in the software. Suggest you call them or PM @Roojai

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I bought a Covid policy for myself & my wife on Roojai on Thursday & paid by card. Wife got a confirmation email, I did  not.

Their hotline has not returned my call on Monday.

I would think most of us who wish to buy such insurance do not have work permits.

Check the terms, I'm pretty sure it also included if you'd been in Thailand for 6 months so not just a work permit

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Check the terms, I'm pretty sure it also included if you'd been in Thailand for 6 months so not just a work permit

The Question was never asked about how long you have lived or been in Thailand. Only if you had traveled to or from a Covid infected Area in the last two weeks. Of course it asked for your address.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Did you click yes to the "visited COVID hotspots" question? As that seems to be the only one that does this. (Unless there is  something that  occurs after completion and submission of the online form?)

No I did not. I had entered my name, email and age and what came up was, 'You are outside our criteria.' Before you ask, I am over 80

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Also possible this is just a glitch in the software. Suggest you call them or PM @Roojai

Hi Sheryl,

You are correct once again.
It's a cancer insurance exclusion wrongly applied to Covid-19 insurance.

The fix is already in testing environment and should go live by today.

Regards,

The Roojai team

from the orinal post:

"All of these policies are up to age 99"

so try again by calling them.

Or try another 2 companies. 

Looks, like they have glitches.

Also incompetent workers. My wife bought 850b roojai and was told, she is also covered also for road accidents, which is big bollards 

Edited by internationalism

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Question was never asked about how long you have lived or been in Thailand. Only if you had traveled to or from a Covid infected Area in the last two weeks. Of course it asked for your address.

When i signed up a couple weeks ago it highlighted requirement of work permit or 6 months in Thailand

55 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Regards,

The Roojai team

I noticed on an earlier post that the insurance policy hard copy is all in Thai , is there any chance of getting an English language one ?

First of all, thanks very much to @Sheryl for this topic. I already had decent health insurance coverage, but the potential field hospital issue sure is something new to think about.

I just signed up with Roojai to plug that gap, and it went through without any issues. Received SMS and email confirmations right away; let's see when the policy documents will arrive by snail mail - so far, so good!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

First of all, thanks very much to @Sheryl for this topic. I already had decent health insurance coverage, but the potential field hospital issue sure is something new to think about.

I just signed up with Roojai to plug that gap, and it went through without any issues. Received SMS and email confirmations right away; let's see when the policy documents will arrive by snail mail - so far, so good!

+1 Caldera, did the same here for myself and GF

34 minutes ago, Caldera said:

snip... I just signed up with Roojai to plug that gap, and it went through without any issues. Received SMS and email confirmations right away; let's see when the policy documents will arrive by snail mail - so far, so good!

I was offered the first 3 plans only, can not pick none above "Caring".

I guess that turning 70 next week got something to do with the restricted offer... ????

44 minutes ago, Caldera said:

no doubt you'll be disgruntled in 2 weeks

On 4/27/2021 at 1:09 PM, Jingthing said:

Sheryl,  thanks for all that.

I have an important question.

There is a member here who has posted numerous times adamantly that if expats are sent to field hospitals it will be free to them the same as Thais because field hospitals don't have a billing function set up.

I find that very hard to believe!

So my question to you is whether expats sent to field hospitals will be charged or not?

I assume they will be. Perhaps you don’t know but if you do know please answer so we can settle this area of controversy. 

My wife told me last night the field hospitals are free for all, but would have to pay for a hospitel, as would Thais. She's a nursing college director, but I'm not sure where she got her information from. I've personally seen nothing in the press about it, and no reports here of foreigners admitted to field hospitals. 

7 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi Sheryl,

You are correct once again.
It's a cancer insurance exclusion wrongly applied to Covid-19 insurance.

Regards,

The Roojai team

Hi. It is still not working.

58 years old, 175 cm, 112 kg, non smoker. = Not accepted.

38 minutes ago, GMajor said:

I guess that turning 70 next week got something to do with the restricted offer... ????

There's a not very visible scrollbar that allows you to scroll to the 4th plan, far right. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 4:02 PM, WaveHunter said:

Thanks for info on insurance companies .  I just signed up for Covid coverage thru Roojai, the broker for  Krungthai Panich Insurance, based on the fact that it seems to be the only policy confirmed to cover admission to a Field Hospital or hospitelle to date, even though my own policy has covid coverage...just in case field hospitals are not covered (too hard to get a straight answer on that from my provider at this time).

after talking with them 

Field hospital is covered as it is regarded as a Hospital

Hospitelle is not covered as it is regarded as outpatients (quarantine only) and only a single Bt10k payment will be made  

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

Hi. It is still not working.

58 years old, 175 cm, 112 kg, non smoker. = Not accepted.

And therefore you have an BMI of 36.6. This region is called Adipositas II. Same level as I have.

You speak of Adipositas starting with a BMI of 30 - and this is regarded as a disease that needs treatment.

I suspect that this is the threashold that Rojai has. And therefore you will not be accepted just like me.

I suspect further that any more severe precondition (such as diabetes, cancer etc.) could lead to discussions if it comes to a really high claim (lets say 1 Mio THB) for which the level of treatment necessary could be regarded as dependend on those preconditions although you are not asked for them when applying, but this is just a thought and of course I cannot be sure about that. This should be clearly stated in the conditions. If it is then no problem.

Edited by moogradod

1 hour ago, GMajor said:

It's not testricted. You have to slide the little bar below it to show the higher plans

• Like 1