Government to work with private sector on vaccine rollout - target to open country next year

webfact

3 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

In a recent article BDMS group indicated that they're pleading with the government to allow them to purchase vaccines using their long standing relationships with vaccine manufacturers. 

Due to WHO protocols they are unable to do so without a government signature.

But I guess expediting that process would unnecessarilly cut into Siam Bioscience profits, and highlight what a failure the government vaccine program is.

I have witnessed questionable incidents here, always contributing to my training of patience and understanding but this one really makes me deeply sad. I just had a conversation with a doctor of the mentioned BDMS group who fully agreed on my choice of favourite vaccines - which are neither Sinovac nor AstraZeneca.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

In a recent article BDMS group indicated that they're pleading with the government to allow them to purchase vaccines using their long standing relationships with vaccine manufacturers. 

Due to WHO protocols they are unable to do so without a government signature.

But I guess expediting that process would unnecessarilly cut into Siam Bioscience profits, and highlight what a failure the government vaccine program is.

So - you are happy with the situation that BDMS is not allowed to import for example Pfizer or Moderna ? Or why did you give my 2 "sad" ratings ? And how did you manage to give me 2 ratings for one post at all ? ???? - just curious.

55 minutes ago, moogradod said:

So - you are happy with the situation that BDMS is not allowed to import for example Pfizer or Moderna ? Or why did you give my 2 "sad" ratings ? And how did you manage to give me 2 ratings for one post at all ? ???? - just curious.

Like you I'm sad that they BDMS isn't able to import Pfizer or Moderna, hence the "sad" rating.

Actually I'm sad enough at the situation that I'm returning to the US next week to get my Pfizer, something that many Thais and Thai residents I know are doing. 

Not sure how I managed to give 2 ratings. 

• Like 1

Is there not a huge, untapped source of money that resides in one person that could be used to vaccinate the people of Thailand. That person also has the power to make things happen.  His father was well known for understanding when the suffering of the citizens require his benevolent assistance. This source has been silent during the country's current emergency.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Like you I'm sad that they BDMS isn't able to import Pfizer or Moderna, hence the "sad" rating.

Actually I'm sad enough at the situation that I'm returning to the US next week to get my Pfizer, something that many Thais and Thai residents I know are doing.

I wish you good luck with your Pfizer shot(s) and a happy return even with all that adminstration necessary. I would immediately take the same shot if it were available here.

I wonder why they do not use the military for transport, setting up the vaccination  hubs with equipment, mobilising the nursing /medical corps of the services and student medicos and nurses to carry out the vaccinations?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder why they do not use the military for transport, setting up the vaccination  hubs with equipment, mobilising the nursing /medical corps of the services and student medicos and nurses to carry out the vaccinations?

Military must be available ready to go at a moments notice for the next coup 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Didn't they just announce there was no need for the private sector to involve themselves with procurement?

This part of the private sector is different to the private hospitals, the hospitals want to procure various vaccines so people with a brain can buy the Pfizer, Moderna J&J vaccines etc.

This set of private sector companies will be split into groups allocated various functions, purchase, distribution, locations & actually giving jabs.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For the love of God , just give me an end date to all this madness. If we can get back to normal in 8 months , then fine, but this endless grind of unknowing is soul destroying.

Just treat it as a daily comic strip (without the drawings).

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode. ???? 

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hopefully they can open the country up next year. Some of us would like to return home for a visit to see families but do not wish to jump through the hoops and clear the hurdles of quarantine before we can come back to where we reside full time.

Everybody's got different priority's as some of us will jump through the moon and back to see our family's in Thailand again.

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For the love of God , just give me an end date to all this madness. If we can get back to normal in 8 months , then fine, but this endless grind of unknowing is soul destroying.

I understand it is frustrating but lucky for us that we have been living through this in Thailand and not for example, the UK/Europe or the US. Spending a year living through 3 severe waves of COVID, tens/hundreds of thousands of deaths per country and having to wait through that full year of hell for a vaccination.

By way of comparison France & Germany, well into their 3rd severe wave, yesterday both reported around 27,000 new cases and 300 deaths each.

Even being a relative leader in vaccination progress, the UK Prime Minister has warned of another potential wave later in the year as not everyone will be vaccinated by that point, they are not 100% effective and no-one is really sure how long the vaccine protection lasts for.

To date, I have spent about 1 month working from home during the past 14 months and have had only the minor inconvenience of bars  being occasionally shut during that period. For the remaining 13 months I have been able to go about my life pretty much as normal. Even enjoying several bargain idyllic beach holidays during June 20-March 21 period, whilst friends & family back home have been living in 'bubbles', physically separated from close relatives/friends and been unable to go for a pint for 5 months. 

The following assertion is currently being tested and this is no time for complacency as things may change but as at the present date and by any and all measures, we have been extremely fortunate to have been in Thailand for the past 14 months or so since this all started.

I don't know who, if anyone, to give credit for that but it is a stone-cold fact.

Edited by realfunster
Typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Channel 7 reported that the Thai government would be working with principal players in the private sector to help deliver the vaccine rollout.

Of the sole-source Siam-Bioscience AZ vaccine, no? 
But no, no, no, no, no competing brands or manufacturers - for the good of Thailand - of course!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

no country in the world will open in this time frame, except small countries like Turkey, Maldives and few others, who started vaccinations long time ago

Maybe not!

Turkey has gone into full lockdown.

And Turkey is not a small country. It also has a population around 82-85 million.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56912668

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:04 AM, Amdesign said:

Exactly! And these talks about 'opening next year' are just fairy tales. It will be at least 2023 or later, or maybe (and hopefully) after this government will be down. Anyway, all businesses will be dead by this time with millions of homeless. But who cares?

It won't just be businesses that will be dead. People too.