Thailand Increases Visitor Quarantine Period as Covid Rages

webfact

6 minutes ago, retsdon said:

And how will slapping an extra 10 days quarantine onto fully vaccinated people coming from countries with lower covid rates than Thailand achieve that particular goal? 

Does vaccine prevent infection and spread of the virus? 

Which countries with lower covid rates are you talking about now? Im pretty sure your home country have a higher covid rate than Thailand... but feel free to prove me wrong. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I would ask immigration and find out for sure.........as for getting back to school, doubt they will be open.

Already have. According to them, there is no reason why she can't go back which I suppose is true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Already have. According to them, there is no reason why she can't go back which I suppose is true.

Overseas nationals who cannot return home due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will be able to extend their visa until the end of July to give them peace of mind that they can stay in the UK until they are able to return home safely.

The extension will last until 31 July and will apply to anyone whose leave expired after the 24 January and cannot leave the country because of travel restrictions or self-isolation.

While the government has offered this extension to help those who are unable to get home prior to 31 July, those currently in the UK on temporary visas, such as visitor visas, should return home as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/further-visa-extensions-for-those-unable-to-return-home-due-to-coronavirus

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Overseas nationals who cannot return home due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will be able to extend their visa until the end of July to give them peace of mind that they can stay in the UK until they are able to return home safely.

The extension will last until 31 July and will apply to anyone whose leave expired after the 24 January and cannot leave the country because of travel restrictions or self-isolation.

While the government has offered this extension to help those who are unable to get home prior to 31 July, those currently in the UK on temporary visas, such as visitor visas, should return home as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/further-visa-extensions-for-those-unable-to-return-home-due-to-coronavirus

Yes we saw this and that's why we asked however this is primarily aimed at those who cannot return to their countries because there are no flights.

Also, I don't want to get into the position when applying for another visa that it causes problems because of a possible overstay - despite what they say.

9 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes we saw this and that's why we asked however this is primarily aimed at those who cannot return to their countries because there are no flights.

Also, I don't want to get into the position when applying for another visa that it causes problems because of a possible overstay - despite what they say.

Spoke to my niece and she says she has been given an extension because the airline, which she has a return ticket with, is not flying that route.

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Spoke to my niece and she says she has been given an extension because the airline, which she has a return ticket with, is not flying that route.

Lucky. Unfortunaltey Mrs C. is flying with Qatar and all flights bar one have been running...

30 minutes ago, Nismooo said:

That's what vaccines usually do. You mean to say you didn't know?

35 minutes ago, Nismooo said:

Im pretty sure your home country have a higher covid rate than Thailand... but feel free to prove me wrong

You are 'sure your home country'...you seem to know a  lot about me. And what's my passport to do with anything?

And prove? All I said is that that my current residence country has a lower Covid rate than Thailand's. What's there to prove?

But other than it's a complete waste of B20,000, an extra 10 days doesn't bother me. As I said, at least I'm vaccinated (Pfizer).

I think you're just jealous...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nismooo said:

Which countries with lower covid rates are you talking about now? Im pretty sure your home country have a higher covid rate than Thailand... but feel free to prove me wrong. 

Im vaccinated thank god because im more apt in getting covid in Thailand now since happy celebration with Songkran distribution evenly thru out the provinces. Couldnt lock down bkk. The root problem 2 weeks ago.  Government wont admit to error.  Hey buy got rid of thd protests.   

1 hour ago, retsdon said:

You are 'sure your home country'...you seem to know a  lot about me. And what's my passport to do with anything?

And prove? All I said is that that my current residence country has a lower Covid rate than Thailand's. What's there to prove?

But other than it's a complete waste of B20,000, an extra 10 days doesn't bother me. As I said, at least I'm vaccinated (Pfizer).

You are telling me that you know for sure that vaccines does 100% prevent infections and transmission even with the new mutations? Wow...

Even the worlds top scientists are not sure about this but somehow you are. 

Or did you meant to say you didnt know?

My statement about your home country obviously was to justify quarantine in Thailand assuming you were talking about your home country.

“And how will slapping an extra 10 days quarantine onto fully vaccinated people coming from countries with lower covid rates than Thailand achieve that particular goal? “

Now you say you were NOT talking about your home country but a country that you now residence in. Hmm... Is that because you just realized that your home country have a much higher covid rate? Lol

Im still quite curious on which countries that have a lower covid rate than Thailand, i know a few but not many. And those who have, they have even MORE strict quarantine rules than Thailand. 

And going back to your statement again, would you still stand by your statement if were to change it to countries with a HIGHER covid rate than Thailand?

If you are not bothered by 20,000 bht and an extra 10 days, then what is the problem? 

Jealous of you? Because you can afford 20,000 bht? Yeah, you are amazing. 

Edited by Nismooo

10 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Another article claims that 14 day quarantine will include 3 Covid tests.

It does already.  One before boarding flight. 2 on arrival.  Just filed out paper work unluckily now with 16 day lockup.  Thai National STILL DONT NEED A TEST BEFORE BOARDING FLIGHT.  <deleted>

• Like 2

Ditto. We have that precious covid vaccination.  Pfizer too.  Stay healthy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, retsdon said:

What about Myanmar? Very low rate there.....

So now you have narrowed it down to people...

*Already vaccinated

*From countries with lower covid rates than Thailand. (Your specific example “Myanmar”)

*Can afford to travel and can afford to pay for ASQ

To have a 14 day quarantine for people that fits this highly specific criteria, wont prevent mutations to spread. 

Well, you got me there.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nismooo said:

So now you have narrowed it down to people...

*Already vaccinated

*From countries with lower covid rates than Thailand. (Your specific example “Myanmar”)

*Can afford to travel and can afford to pay for ASQ

To have a 14 day quarantine for people that fits this highly specific criteria, wont prevent mutations to spread. 

Well, you got me there.

This Covid 'rate' you set such store by, how is it determined? That's why I mentioned Myanmar. Yemen also has a very low 'rate'.

You should know that the UK has conducted 2 million tests per million of the population. Thailand, by contrast, has conducted 3,000 per million. If one country tests population x 2,  and another country tests population x 0.3, which country will find it has a higher 'rate' of Covid. I've no idea what Thailand's comparative rate of infection is, and neither do you.

What I do know is that, and I'm quoting 'Evidence shows the vaccines work against leading variants Recent research from Pfizer looked at 44,000 people around the world — including people in South Africa who were predominantly exposed to the B.1.351 variant — and found that the vaccine remained 100 percent effective against severe disease and death.'

So unless the research is wrong, I'll be wasting my time in quarantine. But at least I'm protected when I get to Thailand,  so it doesn't  matter.

In the meantime, don't forget to wash your hands.....

3 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

It does already.  One before boarding flight. 2 on arrival.  Just filed out paper work unluckily now with 16 day lockup.  Thai National STILL DONT NEED A TEST BEFORE BOARDING FLIGHT.  <deleted>

I can't believe airlines are not requiring all passengers to show a  negative test certificate  issued within say 72 hours of flying before they allow them to board. ???  What about the "health and safety" of their staff and other passengers ??  They are quick enough to use those reasons to stop people boarding if they smell a whiff of alcohol.  Are you sure this is true?

This Covid 'rate' you set such store by, how is it determined? 

You were the one mentioned countries with lower covid rates than Thailand, not me.

Did the vaccine mess up your memory?

You were trying to make it sound that the UK had a lower covid rate than Thailand (L O L) and therefore having a quarantine would be useless in stopping mutations for vaccinated people. 

Then when you realized that your arguments didnt hold up then you came up with the Myanmar narrative. 

You also keep avoiding answering my questions so i guess they are too complicated for you...

Then you give me a quote without any link or source thinking you won the argument? ????

I can post 10 quotes that says otherwise but whats the point? 

Arguing with you is like arguing with a 65 year old stubborn man that still think he is 35... or you might just be a simple covid denier? 

Its funny how some people tend to complain and whine about a few extra days/expenses in quarantine rather than to care about the risks they put others around them in.

Then again, im not surprized. It was exactly that attitude that totally ruined the European countries in the first place so you must be proud of yourself. 

PS. I would easily give you 20k to help you out if you cant afford it. 

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bang goes the Phuket Sandbox model then.

This decision is a consequence of their sheer reluctance to deal with the virus seriously in the beginning and allowing travel at Songkran

According to my wife they are still trying to push ahead with that. They want permission to buy vaccines themselves. I'm not sure how easy that would be though. It is till 2 months until July 1st so let's hope they manage it.

Edited by kimamey

8 hours ago, Nismooo said:

You were the one mentioned countries with lower covid rates than Thailand, not me.

Did the vaccine mess up your memory?

You were trying to make it sound that the UK had a lower covid rate than Thailand (L O L) and therefore having a quarantine would be useless in stopping mutations for vaccinated people. 

Then when you realized that your arguments didnt hold up then you came up with the Myanmar narrative. 

You also keep avoiding answering my questions so i guess they are too complicated for you...

Then you give me a quote without any link or source thinking you won the argument? ????

I can post 10 quotes that says otherwise but whats the point? 

Arguing with you is like arguing with a 65 year old stubborn man that still think he is 35... or you might just be a simple covid denier? 

Its funny how some people tend to complain and whine about a few extra days/expenses in quarantine rather than to care about the risks they put others around them in.

Then again, im not surprized. It was exactly that attitude that totally ruined the European countries in the first place so you must be proud of yourself. 

PS. I would easily give you 20k to help you out if you cant afford it. 

Actually today in uk -:     1,072,576 tests, of which 2381 were  positive! and 15 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.  So not that much different from Thailand, except the number of tests. However I imagine the Thai testing is more focused on areas / people of concern, whereas the UK is testing anybody who wants testing even if they are from areas with very low infection rates. If you think about it, a negative test is actually, in reality a wasted test

Well i believe professor Sucharit Bahkdi who is going viral on the web...he teached about viruses on many German and Danish Universities for 40 years and according to him covid is a scam and the vaccin is very dangerous..He dares dr Fauci to debunk him and asks why Fauci has forgotten about what he learned because it's not the same as he learned.

Search his name, Sucharit Bahkdi, born in the USA and worked in Germany. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Well i believe professor Sucharit Bahkdi who is going viral on the web...he teached about viruses on many German and Danish Universities for 40 years and according to him covid is a scam and the vaccin is very dangerous..He dares dr Fauci to debunk him and asks why Fauci has forgotten about what he learned because it's not the same as he learned.

Search his name, Sucharit Bahkdi, born in the USA and worked in Germany. 

He is an idiot. Not far behind are people who believe him.

32 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

She came to the UK to see her dying father-in-law

Fair enough she made the discussion so has to live with the consequences – we have a staff member who’s mother died recently but decided not to travel home because of the problems

5 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Fair enough she made the discussion so has to live with the consequences – we have a staff member who’s mother died recently but decided not to travel home because of the problems

You called her dumb for travelling - cap fits and all that