Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have a question about the form.

It asks for first and last name but they have a message saying their very picky about passport matching. 

My passport includes my middle name.

I'm not sure what to put in the fields. Whether I should omit my middle name or if not, include it in the first or last name field. 

the instructions say clearly to put it in as per your passport - so just put name and middle in the name field and the last name into the last name field and I would do that all with the utmost sense of urgency...

Edited by VaccineHunter
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So we have two opinions on the middle name. 

I tend to agree it would be better to include it in the first name field.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I think both options work given that they would cross check against the submitted passport number and cross reference that with the uploaded passport information.. Just move fast please I am sure this will be "sold out" again in a short time...

Edited by VaccineHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

I don't think both options work given that they would cross check against the submitted passport number and cross reference that with the uploaded passport information.. Just move fast please I am sure this will be "sold out" again in a short time...

OK. Done.

I needed to get a good scan of my passport.

So I've got a booking in early August. 
That's good.

But does anyone know for sure if it's AstraZenica vs. Sinovac?

Because if it might be Sinovac, I guess I should still try the Phayathai 2 lottery tommorow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

OK. Done.

I needed to get a good scan of my passport.

So I've got a booking in early August. 
That's good.

But does anyone know for sure if it's AstraZenica vs. Sinovac?

Because if it might be Sinovac, I guess I should still try the Phayathai 2 lottery tommorow.

congrats!! this is awesome news - just get vaccinated and be over with it!

• Thanks 1

OK, folks.

This is NOT in Pattaya.

Another chance in Bangkok 

And it might be Sinovac not AstraZenica. Which would suck.

The thailandintervac site clearly says that both brands are available.

The Phayatai 2 direct link still talks only of Astra.

The Medpark link, which this post is about doesn't promise any brand.

But if you miss out on Phayathai 2 (lottery ends tomorrow) this is definitely something:

From intervac:

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Direct Link:

Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

Actual appointments with confirmation emails available in August RIGHT NOW.

I don't know for how long.

You will need a scanned file of your passport I.D. page.

Happy vaccinations!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

congrats!! this is awesome news - just get vaccinated and be over with it!

That's been the idea all along, dude.

But if Medpark is doing Sinovac then I will be seeking a better booster, so it's not over till it's over.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, folks.

This is NOT in Pattaya.

Another chance in Bangkok 

And it might be Sinovac not AstraZenica. Which would suck.

The thailandintervac site clearly says that both brands are available.

The Phayatai 2 direct link still talks only of Astra.

The Medpark link, which this post is about doesn't promise any brand.

But if you miss out on Phayathai 2 (lottery ends tomorrow) this is definitely something:

From intervac:

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Direct Link:

Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

Actual appointments with confirmation emails available in August RIGHT NOW.

I don't know for how long.

You will need a scanned file of your passport I.D. page.

Happy vaccinations!

Did not scan my passport ,just  send them a bad photo of my passport.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's been the idea all along, dude.

But if Medpark is doing Sinovac then I will be seeking a better booster, so it's not over till it's over.

oh here come them complaints - I knew it!!! Chillax - if you get Sinovac which I think is unlikely then the second shot will be Astra Zeneca according to the latest news so you should be fine. Actually you might be even better off because as previously said your dose spacing will be only 4 weeks then.. Stop the whining and man up my friend!!

• Like 1

Just now, VaccineHunter said:

oh here come them complaints - I knew it!!! Chillax - if you get Sinovac which I think is unlikely then the second shot will be Astra Zeneca according to the latest news so you should be fine. Actually you might be even better off because as previously said your dose spacing will be only 4 weeks then.. Stop the whining and man up my friend!!

If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. This is serious stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. This is serious stuff. 

If you dish out the complaints then you gotta accept the repercussions. I am just giving you the facts about what will most likely happen when you get Sinovac and why that might not be such a bad thing as you make it out to be. 

5 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

If you dish out the complaints then you gotta accept the repercussions. I am just giving you the facts about what will most likely happen when you get Sinovac and why that might not be such a bad thing as you make it out to be. 

Agreed and thanks for that part. 

I didn't like the personal stuff even if you were trying to be funny especially after I was viciously, relentlessly, and completely unfairly insulted and slurred tonight on another thread by another member. I just have no patience for being a punching bag for arrogant smug expats that think they're superior because of special privilege, owning pink cards, or just luck here, not saying you're one of them.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Agreed and thanks for that part. 

I didn't like the personal stuff even if you were trying to be funny especially after I was slurred tonight on another thread by another member. 

Fair enough - but if you start calling me "dude" you gotta expect a more casual response back.. its a 2 way street. But let's move on and get vaccinated rather than harbour personal animosities...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VaccineHunter said:

Fair enough - but if you start calling me "dude" you gotta expect a more casual response back.. its a 2 way street. But let's move on and get vaccinated rather than harbour personal animosities...

Agreed. No hard feeling from me to you at all. 

• Like 1

I'm curious, does anyone know exactly when the Medpark link showed up as having bookings available on thailandintervac?

Usually I've been checking intervac daily, but THIS WEEK I was focused on playing the Phyathai 2 lottery game so I didn't click on it this week. It didn't occur to me that something else would show up there this month.

So even though I have a booking at Medpark, I'm curious how fresh that link is. I wonder how many doses they have? If it's been there a few days how is it that they still have bookings, when the other two sold out so incredibly quickly?!?

In any case if you're willing to go to Bangkok and take a chance that it will be Sinovac, yes really should RUSH to book with Medpark. 

• Like 1

I made an appointment!  Thanks for the link Jingthing!  

I already have Phyathai appointment but they could conceivably run out so good to have  backup.

Note, originally Phyathai scheduled me for Saturday the 24th then sent me  SMS rescheduling to the 26th saying they don't do weekends,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

any vaccine is better than no vaccine and you can always ‘boost’ with a better option next time. 

Are you sure? Could I get SIno or Astra and then Moderna later this year?

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So even though I have a booking at Medpark, I'm curious how fresh that link is. I wonder how many doses they have? If it's been there a few days how is it that they still have bookings, when the other two sold out so incredibly quickly?!?

90% of the Thais I know refused Sinovac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to add that those of us now on a path to get jabbed with ... something ... should consider the majority of expats still without access to vaccines in Pattaya.  Medpark is booking now but surely they don't have unlimited slots, some expats here can't/won't travel to Bangkok and need local access, and some have their own reasons why they can't take a chance that it will be the weaker Sinovac.

Obviously it's not only expats with access problems in Pattaya, but as long as expats are discriminated against for vaccine access here, this issue is NOT resolved.

It's not only about ourselves. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm curious, does anyone know exactly when the Medpark link showed up as having bookings available on thailandintervac?

Usually I've been checking intervac daily, but THIS WEEK I was focused on playing the Phyathai 2 lottery game so I didn't click on it this week. It didn't occur to me that something else would show up there this month.

In any case if you're willing to go to Bangkok and take a chance that it will be Sinovac, yes really should RUSH to book with Medpark. 

I don't think it's been up very long. I used the Intervac page early yesterday when helping a friend by giving him the Intervac page with the Phyathai link. I don't remember seeing the Med Park link at all. I think I would have spotted that new link and jumped on it.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

ACT FAST ON THIS ONE!

I MEAN NOW.

Passports accepted.

Deadline is  11am on Friday.

Does anyone know if Thais can register with this one? 

Where is the hospital?